Orange County, Texas
Orange County: County in Texas, United States
Orange County is a county located in the U.S. state of Texas. As of the 2010 census, the population was 81,837 and a population density of 83 people per km². After 10 years in 2020 county had an estimated population of 82,878 inhabitants. Its county seat is Orange. The county was created 171 years ago in 1852.
Orange County sits in the southeastern corner of Texas, bordering Louisiana. The county seat is Orange. With a population around 85,000, Orange County mixes Texas and Louisiana bayou culture.
History of Orange County
Orange County was established in 1852. It grew as a shipping and lumber hub, using the Sabine River to transport goods. The lumber industry thrived in Orange County's swamps and pinelands in the late 1800s.
Oil was discovered in 1913, further expanding the economy. The shipbuilding industry also flourished during World Wars I and II.
Economy and Industry in Orange County
Key elements of Orange County's economy are:
- Oil refining and petrochemicals, with two large refinery complexes
- The Port of Orange for shipping lumber, oil, and chemicals
- Commercial fishing and seafood processing from the Gulf Coast
- Tourism focused on bass fishing, boating, and wildlife preserves
The county produces over 460 million barrels of oil per year.
Attractions and Things to Do in Orange County
Top Orange County attractions include:
- Fishing and boating at Toledo Bend Reservoir
- Tours of the Sabine Pass Battleground historic site
- Dining and shopping in downtown Orange
- Swamp tours and airboat rides through marshland preserves
- Cultural festivals like the Orange Mardi Gras celebration
With bayous, beaches, cuisine influenced by Louisiana, and ties to the oil industry, Orange County represents a unique slice of southeast Texas life.
Quick Facts about Orange County
|Population :||82,878 (2020)|
|Country :||United States of America|
|State :||Texas (United States)|
|Different from :||Orange County, Orange County, Orange County, Orange County, Orange County, Orange County, Orange County|
|Area :||983 km2|
|Water as percent of area :||12%|
|Land as percent of area :||88%|
|Named for :||orange|
|Establishment :||January 01, 1852|
|Time Zone :||Central Time Zone|
|Local time :||14:19:40 (25th September 2023)|
|Density :||84 Pop. per km² as of 2020|
|Population growth :||1.26% (2010-2020)|
|Weather :||91℉ Chance Showers And Thunderstorms 7-days weather|
Orange County map
The largest city of Orange County is Vidor with a population of 10,310. Other cities include, Bridge City population 7,862, West Orange population 3,168 and Rose City population 484. See all Orange County cities & populated places.
Orange County Populated Places
Cities, towns, neighborhoods & other populated places in Orange County.
|Orange||17,832||Town in Orange County, Vermont, United States|
|Bridge City||7,862||City in Orange County, Texas, United States|
|Mauriceville||3,252||Census designated place in Texas, United States|
|West Orange||3,168||City in Orange County, Texas, USA|
|Rose City||484||City in Orange County, Texas, United States|
Orange County forecast: A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly sunny, with a high near 91. Chance of precipitation is 50%. more
- Official Website
Official website of Orange County
Orange County has 6 neighbours.
The population of Orange County increased by 1.26% in 10 years.
Other places with the same name (8)
- Orange County , California county in California, United States with a population of 3,166,857 people.
- Orange County , Florida county in Florida, United States with a population of 1,404,396 people.
- Orange County , New York The district of Orange County is situated in the U. S. New York state. The population was 372,813 as of the 2010 census. The seat of the county is Goshen. This county was first established in 1683 and reorganized in 1798 with its present limits. Orange County is part of the metropolitan statistical area of Poughkeepsie-Newburgh-Middletown, which belongs to the broader New York-Newark-Bridgeport, NY-NJ-CT-PA Combined Statistical Area. It is in the Hudson Valley Area's Mid-Hudson Portion of the state. Steve Neuhaus is the County Executive. with a population of 385,234 people.
- Orange County , North Carolina county in North Carolina, United States with a population of 149,077 people.
- Orange County , Virginia county in Virginia, United States with a population of 37,695 people.
- Orange County , Vermont county in Vermont, United States with a population of 28,837 people.
- Orange County , Indiana county in Indiana, United States with a population of 19,651 people.
Texas Other Counties (more counties)
|Harris County||4,738,253||County in Texas, United States|
|Dallas County||2,635,888||County in Texas, United States|
|Houston||2,316,120||The fourth most populous city in the United States and the center of the Houston metropolitan area.|
|Tarrant County||2,123,347||County in Texas, United States|
|Bexar County||2,026,823||County in Texas, United States|
|San Antonio||1,567,118||The seventh most populous city in the United States and the center of the San Antonio metropolitan area.|
|Dallas||1,343,266||The ninth most populous city in the United States and the center of the Dallas-Fort Worth metropolitan area.|
|Travis County||1,300,503||County in Texas, United States|
|Collin County||1,072,069||County in Texas, United States|
|Austin||995,484||The eleventh most populous city in the United States and the center of the Austin metropolitan area.|
|Fort Worth||927,720||The twelfth most populous city in the United States and the center of the Dallas-Fort Worth metropolitan area.|
|Denton County||919,324||County in Texas, United States|
|Montopolis||912,791||A neighborhood located in Austin, Texas.|
|Hidalgo County||875,200||County in New Mexico, United States|
|El Paso County||841,286||County in Texas, United States|
|Fort Bend County||839,706||County in Texas, United States|