Jefferson Union County, South Dakota
Jefferson: City in South Dakota, United States
Jefferson is a city located in the county of Union in the U.S. state of South Dakota. Its population at the 2010 census was 943 and a population density of 713 people per km². After 10 years in 2020 city had an estimated population of 1,159 inhabitants.
Jefferson is located at 42°36'9"N 96°33'33"W (42.6025000, -96.5592000).
Jefferson forecast: A slight chance of rain showers after 7am. Mostly sunny, with a high near 61. more
Jefferson Quick Facts
|Population :||1,159 (2020)|
|Country :||United States of America|
|State :||South Dakota (United States)|
|County :||Union County|
|Postal code :||57038|
|Phone Area Codes :||605|
|Area :||1.32 km2|
|Altitude :||1,115 feet / 340 meters|
|Time Zone :||Central Time Zone|
|Local time :||14:38:20 (20th October 2021)|
|Density :||877 Pop. per km² as of 2020|
|Population growth :||18.64% (2010-2020)|
|Weather :||61℉ Slight Chance Rain Showers 7-days weather|
The population of Jefferson increased by 18.64% in 10 years.
People born in Jefferson (2)
Schools in Jefferson
College & universities near Jefferson, SD
|152992||Briar Cliff University||Sioux City (IA)||51104|
|154262||St Luke's College||Sioux City (IA)||51104-0263|
|154004||Morningside College||Sioux City (IA)||51106-1751|
|154572||Western Iowa Tech Community College||Sioux City (IA)||51102-5199|
|154457||Iowa School of Beauty-Sioux City||Sioux City (IA)||51106|
Post offices near Jefferson
|Post Office Name||City||ZIP|
|Jefferson Post Office||Jefferson (SD)||57038|
Other places with the same name (19)
- Jefferson , New Jersey township in Morris County, New Jersey with a population of 20,611 people.
- Jefferson , Georgia city in Jackson County, Georgia, United States with a population of 12,490 people.
- Jefferson , Iowa city in Greene County, Iowa with a population of 4,075 people.
- Jefferson , Oregon city in Marion County, Texas, USA with a population of 3,386 people.
- Jefferson , Michigan city in Jackson County, Georgia, United States with a population of 2,998 people.
- Jefferson , Indiana unincorporated community in Clinton County, Indiana with a population of 2,523 people.
- Jefferson , Maine town in Maine, United States with a population of 2,470 people.
- Jefferson , Texas city in Marion County, Texas, USA with a population of 1,924 people.
- Jefferson , Ohio county in Ohio, United States with a population of 1,821 people.
- Jefferson , North Carolina town in North Carolina, USA with a population of 1,534 people.
- Jefferson , New York town in New York, United States with a population of 1,455 people.
- Jefferson , Wisconsin city in and county seat of Jefferson County, Wisconsin with a population of 1,225 people.
- Jefferson , New Hampshire town in New Hampshire, United States with a population of 1,049 people.
- Jefferson , Pennsylvania city in Greene County, Iowa with a population of 729 people.
- Jefferson , South Carolina town in South Carolina, United States with a population of 704 people.
- Jefferson , Minnesota unincorporated community in Houston County, Minnesota with a population of 127 people.
- Jefferson , Kansas unincorporated community in Kansas, United States with a population of 95 people.
- Jefferson , Oklahoma town in Oklahoma, United States with a population of 8 people.
Other cities in Union County
Cities, Towns, Neighborhoods & Other Populated Places in Union County , SD.
|North Sioux City||2,928||City in Union County South Dakota, United States|
|Dakota Dunes||2,540||Township in Union County, South Dakota|
|Beresford||1,609||City in South Dakota, United States of America|
|Big Springs||338||Township in Union County, South Dakota|
|Alcester||327||Township in Union County, South Dakota|
|Elk Point||322||City in South Dakota, United States of America|
|Spink||267||Unincorporated community in South Dakota, United States|
|Emmet||262||Township in South Dakota, United States|
|Richland||159||Unincorporated community in South Dakota|
Distance to Other Cities
Jefferson distances to largest South Dakota cities