Orange County , North Carolina
Orange County: County in North Carolina, United States
Orange County is a county located in the U.S. state of North Carolina. As of the 2010 census, the population was 133,801 and a population density of 129 people per km². After 10 years in 2020 county had an estimated population of 149,077 inhabitants. Its county seat is Hillsborough. The county was created 270 years ago in 1751.
Orange County Quick Facts
|Population :||149,077 (2020)|
|Country :||United States of America|
|State :||North Carolina (United States)|
|Different from :||Orange County, Orange County, Orange County, Orange County, Orange County, Orange County, Orange County|
|Area :||1039 km2|
|Water as percent of area :||0.9%|
|Land as percent of area :||99.1%|
|Named for :||William V|
|Establishment :||January 01, 1752|
|Time Zone :||America/New_York|
|Local time :||00:22:57 (6th October 2022)|
|Density :||143 Pop. per km² as of 2020|
|Population growth :||10.25% (2010-2020)|
Orange County map
Orange County Populated Places
Cities, Towns, Neighborhoods & Other Populated Places in Orange County.
|Chapel Hill||59,568||Town in Orange County, North Carolina, United States|
|Carrboro||21,239||Town in North Carolina, United States|
|Hillsborough||7,226||Town in and county seat of Orange County, North Carolina, United States|
- Official Website
Official website of Orange County
Orange County has 5 neighbours.
The population of Orange County increased by 10.25% in 10 years.
People born in Orange County (16)
- Carl Thomas Durham (American politician (1892-1974)) he was born in 28/08/1892
- Willie Person Mangum (American politician (1792-1861)) he was born in 10/05/1792
- Shepperd Strudwick (American actor (1907-1983)) he was born in 22/09/1907
- Bartlett S. Durham (American businessman) he was born in 03/11/1824
- Robert Worth Bingham (American judge) he was born in 08/11/1871
- Henry H. Bell (United States Navy admiral) he was born in 13/04/1808
- Washington Duke (Confederate Navy officer, businessman, philanthropist and tobacco industry executive) he was born in 18/12/1820
- Robert Williams (Governor of the Mississippi Territory (1773-1836)) he was born in 30/10/1766
- Edward Hart Lipscombe he was born in 29/09/1858
- Joe Thompson (American musician) he was born in 01/01/1918
- Brodie Duke he was born in 17/09/1846
- Freeman Walker Compton (American jurist; served on Arkasnsas Supreme Court) he was born in 15/06/1824
- Wm. Cain (American mathematician and civil engineer) he was born in 14/05/1847
Other places with the same name (8)
- Orange County , California county in California, United States with a population of 3,166,857 people.
- Orange County , Florida county in Florida, United States with a population of 1,404,396 people.
- Orange County , New York The district of Orange County is situated in the U. S. New York state. The population was 372,813 as of the 2010 census. The seat of the county is Goshen. This county was first established in 1683 and reorganized in 1798 with its present limits. Orange County is part of the metropolitan statistical area of Poughkeepsie-Newburgh-Middletown, which belongs to the broader New York-Newark-Bridgeport, NY-NJ-CT-PA Combined Statistical Area. It is in the Hudson Valley Area's Mid-Hudson Portion of the state. Steve Neuhaus is the County Executive. with a population of 385,234 people.
- Orange County , Texas county in Texas, United States with a population of 82,878 people.
- Orange County , Virginia county in Virginia, United States with a population of 37,695 people.
- Orange County , Vermont county in Vermont, United States with a population of 28,837 people.
- Orange County , Indiana county in Indiana, United States with a population of 19,651 people.
North Carolina Other Counties (more counties)
|Wake County||1,132,271||County in North Carolina, United States|
|Mecklenburg County||1,128,945||County in North Carolina, United States|
|Charlotte||900,350||City in and county seat of Mecklenburg County, North Carolina, United States|
|Guilford County||540,521||County in North Carolina, United States of America|
|Raleigh||474,414||Capital of North Carolina|
|Forsyth County||383,843||County in North Carolina, United States of America|
|West Raleigh||338,759||City in United States of America|
|Cumberland County||336,364||County in Maine, United States|
|Durham County||327,306||County in North Carolina, United States of America|
|Greensboro||297,878||City in North Carolina, United States of America|
|Durham||285,897||County seat of Durham County, North Carolina, United States|
|Buncombe County||263,477||County in North Carolina, United States|
|Winston-Salem||248,112||City in Forsyth County, North Carolina|
|Union County||244,562||County in North Carolina, United States|
|New Hanover County||236,613||County in North Carolina, United States|
|Gaston County||226,568||County in North Carolina, United States|