Jefferson: City in Marion County, Texas, USA
Jefferson is a city located in the county of Marion in the U.S. state of Oregon. Its population at the 2010 census was 3,098 and a population density of 267 people per km². After 10 years in 2020 city had an estimated population of 3,386 inhabitants.
The city was created 182 years ago in 1840.
Quick Facts about Jefferson
|Population :||3,386 (2020)|
|Country :||United States of America|
|State :||Oregon (United States)|
|County :||Marion County|
|Different from :||Jefferson County|
|Postal code :||75657|
|Phone Area Codes :||903|
|Area :||11.59 km2|
|Altitude :||194 feet / 59 meters|
|Capital city :||Jefferson is capital of Marion County|
|Establishment :||January 01, 1841 (182 years ago)|
|Time Zone :||America/Los_Angeles|
|Local time :||08:11:07 (7th December 2023)|
|Density :||292 Pop. per km² as of 2020|
|Population growth :||8.51% (2010-2020)|
|Weather :||44℉ Rain 7-days weather|
Jefferson is located at 44°43'10"N 123°0'37"W (44.7195700, -123.0103700).
Jefferson forecast: Rain. Cloudy, with a low around 44. South southwest wind 6 to 14 mph, with gusts as high as 21 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New rainfall amounts between a half and three quarters of an inch possible. more
- Official Website
Official website of Jefferson
The population of Jefferson increased by 8.51% in 10 years.
|Estimated population as of July 1, 2019 :||22,158|
|Based on demographic estimates as of April 1, 2010 :||18,278|
|Based on demographic estimates as of 1 April 2010 :||21.2%|
|April 1, 2020 Population :||23,094|
|April 1, 2010 Population :||18,291|
|People under 5 years old, percentage :||7.7%|
|People under 18 years old, percentage :||31.3%|
|People over 65 (%) :||9.2%|
|Female persons, % :||51.3%|
|White only, percent :||73.7%|
|Black or African American alone, percent :||17.9%|
|American Indian and Alaska Native only, % :||0.0%|
|Asians alone % :||2.8%|
|Only Native Hawaiians and Other Pacific Islanders, % :||0.3%|
|% of people who have participated in two or more races :||3.7%|
|% of Hispanic or Latino :||3.0%|
|White people, not Hispanic or Latino people, make up the majority of the population. :||71.8%|
|2015-2019 Veterans :||1,278|
|Percentage of foreign-born people, 2015-2019 :||5.6%|
|Rate of owner-occupied housing units, 2015-2019 :||76.3%|
|Rate of owner-occupied housing units, 2015-2019 :||76.3%|
|Owner-occupied housing unit median value, 2015-2019 :||$218,400|
|From 2015 to 2019, the median selected monthly owner costs - with a mortgage :||$1,695|
|Monthly owner costs, without a mortgage, at the median, 2015-2019 :||$630|
|2015-2019 median gross rent :||$1,138|
|2015-2019 Households :||6,986|
|Population per household, 2015-2019 :||2.94|
|Living in the same house a year ago, percentage of people aged one year and up, 2015-2019 :||85.2%|
|Languages other than English spoken at home, as a percentage of people aged 5 and up, 2015-2019 :||6.5%|
|Households with computers, %, 2015-2019 :||96.6%|
|Percentage of households with a broadband Internet subscription, 2015-2019 :||93.2%|
|Percentage of people aged 25 and up with a high school diploma or higher, 2015-2019 :||95.9%|
|Bachelor's degree or higher, proportion of people aged 25 and up, 2015-2019 :||44.6%|
|Percentage of people under the age of 65 who have a disability, 2015-2019 :||3.9%|
|Persons under the age of 65 who do not have health insurance, as a percentage :||4.0%|
|Total civilian labor force, percent of population aged 16 and up, 2015-2019 :||74.2%|
|Female labor force participation in the civilian labor force, as a percentage of the population aged 16 and up, 2015-2019 :||70.1%|
|Total sales of lodging and food services in 2012 ($1,000) :||58,432|
|Total receipts/revenue for health care and social assistance in 2012 ($1,000) :||44,782|
|2012 total retail sales ($1,000) :||220,854|
|2012 total retail sales per capita :||$11,815|
|Mean commute time to work (in minutes), workers aged 16 and up, 2015-2019 :||28.0|
|2015-2019 median household income (in 2019 dollars) :||$97,192|
|Income per capita in the previous 12 months (in 2019 dollars), 2015-2019 :||$35,454|
|Percentage of people living in poverty :||4.2%|
|Total number of businesses in 2012 :||1,793|
|Men-owned businesses in 2012 :||1,093|
|Women-owned businesses in 2012 :||543|
|Minority-owned businesses in 2012 :||228|
|Non-minority-owned businesses in 2012 :||1,494|
|Veteran-owned businesses in 2012 :||189|
|Nonveteran-owned businesses in 2012 :||1,498|
|2010 population per square mile :||1,877.0|
|2010 land area in square miles :||9.74|
People born in Jefferson (14)
- Roy Hawkins (American musician) he was born in 07/02/1903
- Hosea Taylor (Player of American football) he was born in 03/12/1958
- Jennie Lee Riddle (songwriter) she was born in 22/04/1967
- Montrae Holland (American football offensive guard) he was born in 21/05/1980
- Ron Cook (American baseball player) he was born in 11/07/1947
- Roy Lumpkin (American football player (1907-1974)) he was born in 27/01/1907
- Steady Nelson (American musician) he was born in 01/01/1913
- John Watts (American judoka) he was born in 23/04/1944
- Betty Mary Goetting (librarian, women's rights activist in El Paso, Texas) she was born in 01/01/1897
- Lillian Bertha Jones Horace she was born in 01/01/1880
- Marvin Lee Wilson (American murderer) he was born in 05/01/1958
Schools in Jefferson
College & universities near Jefferson, OR
|209074||Linn-Benton Community College||Albany (OR)||97321|
Amtrak & bus stations near Jefferson, OR
|ALY||Albany station||110 10th Ave SW||RAIL|
|SLM||Salem station||500 13th Street SE||RAIL|
|CVI||Corvallis, Oregon||153 NW 4th Avenue||BUS|
|WBN||Woodburn, OR||2900 Tom Tennant Drive||BUS|
|EUG||Eugene–Springfield||433 Willamette Street||RAIL|
Post offices near Jefferson
|Post Office Name||City||ZIP|
|Jefferson Post Office||Jefferson (OR)||97352|
Other places with the same name (19)
- Jefferson , New Jersey township in Morris County, New Jersey with a population of 20,611 people.
- Jefferson , Georgia city in Jackson County, Georgia, United States with a population of 12,490 people.
- Jefferson , Iowa city in Greene County, Iowa with a population of 4,075 people.
- Jefferson , Michigan city in Jackson County, Georgia, United States with a population of 2,998 people.
- Jefferson , Indiana unincorporated community in Clinton County, Indiana with a population of 2,523 people.
- Jefferson , Maine town in Maine, United States with a population of 2,470 people.
- Jefferson , Texas city in Marion County, Texas, USA with a population of 1,924 people.
- Jefferson , Ohio county in Ohio, United States with a population of 1,821 people.
- Jefferson , North Carolina town in North Carolina, USA with a population of 1,534 people.
- Jefferson , New York town in New York, United States with a population of 1,455 people.
- Jefferson , Wisconsin city in and county seat of Jefferson County, Wisconsin with a population of 1,225 people.
- Jefferson , South Dakota city in South Dakota, United States with a population of 1,159 people.
- Jefferson , New Hampshire town in New Hampshire, United States with a population of 1,049 people.
- Jefferson , Pennsylvania city in Greene County, Iowa with a population of 729 people.
- Jefferson , South Carolina town in South Carolina, United States with a population of 704 people.
- Jefferson , Minnesota unincorporated community in Houston County, Minnesota with a population of 127 people.
- Jefferson , Kansas unincorporated community in Kansas, United States with a population of 95 people.
- Jefferson , Oklahoma town in Oklahoma, United States with a population of 8 people.
Other cities in Marion County
Cities, towns, neighborhoods & other populated places in Marion County , OR. (more)
|Salem||175,891||The capital of Oregon.|
|Keizer||39,593||City in Oregon, USA|
|Woodburn||26,175||City in Oregon, USA|
|Hayesville||19,936||City in Keokuk County, Iowa, United States of America|
|Four Corners||15,947||Region of the United States consisting of the southwestern corner of Colorado, northwestern corner of New Mexico, northeastern corner of Arizona and southeastern corner of Utah|
|Silverton||10,617||Historic district in the United States|
|Stayton||8,256||City in Oregon, USA|
|Aumsville||4,202||City in Oregon, USA|
|Mount Angel||3,650||Mountain in Oregon, United States of America|
|Hubbard||3,595||City in Oregon, USA|
|Sublimity||2,784||City in Oregon, USA|
|Gervais||2,774||City in Oregon, USA|
|Turner||2,130||City in Oregon, USA|
|Donald||1,064||City in Oregon, USA|
|Aurora||1,039||City in Oregon, USA|
|Gates||515||City in Oregon, USA|
Distance to Other Cities
Jefferson distances to largest Oregon cities