Milford: City in Seward County, Nebraska, United States of America
Milford is a city located in the county of Seward in the U.S. state of Nebraska. Its population at the 2010 census was 2,090 and a population density of 1,025 people per km². After 10 years in 2020 city had an estimated population of 2,014 inhabitants.
Quick Facts about Milford
|Population :||2,014 (2020)|
|Country :||United States of America|
|State :||Nebraska (United States)|
|County :||Seward County|
|Postal code :||68405|
|Phone Area Codes :||402|
|Area :||2.04 km2|
|Altitude :||1,453 feet / 443 meters|
|Time Zone :||America/Chicago|
|Local time :||07:48:34 (6th December 2023)|
|Density :||988 Pop. per km² as of 2020|
|Population growth :||-3.77% (2010-2020)|
|Weather :||27℉ Mostly Clear 7-days weather|
According to census records, the population of Milford decreased by 3.77% in 10 years.
|Estimated population as of July 1, 2019 :||17,451|
|Based on demographic estimates as of April 1, 2010 :||18,032|
|Based on demographic estimates as of 1 April 2010 :||-3.2%|
|April 1, 2020 Population :||19,181|
|April 1, 2010 Population :||17,892|
|People under 5 years old, percentage :||4.6%|
|People under 18 years old, percentage :||17.4%|
|People over 65 (%) :||26.6%|
|Female persons, % :||53.4%|
|White only, percent :||77.3%|
|Black or African American alone, percent :||8.7%|
|American Indian and Alaska Native only, % :||0.3%|
|Asians alone % :||8.3%|
|Only Native Hawaiians and Other Pacific Islanders, % :||0.0%|
|% of people who have participated in two or more races :||2.5%|
|% of Hispanic or Latino :||7.1%|
|White people, not Hispanic or Latino people, make up the majority of the population. :||73.8%|
|2015-2019 Veterans :||977|
|Percentage of foreign-born people, 2015-2019 :||12.7%|
|Rate of owner-occupied housing units, 2015-2019 :||69.7%|
|Rate of owner-occupied housing units, 2015-2019 :||69.7%|
|Owner-occupied housing unit median value, 2015-2019 :||$354,300|
|From 2015 to 2019, the median selected monthly owner costs - with a mortgage :||$2,527|
|Monthly owner costs, without a mortgage, at the median, 2015-2019 :||$704|
|2015-2019 median gross rent :||$1,895|
|2015-2019 Households :||8,048|
|Population per household, 2015-2019 :||2.16|
|Living in the same house a year ago, percentage of people aged one year and up, 2015-2019 :||89.8%|
|Languages other than English spoken at home, as a percentage of people aged 5 and up, 2015-2019 :||14.3%|
|Households with computers, %, 2015-2019 :||84.4%|
|Percentage of households with a broadband Internet subscription, 2015-2019 :||82.8%|
|Percentage of people aged 25 and up with a high school diploma or higher, 2015-2019 :||95.8%|
|Bachelor's degree or higher, proportion of people aged 25 and up, 2015-2019 :||52.0%|
|Percentage of people under the age of 65 who have a disability, 2015-2019 :||5.5%|
|Persons under the age of 65 who do not have health insurance, as a percentage :||3.0%|
|Total civilian labor force, percent of population aged 16 and up, 2015-2019 :||61.2%|
|Female labor force participation in the civilian labor force, as a percentage of the population aged 16 and up, 2015-2019 :||54.5%|
|Total sales of lodging and food services in 2012 ($1,000) :||39,846|
|Total receipts/revenue for health care and social assistance in 2012 ($1,000) :||249,801|
|Manufacturers' total shipments in 2012 ($1,000) :||226,778|
|2012 total retail sales ($1,000) :||471,039|
|2012 total retail sales per capita :||$26,361|
|Mean commute time to work (in minutes), workers aged 16 and up, 2015-2019 :||29.0|
|2015-2019 median household income (in 2019 dollars) :||$87,157|
|Income per capita in the previous 12 months (in 2019 dollars), 2015-2019 :||$55,126|
|Percentage of people living in poverty :||5.4%|
|Total number of businesses in 2012 :||2,246|
|Men-owned businesses in 2012 :||1,305|
|Women-owned businesses in 2012 :||580|
|Minority-owned businesses in 2012 :||441|
|Non-minority-owned businesses in 2012 :||1,629|
|Veteran-owned businesses in 2012 :||115|
|Nonveteran-owned businesses in 2012 :||1,995|
|2010 population per square mile :||1,155.3|
|2010 land area in square miles :||15.49|
People born in Milford (4)
Schools in Milford
College & universities near Milford, NE
|180984||Concordia University-Nebraska||Seward (NE)||68434-1556|
Amtrak & bus stations near Milford, NE
|LNK||Lincoln||201 North 7th St.||RAIL|
|OMA||Omaha||1003 S. 9th Street||RAIL|
|HAS||Hastings||501 West First St.||RAIL|
Post offices near Milford
|Post Office Name||City||ZIP|
|Milford Post Office||Milford (NE)||68405|
Other places with the same name (20)
- Milford , Connecticut A city in New Haven County, Connecticut. It is located on Long Island Sound in southeastern Connecticut. Milford is known for its many parks and green spaces, its many historical sites, and its many attractions, such as the Milford Historical Society and the Milford Arts Council. with a population of 53,259 people.
- Milford , Massachusetts town in Worcester County, Massachusetts, United States with a population of 28,965 people.
- Milford , New Hampshire town in Hillsborough County, New Hampshire, United States with a population of 16,515 people.
- Milford , Delaware city in Kent and Sussex counties, Delaware, United States of America with a population of 12,278 people.
- Milford , Michigan village in Michigan with a population of 6,475 people.
- Milford , Indiana town in Kosciusko County, Indiana, United States with a population of 3,095 people.
- Milford , Iowa city in Dickinson County, Iowa, United States of America with a population of 3,043 people.
- Milford , Maine town in Penobscot County, Maine, United States of America with a population of 2,973 people.
- Milford , New York city in Otsego County, New York, United States of America with a population of 2,829 people.
- Milford , Ohio city in Clermont and Hamilton counties, Ohio, United States of America with a population of 1,856 people.
- Milford , Indiana town in Kosciusko County, Indiana, United States with a population of 1,562 people.
- Milford , Utah city in Beaver County, Utah, United States with a population of 1,405 people.
- Milford , New Jersey borough of New Jersey with a population of 1,176 people.
- Milford , Illinois village in Milford Township, Iroquois County, Illinois, United States of America with a population of 1,155 people.
- Milford , Wisconsin city in Jefferson County, Wisconsin, United States of America with a population of 1,135 people.
- Milford , Pennsylvania borough in Pike County, Pennsylvania, United States of America with a population of 985 people.
- Milford , Texas town in Ellis County, Texas, United States of America with a population of 756 people.
- Milford , Kansas city in Geary County, Kansas, United States of America with a population of 518 people.
- Milford , Missouri village in Barton County, Missouri, United States of America with a population of 23 people.
Other cities in Seward County
Cities, towns, neighborhoods & other populated places in Seward County , NE.
|Seward||7,363||City in Alaska, USA|
|Utica||786||Village in Nebraska, United States|
|Beaver Crossing||410||Human settlement in Seward County, Nebraska, United States of America|
|Staplehurst||224||Human settlement in Seward County, Nebraska, United States of America|
|Garland||210||Place in Nebraska|
|Pleasant Dale||200||Human settlement in Seward County, Nebraska, United States of America|
|Bee||180||Village in the United States|
|Goehner||154||Human settlement in Seward County, Nebraska, United States of America|
|Cordova||130||Human settlement in Seward County, Nebraska, United States of America|
Distance to Other Cities
Milford distances to largest Nebraska cities