Milford, Otsego County, New York
Milford: City in Otsego County, New York, United States of America
Milford is a city located in the county of Otsego in the U.S. state of New York. Its population at the 2010 census was 3,044 and a population density of 2,770 people per km². After 10 years in 2020 city had an estimated population of 2,829 inhabitants.
Quick Facts about Milford
|Population :||2,829 (2020)|
|Country :||United States of America|
|State :||New York (United States)|
|County :||Otsego County|
|Postal code :||13807|
|Area :||1.1 km2|
|Altitude :||1,207 feet / 368 meters|
|Time Zone :||America/New_York|
|Local time :||01:27:13 (4th December 2022)|
|Density :||2,575 Pop. per km² as of 2020|
|Population growth :||-7.6% (2010-2020)|
Milford is located at 42°35'26"N 74°56'43"W (42.5906300, -74.9451600).
According to census records, the population of Milford decreased by 7.6% in 10 years.
|Estimated population as of July 1, 2019 :||24,692|
|Based on demographic estimates as of April 1, 2010 :||25,234|
|Based on demographic estimates as of 1 April 2010 :||-2.1%|
|April 1, 2020 Population :||25,152|
|April 1, 2010 Population :||24,907|
|People under 5 years old, percentage :||6.5%|
|People under 18 years old, percentage :||23.4%|
|People over 65 (%) :||17.4%|
|Female persons, % :||50.0%|
|White only, percent :||92.0%|
|Black or African American alone, percent :||0.8%|
|American Indian and Alaska Native only, % :||0.5%|
|Asians alone % :||1.1%|
|Only Native Hawaiians and Other Pacific Islanders, % :||0.0%|
|% of people who have participated in two or more races :||2.2%|
|% of Hispanic or Latino :||12.9%|
|White people, not Hispanic or Latino people, make up the majority of the population. :||83.1%|
|2015-2019 Veterans :||1,490|
|Percentage of foreign-born people, 2015-2019 :||7.4%|
|Rate of owner-occupied housing units, 2015-2019 :||61.3%|
|Rate of owner-occupied housing units, 2015-2019 :||61.3%|
|Owner-occupied housing unit median value, 2015-2019 :||$119,800|
|From 2015 to 2019, the median selected monthly owner costs - with a mortgage :||$1,146|
|Monthly owner costs, without a mortgage, at the median, 2015-2019 :||$493|
|2015-2019 median gross rent :||$717|
|2015-2019 Households :||10,124|
|Population per household, 2015-2019 :||2.30|
|Living in the same house a year ago, percentage of people aged one year and up, 2015-2019 :||82.8%|
|Languages other than English spoken at home, as a percentage of people aged 5 and up, 2015-2019 :||10.2%|
|Households with computers, %, 2015-2019 :||86.3%|
|Percentage of households with a broadband Internet subscription, 2015-2019 :||77.1%|
|Percentage of people aged 25 and up with a high school diploma or higher, 2015-2019 :||88.4%|
|Bachelor's degree or higher, proportion of people aged 25 and up, 2015-2019 :||24.5%|
|Percentage of people under the age of 65 who have a disability, 2015-2019 :||9.2%|
|Persons under the age of 65 who do not have health insurance, as a percentage :||10.1%|
|Total civilian labor force, percent of population aged 16 and up, 2015-2019 :||64.1%|
|Female labor force participation in the civilian labor force, as a percentage of the population aged 16 and up, 2015-2019 :||59.7%|
|Total sales of lodging and food services in 2012 ($1,000) :||51,647|
|Manufacturers' total shipments in 2012 ($1,000) :||1,596,521|
|2012 total retail sales ($1,000) :||431,183|
|2012 total retail sales per capita :||$17,207|
|Mean commute time to work (in minutes), workers aged 16 and up, 2015-2019 :||15.8|
|2015-2019 median household income (in 2019 dollars) :||$48,644|
|Income per capita in the previous 12 months (in 2019 dollars), 2015-2019 :||$28,156|
|Percentage of people living in poverty :||14.3%|
|Total number of businesses in 2012 :||2,317|
|Men-owned businesses in 2012 :||1,102|
|Women-owned businesses in 2012 :||709|
|Minority-owned businesses in 2012 :||195|
|Non-minority-owned businesses in 2012 :||1,980|
|Veteran-owned businesses in 2012 :||244|
|Nonveteran-owned businesses in 2012 :||1,930|
|2010 population per square mile :||1,847.6|
|2010 land area in square miles :||13.48|
Schools in Milford
College & universities near Milford, NY
|194259||Otsego Area BOCES-Practical Nursing Program||Oneonta (NY)||13820-1142|
Amtrak & bus stations near Milford, NY
|UCA||Union Station||321 Main St.||RAIL|
|AMS||Amsterdam station||Railroad St. & West Main Ave.||RAIL|
|ROM||Rome station||6599 Martin Street||RAIL|
|SDY||Schenectady||332 Erie Blvd.||RAIL|
|ALB||Albany–Rensselaer||525 East St.||RAIL|
Post offices near Milford
|Post Office Name||City||ZIP|
|Milford Post Office||Milford (NY)||13807|
Other places with the same name (20)
- Milford , Connecticut city in New Haven County, Connecticut, United States of America with a population of 53,259 people.
- Milford , Massachusetts town in Worcester County, Massachusetts, United States with a population of 28,965 people.
- Milford , New Hampshire town in Hillsborough County, New Hampshire, United States with a population of 16,515 people.
- Milford , Delaware city in Kent and Sussex counties, Delaware, United States of America with a population of 12,278 people.
- Milford , Michigan village in Michigan with a population of 6,475 people.
- Milford , Indiana town in Kosciusko County, Indiana, United States with a population of 3,095 people.
- Milford , Iowa city in Dickinson County, Iowa, United States of America with a population of 3,043 people.
- Milford , Maine town in Penobscot County, Maine, United States of America with a population of 2,973 people.
- Milford , Nebraska city in Seward County, Nebraska, United States of America with a population of 2,014 people.
- Milford , Ohio city in Clermont and Hamilton counties, Ohio, United States of America with a population of 1,856 people.
- Milford , Indiana town in Kosciusko County, Indiana, United States with a population of 1,562 people.
- Milford , Utah city in Beaver County, Utah, United States with a population of 1,405 people.
- Milford , New Jersey borough of New Jersey with a population of 1,176 people.
- Milford , Illinois village in Milford Township, Iroquois County, Illinois, United States of America with a population of 1,155 people.
- Milford , Wisconsin city in Jefferson County, Wisconsin, United States of America with a population of 1,135 people.
- Milford , Pennsylvania borough in Pike County, Pennsylvania, United States of America with a population of 985 people.
- Milford , Texas town in Ellis County, Texas, United States of America with a population of 756 people.
- Milford , Kansas city in Geary County, Kansas, United States of America with a population of 518 people.
- Milford , Missouri village in Barton County, Missouri, United States of America with a population of 23 people.
Other cities in Otsego County
Cities, Towns, Neighborhoods & Other Populated Places in Otsego County , NY. (more)
|Hyde Park||20,726||Town in New York, United States|
|Oneonta||4,906||City in Otsego County, New York, United States|
|Unadilla||4,051||Human settlement in Otsego County, New York, United States of America|
|Otego||2,846||Human settlement in Otsego County, New York, United States of America|
|Laurens||2,268||Human settlement in Otsego County, New York, United States of America|
|Richfield||2,238||Town in New York, United States|
|Worcester||2,059||City in Otsego County, New York, United States of America|
|Hartwick||1,962||Human settlement in United States of America|
|Middlefield||1,959||Town in New York|
|Morris||1,895||Human settlement in New York, United States of America|
|Maryland||1,785||Town in Otsego County, New York, United States|
|Cooperstown||1,732||Village in Otsego County, New York, United States|
|Edmeston||1,714||Human settlement in United States of America|
|Pittsfield||1,275||Town in Otsego County, New York|
|Springfield||1,252||Town in New York, United States|
|Richfield Springs||1,174||Village in New York, United States|
Distance to Other Cities
Milford distances to largest New York cities