Talladega County, Alabama
Talladega County: County in Alabama, United States
Talladega County is a county located in the U.S. state of Alabama. As of the 2010 census, the population was 82,291 and a population density of 42 people per km². After 10 years in 2020 county had an estimated population of 79,985 inhabitants. Its county seat is Talladega. The county was created 190 years ago in 1832.
Talladega County is a county located in east-central Alabama with a population of 82,149 as of 2020. Its county seat is Talladega.
- 🏛️ Talladega County is located in east-central Alabama.
- 📅 It was established on December 18, 1832, from land ceded by the Creek Indians.
- 📍 The county seat is Talladega, and it is part of the Talladega-Sylacauga Micropolitan Statistical Area.
- 🗺️ It covers a total area of 760 square miles (2,000 km2), with 737 square miles (1,910 km2) as land and 24 square miles (62 km2) as water.
- 🏞️ The county is situated within the Coosa River Valley and the Ridge-and-Valley Appalachians, featuring the state's highest point, Mount Cheaha, on its northeastern border.
- 🌐 As of the 2020 census, the population was 82,149.
- 🏛️ Talladega County is known for its Republican stronghold, although it was won by Doug Jones in the 2017 Senate race due to specific circumstances.
- 🏢 The local school district is Talladega County Schools, and it is also home to the Birmingham Supplementary School Inc., a part-time Japanese school.
- 🚙 Major highways and rail lines serve the county, connecting it to various areas within Alabama.
- 🏙️ The county consists of cities like Childersburg, Lincoln, Oxford (partly in Calhoun County), Sylacauga, and the county seat, Talladega, along with several towns and census-designated places. It also has various unincorporated communities and a ghost town named Gantts Quarry.
- 🗺️ Population data of U.S. counties from 1900 to 1990 can be found at the United States Census Bureau.
- 📊 Census 2000 PHC-T-4 provides ranking tables for counties in 1990 and 2000.
- 🌐 The United States Census Bureau's website is a valuable resource for census-related information.
- 📅 "Explore Census Data" offers data up to December 11, 2021.
- 🗳️ "Dave Leip's Atlas of U.S. Presidential Elections" is a useful tool for election-related information.
- 🏫 "Birmingham Supplementary School" has a mailing address at 1800 Honda Drive Lincoln, AL 35096, and a facility at Jefferson State Community College, Shelby Campus, 4600 Valleydale Road, Birmingham, AL 35242.
- 📍 "2010 CENSUS - CENSUS BLOCK MAP" offers details about Hoover city, AL.
- 🎓 "Shelby-Hoover Campus" can be found at Jefferson State University.
- 🌐 External links include Talladega County's official website, a community website, and a county map.
- 🌍 The coordinates of the location are 33°23′N 86°10′W.
Quick Facts about Talladega County
|Population :||79,985 (2020)|
|Country :||United States of America|
|State :||Alabama (United States)|
|Plate code :||61|
|Area :||1969 km2|
|Water as percent of area :||3.1%|
|Land as percent of area :||96.9%|
|Altitude :||587 feet / 179 meters|
|Establishment :||December 12, 1832|
|Time Zone :||America/Chicago|
|Local time :||12:02:06 (29th November 2023)|
|Density :||41 Pop. per km² as of 2020|
|Population growth :||-2.88% (2010-2020)|
|Weather :||26℉ Mostly Clear 7-days weather|
Talladega County map
The largest city of Talladega County is Talladega with a population of 15,300. Other cities include, Sylacauga population 11,939, Lincoln population 6,326, Childersburg population 4,781 and Munford population 1,345. See all Talladega County cities & populated places.
Talladega County Populated Places
Cities, towns, neighborhoods & other populated places in Talladega County.
|Talladega||15,300||City in Talladega County, Alabama, United States|
|Sylacauga||11,939||City in Alabama, United States|
|Lincoln||6,326||City in Talladega County, Alabama, United States|
|Childersburg||4,781||City in Talladega County, Alabama, United States|
|Munford||1,345||Human settlement in Talladega County, Alabama, United States of America|
|Mignon||1,284||Census designated place|
|Waldo||272||Human settlement in Talladega County, Alabama, United States of America|
|Bon Air||109||Town of the United States|
Talladega County forecast: Mostly clear, with a low around 26. more
- Official Website
Official website of Talladega County
Talladega County has 6 neighbours.
According to census records, the population of Talladega County decreased by 2.88% in 10 years.
People born in Talladega County (2)
Alabama Other Counties (more counties)
|Jefferson County||655,342||County in Alabama, United States|
|Mobile County||412,716||County in Alabama, United States|
|Madison County||379,453||County in Alabama, United States|
|Baldwin County||229,287||County in Alabama, United States|
|Montgomery County||224,639||County in Alabama, United States|
|Shelby County||221,428||County in Alabama, United States|
|Tuscaloosa County||210,758||County in Alabama, United States|
|Birmingham||206,950||The most populous city in Alabama.|
|Huntsville||202,964||The second most populous city in Alabama.|
|Montgomery||196,268||The capital of Alabama.|
|Mobile||187,746||The second most populous city in Alabama.|
|Lee County||166,831||County in Alabama, United States|
|Morgan County||119,883||County in Alabama, United States|
|Calhoun County||113,469||County in Alabama, United States|
|Houston County||106,580||County in Alabama, United States|
|Tuscaloosa||102,819||The most populous city in Tuscaloosa County, Alabama.|