Sanford: City in York County, Maine, United States
Sanford is a city located in the county of York in the U.S. state of Maine. Its population at the 2010 census was 20,790 and a population density of 165 people per km². After 10 years in 2020 city had an estimated population of 21,253 inhabitants.
The city was created 284 years ago in 1738.
Quick Facts about Sanford
|Population :||21,253 (2020)|
|Country :||United States of America|
|State :||Maine (United States)|
|County :||York County|
|Postal code :||04073|
|Phone Area Codes :||207|
|Area :||126.27 km2|
|Altitude :||262 feet / 80 meters|
|Establishment :||January 01, 1739 (284 years ago)|
|Time Zone :||America/New_York|
|Local time :||01:43:11 (7th December 2023)|
|Density :||168 Pop. per km² as of 2020|
|Population growth :||2.18% (2010-2020)|
|Weather :||31℉ Mostly Sunny 7-days weather|
The population of Sanford increased by 2.18% in 10 years.
People born in Sanford (10)
- Frank Augustus Allen (American politician) he was born in 29/01/1835
- Mike McGinnis (Brooklyn-based Clarinetist, Saxophonists, and Composer) he was born in 01/01/1973
- Amédée Wilfrid Proulx (Catholic bishop) he was born in 31/08/1932
- George Lambert (American politician, born 1968) he was born in 04/09/1968
- Odette Delacroix (American movie actress) she was born in 15/10/1989
- Jane Lord Hersom (American physician) she was born in 06/08/1840
- Clarabel Gilman (American teacher, botanist, botanical collector and writer (1851-1919)) she was born in 06/07/1851
Schools in Sanford
College & universities near Sanford, ME
|433970||Harris School of Business-Sanford Campus||Sanford (ME)||04073|
Amtrak & bus stations near Sanford, ME
|WEM||Wells Regional Transportation Center||696 Sanford Road||RAIL|
|SAO||Saco Transportation Center||130 Main Street||RAIL|
|DOV||Dover Transportation Center||33 Chestnut St.||RAIL|
|ORB||Old Orchard Beach||11 First Street||RAIL|
|DHM||Durham–UNH station||3 Depot Road||RAIL|
Post offices near Sanford
|Post Office Name||City||ZIP|
|Sanford Post Office||Sanford (ME)||04073|
Other places with the same name (8)
- Sanford , Florida The most populous city in Seminole County, Florida. It is located in the central part of the state. Sanford is known for its many parks and green spaces, its many historical sites, and its many attractions, such as the Sanford History Museum and the Sanford Riverwalk. with a population of 61,508 people.
- Sanford , North Carolina city in Lee County, North Carolina, United States of America with a population of 30,361 people.
- Sanford , New York town in Broome County, New York, United States with a population of 2,275 people.
- Sanford , Colorado Statutory Town in Conejos County, Colorado, United States with a population of 900 people.
- Sanford , Michigan human settlement in Midland County, Michigan, United States of America with a population of 845 people.
- Sanford , Alabama town in Covington County, Alabama, United States with a population of 259 people.
- Sanford , Texas town in Hutchinson County, Texas, United States with a population of 155 people.
Other cities in York County
Cities, towns, neighborhoods & other populated places in York County , ME. (more)
|Biddeford||21,500||City in York County, Maine|
|Saco||20,121||City in York County, Maine|
|York Beach||12,854||Unincorporated community in Maine|
|Kennebunk||11,706||Town in Maine|
|Wells||10,819||Town in York County, Maine, United States|
|Wells Beach Station||10,162||City in York County, Maine, United States of America|
|Kittery||9,876||Town in Maine|
|Old Orchard Beach||9,095||Town and census-designated place in York County, Maine, United States|
|Buxton||8,368||Town in Maine, United States|
|Waterboro||8,007||Town in Maine|
|Berwick||7,996||Town in Maine|
|South Berwick||7,613||Town in Maine|
|Eliot||7,115||Town in Maine|
|Lebanon||6,435||Town in Maine|
|North Berwick||4,745||Town in East Lothian, Scotland|
|Hollis Center||4,637||City in York County, Maine, United States of America|
Distance to Other Cities
Sanford distances to largest Maine cities