Waldorf: Census designated place
Waldorf is a CDP located in the county of Charles in the U.S. state of Maryland.
Enjoying Small Town Charm in Waldorf, Maryland
Waldorf is an unincorporated community located in Charles County, Maryland, around 25 miles southeast of Washington D.C. Known for its historic charm and community spirit, Waldorf makes an idyllic getaway from the bustle of the city.
History of Waldorf
Waldorf was founded in 1908 and was an agricultural village until the mid 1900s when it began to grow into a suburb. Historic sites like St. Peter’s Roman Catholic Church built in 1846 and the Chancellor House built in 1825 hearken back to Waldorf's past. The Waldorf West Library houses exhibits on the town’s history.
Things to Do in Waldorf
Some top attractions and activities in the Waldorf area include:
- St. Charles Towne Center - Sprawling indoor mall with stores, dining, and entertainment.
- Governor Thomas Johnson High School - Attend plays, musicals, and concerts at the school’s state-of-the-art performing arts center.
- Veterans Park - Enjoy picnics, hiking trails, playgrounds, and ball fields at this 150-acre park.
- Waldorf Motor Sports Park - Catch auto racing events like stock car races at the park’s speedway.
Waldorf hosts several popular annual events including Waldorf HonFest in May, the Waldorf Jaycees Annual Crab Festival in late summer, and the Veterans Day Parade in November honoring local veterans. These events reflect the town’s strong sense of community pride and spirit.
With its historic small town charm combined with modern amenities, Waldorf is an ideal community for anyone looking to live or visit just outside Washington D.C.
Quick Facts about Waldorf
|Country :||United States of America|
|State :||Maryland (United States)|
|County :||Charles County|
|Postal code :||20601–20604|
|Phone Area Codes :||301|
|Area :||94.51 km2|
|Altitude :||207 feet / 63 meters|
|Time Zone :||America/New_York|
|Local time :||19:04:11 (3rd December 2023)|
|Weather :||61℉ Light Rain 7-days weather|
Waldorf is located at 38°37'28"N 76°56'21"W (38.6245600, -76.9391400).
Waldorf forecast: Rain and areas of fog. Cloudy, with a high near 61. Southeast wind around 7 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New rainfall amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible. more
People born in Waldorf (10)
- Aaron Escolopio (American musician) he was born in 08/03/1980
- Adam Thorn (American musician) he was born in 16/12/1979
- David Hayes (American soccer player) he was born in 24/05/1976
- John Flowers (American basketball player) he was born in 16/06/1989
- Christina Clemons (American hurdler) she was born in 29/05/1990
- Robyn Parks she was born in 19/07/1992
- Marquis Wright (American basketball player (1995-)) he was born in 05/07/1995
Schools in Waldorf
College & universities near Waldorf, MD
|162122||College of Southern Maryland||La Plata (MD)||20646-0910|
Amtrak & bus stations near Waldorf, MD
|ALX||Union Station||110 Callahan Drive||RAIL|
|LOR||Lorton station||8006 Lorton Road||RAIL|
|WDB||Woodbridge station||1040 Express Way||RAIL|
|WAS||Washington Union Station||50 Massachusetts Ave NE||RAIL|
|QAN||Quantico||550 Railroad Avenue||RAIL|
Post offices near Waldorf
|Post Office Name||City||ZIP|
|Saint Charles Center Post Office||Waldorf (MD)||20603|
Other places with the same name (2)
- Waldorf , Minnesota human settlement in Waseca County, Minnesota, United States of America with a population of 224 people.
Other cities in Charles County
Cities, towns, neighborhoods & other populated places in Charles County , MD.
|Saint Charles||36,376||City in St.|
|Bennsville||11,923||Census designated place in Maryland, United States|
|La Plata||9,800||Town in Maryland, United States|
|Bryans Road||7,244||Census designated place|
|Middletown||4,910||Town in Maryland, USA|
|Indian Head||3,787||Town in Charles County, Maryland, United States|
|Potomac Heights||1,117||Census designated place|
Distance to Other Cities
Waldorf distances to largest Maryland cities