Bristol Hartford County, Connecticut
Bristol: City in Connecticut, United States
Bristol is a city located in the county of Hartford in the U.S. state of Connecticut. Its population at the 2010 census was 60,477. After 10 years in 2020 city had an estimated population of 59,734 inhabitants.
The city was created 237 years ago in 1784.
Bristol Quick Facts
|Population :||59,734 (2020)|
|Country :||United States of America|
|State :||Connecticut (United States)|
|County :||Hartford County|
|Postal code :||06010|
|Phone Area Codes :||860|
|Water as percent of area :||1.51%|
|Land as percent of area :||98.49%|
|Altitude :||305 feet / 93 meters|
|Establishment :||January 01, 1785 (237 years ago)|
|Time Zone :||Eastern Time Zone|
|Local time :||05:40:18 (16th May 2022)|
|Population growth :||-1.24% (2010-2020)|
Bristol is located at 41°40'18"N 72°56'57"W (41.6717600, -72.9492700).
- Official Website
Official website of Bristol
According to census records, the population of Bristol decreased by 1.24% in 10 years.
|Estimated population as of July 1, 2019 :||26,227|
|Based on demographic estimates as of April 1, 2010 :||24,976|
|Based on demographic estimates as of 1 April 2010 :||5.0%|
|April 1, 2020 Population :||26,416|
|April 1, 2010 Population :||24,953|
|People under 5 years old, percentage :||9.0%|
|People under 18 years old, percentage :||33.8%|
|People over 65 (%) :||12.4%|
|Female persons, % :||51.6%|
|White only, percent :||82.6%|
|Black or African American alone, percent :||1.4%|
|American Indian and Alaska Native only, % :||0.7%|
|Asians alone % :||0.4%|
|Only Native Hawaiians and Other Pacific Islanders, % :||0.4%|
|% of people who have participated in two or more races :||5.8%|
|% of Hispanic or Latino :||83.7%|
|White people, not Hispanic or Latino people, make up the majority of the population. :||12.2%|
|2015-2019 Veterans :||885|
|Percentage of foreign-born people, 2015-2019 :||26.0%|
|Rate of owner-occupied housing units, 2015-2019 :||52.5%|
|Rate of owner-occupied housing units, 2015-2019 :||52.5%|
|Owner-occupied housing unit median value, 2015-2019 :||$188,900|
|From 2015 to 2019, the median selected monthly owner costs - with a mortgage :||$1,405|
|Monthly owner costs, without a mortgage, at the median, 2015-2019 :||$512|
|2015-2019 median gross rent :||$828|
|2015-2019 Households :||6,887|
|Population per household, 2015-2019 :||3.77|
|Living in the same house a year ago, percentage of people aged one year and up, 2015-2019 :||87.3%|
|Languages other than English spoken at home, as a percentage of people aged 5 and up, 2015-2019 :||67.0%|
|Households with computers, %, 2015-2019 :||85.7%|
|Percentage of households with a broadband Internet subscription, 2015-2019 :||76.4%|
|Percentage of people aged 25 and up with a high school diploma or higher, 2015-2019 :||72.5%|
|Bachelor's degree or higher, proportion of people aged 25 and up, 2015-2019 :||11.7%|
|Percentage of people under the age of 65 who have a disability, 2015-2019 :||12.5%|
|Persons under the age of 65 who do not have health insurance, as a percentage :||7.5%|
|Total civilian labor force, percent of population aged 16 and up, 2015-2019 :||52.3%|
|Female labor force participation in the civilian labor force, as a percentage of the population aged 16 and up, 2015-2019 :||48.3%|
|Total sales of lodging and food services in 2012 ($1,000) :||26,146|
|Total receipts/revenue for health care and social assistance in 2012 ($1,000) :||159,692|
|2012 total retail sales ($1,000) :||141,954|
|2012 total retail sales per capita :||$5,552|
|Mean commute time to work (in minutes), workers aged 16 and up, 2015-2019 :||24.3|
|2015-2019 median household income (in 2019 dollars) :||$42,326|
|Income per capita in the previous 12 months (in 2019 dollars), 2015-2019 :||$17,185|
|Percentage of people living in poverty :||33.8%|
|Total number of businesses in 2012 :||1,481|
|Men-owned businesses in 2012 :||768|
|Women-owned businesses in 2012 :||596|
|Minority-owned businesses in 2012 :||1,008|
|Non-minority-owned businesses in 2012 :||435|
|Veteran-owned businesses in 2012 :||110|
|Nonveteran-owned businesses in 2012 :||1,277|
|2010 population per square mile :||3,248.4|
|2010 land area in square miles :||7.68|
Best Things to Do in Bristol
1 Lake Compounce
185 Enterprise Dr, Bristol, CT 06010, United States ➦ Show Map
☎ +18605833300 🔗 Url
2 Rockwell Park
238 Jacobs St, Bristol, CT 06010, United States ➦ Show Map
☎ +18605846100 🔗 Url
3 Harry C Barnes Memorial Nature Center
175 Shrub Rd, Bristol, CT 06010, United States ➦ Show Map
☎ +18605831234 🔗 Url
Other Places in Bristol
1 Bristol City Hall
111 N Main St, Bristol, CT 06010 ➦ Show Map
☎ +18605846100 🔗 Url
People born in Bristol (42)
- Mike Reiss (American writer and producer) he was born in 15/09/1959
- Chris Denorfia (American baseball player) he was born in 15/07/1980
- Karen Josephson (American synchronized swimmer) she was born in 10/01/1964
- Jocelin Donahue (American actress) she was born in 08/11/1981
- Sarah Josephson (American synchronized swimmer) she was born in 10/01/1964
- Samuel Augustus Mitchell (American geographer and publisher) he was born in 20/03/1792
- Bruce Kuczenski (American basketball player) he was born in 03/02/1961
- Ad Yale (American baseball player) he was born in 17/04/1870
- Adrian Wojnarowski (American sportswriter) he was born in 04/03/1969
- Al Benecick (Player of American and Canadian football) he was born in 20/03/1937
- Frank Filipetti (American record producer)
- G. B. Ward (American football player) he was born in 06/11/1878
- George M. Fredrickson (American professor and historian) he was born in 16/07/1934
- Gordon J. Humphrey (American politician) he was born in 09/10/1940
- Joe Conzelman (Major League Baseball pitcher) he was born in 14/07/1889
- John Elliott (professional golfer) he was born in 05/09/1963
- John R. Broderick (American academic administrator) he was born in 01/01/1957
- Larry Kopf (American baseball player) he was born in 03/11/1890
Schools in Bristol
College & universities near Bristol, CT
|431187||Bristol Technical Education Center||Bristol (CT)||06010|
|130606||Tunxis Community College||Farmington (CT)||06032-3187|
|480736||Ace Cosmetology and Barber Training Center||Waterbury (CT)||06705|
|434520||Branford Hall Career Institute-Southington Campus||Southington (CT)||06489|
|481571||Belle Academy of Cosmetology LLC||Waterbury (CT)||06704-1035|
Amtrak & bus stations near Bristol, CT
|BER||Berlin||51 Depot Road||RAIL|
|MDN||Meriden Transit Center||60 State Street||RAIL|
|HFD||Hartford Union Station||One Union Place||RAIL|
|WFD||Wallingford station||37 Hall Avenue||RAIL|
|WND||Windsor station||41 Central St.||RAIL|
Other places with the same name (16)
- Bristol , Pennsylvania borough in Bucks County, Pennsylvania, United States with a population of 53,311 people.
- Bristol , Illinois township in Kendall County, Illinois with a population of 30,486 people.
- Bristol , Tennessee city in Tennessee with a population of 27,142 people.
- Bristol , Rhode Island town in Rhode Island with a population of 21,866 people.
- Bristol , Virginia independent city in Virginia, United States with a population of 17,329 people.
- Bristol , Wisconsin village in Kenosha County, Wisconsin with a population of 5,145 people.
- Bristol , Vermont town in the United States with a population of 3,838 people.
- Bristol , New Hampshire town in New Hampshire with a population of 3,156 people.
- Bristol , Maine town in Maine, United States with a population of 2,796 people.
- Bristol , Ohio township in Morgan County, Ohio with a population of 2,747 people.
- Bristol , New York city in Ontario County, New York, United States of America with a population of 2,226 people.
- Bristol , Indiana town in Indiana with a population of 1,697 people.
- Bristol , Florida city in and the county seat of Liberty County, Florida, United States with a population of 977 people.
- Bristol , Minnesota township in Fillmore County, Minnesota with a population of 416 people.
- Bristol , South Dakota city in Day County, South Dakota, United States with a population of 57 people.
Other cities in Hartford County
Cities, Towns, Neighborhoods & Other Populated Places in Hartford County , CT. (more)
|Hartford||121,535||City in and capital of Connecticut, United States|
|New Britain||72,198||City in Connecticut|
|West Hartford||62,868||Town in Connecticut, United States|
|Manchester||57,362||Town in Connecticut|
|East Hartford||49,630||Town of the United States|
|Southington||43,829||Town in Connecticut, United States|
|Enfield||43,559||Town in Connecticut, United States.|
|Glastonbury||34,426||Town in Connecticut, USA|
|Newington||29,868||Town in Connecticut, United States|
|Windsor||28,647||Town in Connecticut, United States|
|South Windsor||26,102||Town in Hartford County, Connecticut, United States of America|
|Wethersfield||25,884||Town in Hartford County, Connecticut, United States|
|Farmington||25,496||Town in Hartford County, Connecticut, United States|
|Simsbury||25,437||Town in Hartford County, Connecticut, United States|
|Bloomfield||21,182||Town in Hartford County, Connecticut, USA|
|Berlin||20,390||Town in Connecticut|
Distance to Other Cities
Bristol distances to largest Connecticut cities