Glendale: The second most populous city in Los Angeles County, California. It is located in the eastern part of the city of Los Angeles. Glendale is known for its many parks and green spaces, its many historical sites, and its many attractions, such as the Griffith Observatory and the Descanso Gardens.
Glendale is a city located in the county of Los Angeles in the U.S. state of California. Its population at the 2010 census was 191,719. After 10 years in 2020 city had an estimated population of 197,747 inhabitants.
The city was created 139 years ago in 1883.
Part of the Greater Los Angeles area, Glendale offers small-town charm just minutes from big-city attractions. Known as the "Jewel City", Glendale has a vibrant downtown, diverse cuisine, and family-friendly recreation.
Historic downtown Glendale offers pedestrian-friendly shopping, dining, and entertainment along Brand Boulevard and Broadway. The newly renovated Glendale Galleria features major department stores, restaurants, and an animated fountain for kids. The Americana at Brand mixes national chains with unique local shops in an open-air setting.
The Alex Theatre, originally built in 1925, hosts film screenings, concerts, comedy and other live events in a beautiful Art Deco auditorium. Glendale is also home to the Museum of Neon Art which celebrates the creative history of neon sign design.
Glendale's dining scene reflects its diversity, with Armenian, Mexican, Korean, Japanese and Mediterranean influences. Porto's Bakery draws crowds with its Cuban pastries and sandwiches. Authentic Armenian kebabs and salads shine at Carousel Restaurant.
Foodies line up for the fresh ramen bowls at Tsurumaru Udon Honpo. And Versailles Cuban transports you to Havana with ropa vieja, moros y cristianos and mojitos in a tropical setting.
Griffith Park, located partially in Glendale, offers prime recreation like the zoo, observatory, merry-go-round and hiking trails. The Verdugo Mountains provide more rugged hikes, with views of the San Gabriel Mountains.
Brand Park and Deukmejian Wilderness Park have scenic trails through the foothills. And the Glendale Sports Complex hosts youth sports tournaments, aquatics programs, and skate parks appealing to all ages.
Glendale blends small-town atmosphere with cosmopolitan attractions - the perfect home base to experience all L.A. has to offer!
Quick Facts about Glendale
|Population :||197,747 (2020)|
|Country :||United States of America|
|State :||California (United States)|
|County :||Los Angeles County|
|Twitter username :||MyGlendale|
|Phone Area Codes :||818|
|Water as percent of area :||0.43%|
|Land as percent of area :||99.57%|
|Altitude :||1,713 feet / 522 meters|
|Establishment :||January 01, 1884 (139 years ago)|
|Time Zone :||America/Los_Angeles|
|Local time :||02:01:10 (11th December 2023)|
|Postal code :||91201|
|Population growth :||3.05% (2010-2020)|
|Weather :||51℉ Mostly Cloudy 7-days weather|
Glendale forecast: Mostly cloudy, with a low around 51. North wind 5 to 10 mph. more
Zareh Sinanyan ,
Glendale has 4 neighbours.
- Pasadena The second most populous city in Harris County, Texas. It is located in the northeastern part of the county. Pasadena is known for its many colleges and universities, its many parks and green spaces, and its many attractions, such as the University of Houston and the Miller Outdoor Theatre.
- Burbank The most populous city in Los Angeles County, California. It is located in the eastern part of the county. Burbank is known for its many parks and green spaces, its many historical sites, and its many attractions, such as the Warner Bros. Studios and the Burbank History Museum.
- La Cañada Flintridge city in California, United States
- Los Angeles The second most populous city in the United States and the center of the Los Angeles metropolitan area. It is located on the coast of Southern California, at the head of the Santa Monica Bay. Los Angeles is a major center for the entertainment industry and is home to many Hollywood studios.
The population of Glendale increased by 3.05% in 10 years.
People born in Glendale (200)
- Jaime Herrera Beutler (American politician) she was born in 03/11/1978
- Jimmy Davies (American racing driver) he was born in 18/08/1929
- Pat Flaherty (racecar driver) he was born in 06/01/1926
- Kelly Packard (American actress, television personality) she was born in 29/01/1975
- Paul Walker (American actor (1973-2013)) he was born in 12/09/1973
- Erika Eleniak (American-Canadian actress of Ukrainian descent) she was born in 29/09/1969
- Julia Ann (American movie actress and director) she was born in 08/10/1969
- Allisyn Ashley Arm (American actress) she was born in 25/04/1996
- Allison Iraheta (singer, musician) she was born in 27/04/1992
- Diana Taurasi (basketball player) she was born in 11/06/1982
- Claudia Christian (actress) she was born in 10/08/1965
- Debra Jo Rupp (American actress) she was born in 24/02/1951
- Kathy Ireland (American model and businesswoman) she was born in 20/03/1963
- Nicole Eggert (American actress) she was born in 13/01/1972
- Sam Phillips (American singer) she was born in 28/01/1962
- Eric Lloyd (American actor and comedian) he was born in 19/05/1986
- A Martinez (American actor and singer) he was born in 27/09/1948
- Edward Furlong (American actor) he was born in 02/08/1977
Schools in Glendale
College & universities near Glendale, CA
|488031||Abraham Lincoln University||Glendale (CA)||91210|
|115010||Glendale Career College||Glendale (CA)||91203|
|372028||North-West College-Glendale||Glendale (CA)||91203|
|461263||American Medical Sciences Center||Glendale (CA)||91204-5108|
|479992||Brand College||Glendale (CA)||91203|
Amtrak & bus stations near Glendale, CA
|GDL||Glendale Transportation Center||400 West Cerritos Avenue||RAIL|
|LAX||Los Angeles Union Station||800 North Alameda Street||RAIL|
|LCA||La Crescenta, California||Honolulu & Lowell Avenue||BUS|
|PAS||Pasadena, California||150 South Los Robles Ave.||BUS|
|BUR||Burbank Airport–South station||3750 Empire Avenue||RAIL|
Post offices near Glendale
|Post Office Name||City||ZIP|
|Glendal Post Office||Glendale (CA)||91205|
|Tr Post Office||Glendale (CA)||91205|
|North Glendal Post Office||Glendale (CA)||91202|
|Verdugo Viej Post Office||Glendale (CA)||91206|
|Griffith Post Office||Los Angeles (CA)||90039|
Other places with the same name (9)
- Glendale , Arizona The second most populous city in Arizona. It is located west of Phoenix. Glendale is known for its many sports teams, its many parks and green spaces, and its many attractions, such as the Gila River Arena and the OdySea Aquarium. with a population of 255,307 people.
- Glendale , Missouri city in Missouri with a population of 5,863 people.
- Glendale , Colorado city in Colorado with a population of 5,102 people.
- Glendale , Ohio city in Ohio with a population of 2,182 people.
- Glendale , Oregon city in Oregon, USA with a population of 900 people.
- Glendale , Wisconsin city in Milwaukee County, Wisconsin with a population of 666 people.
- Glendale , Utah town in Kane County, Utah, United States with a population of 404 people.
- Glendale , Kansas unincorporated community in Saline County, Kansas with a population of 107 people.
Other cities in Los Angeles County
Cities, towns, neighborhoods & other populated places in Los Angeles County , CA. (more)
|Los Angeles||3,970,219||The second most populous city in the United States and the center of the Los Angeles metropolitan area.|
|Long Beach||454,681||The second most populous city in California, Long Beach is a major center for business, manufacturing, and tourism.|
|Santa Clarita||209,990||The second most populous city in Los Angeles County, California.|
|Hollywood||167,664||District in Los Angeles, California, United States|
|Lancaster||155,822||The most populous city in Los Angeles County, California.|
|Palmdale||150,498||The most populous city in Los Angeles County, California.|
|Pomona||149,212||The sixth most populous city in Los Angeles County, California.|
|Torrance||141,553||The third most populous city in Los Angeles County, California.|
|Pasadena||141,045||The second most populous city in Los Angeles County, California.|
|East Los Angeles||126,496||Census-designated place in Los Angeles County, California, United States|
|El Monte||112,344||The most populous city in Los Angeles County, California.|
|Downey||109,202||The most populous city in Los Angeles County, California.|
|Inglewood||107,203||The most populous city in Los Angeles County, California.|
|Santa Maria||105,851||The third most populous city in Santa Barbara County, California.|
|West Covina||103,656||The most populous city in Los Angeles County, California.|
|Norwalk||102,635||The most populous city in Los Angeles County, California.|
Distance to Other Cities
Glendale distances to largest California cities