Jefferson: City in Greene County, Iowa
Jefferson is a city located in the county of Greene in the U.S. state of Pennsylvania. Its population at the 2010 census was 733 and a population density of 47 people per km². After 10 years in 2020 city had an estimated population of 729 inhabitants.
The city was created 168 years ago in 1854.
Quick Facts about Jefferson
|Population :||729 (2020)|
|Country :||United States of America|
|State :||Pennsylvania (United States)|
|County :||Greene County|
|Different from :||Jefferson County|
|Postal code :||50129|
|Phone Area Codes :||515|
|Area :||15.56 km2|
|Altitude :||1,066 feet / 325 meters|
|Capital city :||Jefferson is capital of Greene County|
|Establishment :||January 01, 1855 (168 years ago)|
|Time Zone :||America/New_York|
|Local time :||15:39:53 (24th September 2023)|
|Density :||47 Pop. per km² as of 2020|
|Population growth :||-0.55% (2010-2020)|
|Weather :||70℉ Chance Light Rain 7-days weather|
Jefferson is located at 39°55'48"N 80°3'32"W (39.9300700, -80.0589500).
Jefferson forecast: A chance of rain. Partly sunny, with a high near 70. Chance of precipitation is 30%. New rainfall amounts less than a tenth of an inch possible. more
- Official Website
Official website of Jefferson
According to census records, the population of Jefferson decreased by 0.55% in 10 years.
|Estimated population as of July 1, 2019 :||67,006|
|Based on demographic estimates as of April 1, 2010 :||70,400|
|Based on demographic estimates as of 1 April 2010 :||-4.8%|
|April 1, 2020 Population :||66,497|
|April 1, 2010 Population :||70,400|
|People under 5 years old, percentage :||4.7%|
|People under 18 years old, percentage :||18.8%|
|People over 65 (%) :||21.4%|
|Female persons, % :||48.9%|
|White only, percent :||93.4%|
|Black or African American alone, percent :||4.2%|
|American Indian and Alaska Native only, % :||0.2%|
|Asians alone % :||0.5%|
|Only Native Hawaiians and Other Pacific Islanders, % :||Z|
|% of people who have participated in two or more races :||1.7%|
|% of Hispanic or Latino :||1.1%|
|White people, not Hispanic or Latino people, make up the majority of the population. :||92.4%|
|2015-2019 Veterans :||4,690|
|Percentage of foreign-born people, 2015-2019 :||1.2%|
|Residential units, July 1, 2019 :||32,238|
|Residential units, July 1, 2019 :||32,238|
|Rate of owner-occupied housing units, 2015-2019 :||76.4%|
|Owner-occupied housing unit median value, 2015-2019 :||$100,500|
|From 2015 to 2019, the median selected monthly owner costs - with a mortgage :||$975|
|Monthly owner costs, without a mortgage, at the median, 2015-2019 :||$384|
|2015-2019 median gross rent :||$629|
|Permits for construction, 2020 :||3|
|2015-2019 Households :||25,919|
|Population per household, 2015-2019 :||2.47|
|Living in the same house a year ago, percentage of people aged one year and up, 2015-2019 :||90.6%|
|Languages other than English spoken at home, as a percentage of people aged 5 and up, 2015-2019 :||1.8%|
|Households with computers, %, 2015-2019 :||82.5%|
|Percentage of households with a broadband Internet subscription, 2015-2019 :||73.9%|
|Percentage of people aged 25 and up with a high school diploma or higher, 2015-2019 :||90.2%|
|Bachelor's degree or higher, proportion of people aged 25 and up, 2015-2019 :||16.7%|
|Percentage of people under the age of 65 who have a disability, 2015-2019 :||11.4%|
|Persons under the age of 65 who do not have health insurance, as a percentage :||7.5%|
|Total civilian labor force, percent of population aged 16 and up, 2015-2019 :||54.0%|
|Female labor force participation in the civilian labor force, as a percentage of the population aged 16 and up, 2015-2019 :||50.8%|
|Total sales of lodging and food services in 2012 ($1,000) :||112,179|
|Total receipts/revenue for health care and social assistance in 2012 ($1,000) :||311,651|
|2012 total retail sales ($1,000) :||1,042,545|
|2012 total retail sales per capita :||$14,964|
|Mean commute time to work (in minutes), workers aged 16 and up, 2015-2019 :||24.6|
|2015-2019 median household income (in 2019 dollars) :||$50,904|
|Income per capita in the previous 12 months (in 2019 dollars), 2015-2019 :||$27,580|
|Percentage of people living in poverty :||11.6%|
|Total number of employer establishments, 2019 :||1,375|
|2019 total employment :||18,953|
|2019 total annual payroll ($1,000) :||791,775|
|Total employment, change in percentage terms, 2018-2019 :||-2.0%|
|2018 total non-employer establishments :||3,298|
|Total number of businesses in 2012 :||4,239|
|Men-owned businesses in 2012 :||2,205|
|Women-owned businesses in 2012 :||1,457|
|Minority-owned businesses in 2012 :||190|
|Non-minority-owned businesses in 2012 :||3,862|
|Veteran-owned businesses in 2012 :||565|
|Nonveteran-owned businesses in 2012 :||3,371|
|2010 population per square mile :||132.3|
|2010 land area in square miles :||532.13|
People born in Jefferson (9)
- Bryce Paup (American football player) he was born in 29/02/1968
- Dave Long (American football player) he was born in 06/09/1944
- Eileen Cody (American politician) she was born in 05/01/1954
- Merv Krakau (American football player) he was born in 16/05/1951
- Steve Miller (American football player, coach of football and basketball, and college athletics administrator) he was born in 26/08/1943
- Johnny Case (United States mixed martial artist) he was born in 28/06/1989
Schools in Jefferson
College & universities near Jefferson, PA
|260363||Greene County Career and Technology Center||Waynesburg (PA)||15370-8281|
Amtrak & bus stations near Jefferson, PA
|COV||Connellsville station||North Water Street and West Peach Street||RAIL|
|PGH||Union Station||1100 Liberty Avenue||RAIL|
|GNB||Greensburg||Harrison Ave. and Seton Hill Dr.||RAIL|
|LAB||Latrobe station||329 McKinley Ave||RAIL|
|GTV||Grantsville, MD||3000 Chestnut Ridge Road||BUS|
Post offices near Jefferson
|Post Office Name||City||ZIP|
|Jefferson Post Office||Jefferson (PA)||15344|
Other places with the same name (19)
- Jefferson , New Jersey township in Morris County, New Jersey with a population of 20,611 people.
- Jefferson , Georgia city in Jackson County, Georgia, United States with a population of 12,490 people.
- Jefferson , Iowa city in Greene County, Iowa with a population of 4,075 people.
- Jefferson , Oregon city in Marion County, Texas, USA with a population of 3,386 people.
- Jefferson , Michigan city in Jackson County, Georgia, United States with a population of 2,998 people.
- Jefferson , Indiana unincorporated community in Clinton County, Indiana with a population of 2,523 people.
- Jefferson , Maine town in Maine, United States with a population of 2,470 people.
- Jefferson , Texas city in Marion County, Texas, USA with a population of 1,924 people.
- Jefferson , Ohio county in Ohio, United States with a population of 1,821 people.
- Jefferson , North Carolina town in North Carolina, USA with a population of 1,534 people.
- Jefferson , New York town in New York, United States with a population of 1,455 people.
- Jefferson , Wisconsin city in and county seat of Jefferson County, Wisconsin with a population of 1,225 people.
- Jefferson , South Dakota city in South Dakota, United States with a population of 1,159 people.
- Jefferson , New Hampshire town in New Hampshire, United States with a population of 1,049 people.
- Jefferson , South Carolina town in South Carolina, United States with a population of 704 people.
- Jefferson , Minnesota unincorporated community in Houston County, Minnesota with a population of 127 people.
- Jefferson , Kansas unincorporated community in Kansas, United States with a population of 95 people.
- Jefferson , Oklahoma town in Oklahoma, United States with a population of 8 people.
Other cities in Greene County
Cities, towns, neighborhoods & other populated places in Greene County , PA.
|Newtown||14,197||Borough in Bucks County, Pennsylvania|
|Morrisville||8,490||Borough in Pennsylvania, United States|
|Chartiers||8,299||Township in Washington County, Pennsylvania, United States|
|Mount Carmel||5,708||Borough in southeastern Northumberland County, Pennsylvania|
|Waynesburg||3,857||Borough of Pennsylvania, USA|
|Dunkard||2,210||Township in Greene County, Pennsylvania|
|Nemacolin||937||Census designated place|
|Aleppo||471||Human settlement in United States of America|
|Carmichaels||435||Borough of Pennsylvania|
|Rices Landing||417||Borough of Pennsylvania|
|Triumph||290||Township in Warren County, Pennsylvania|
|Greensboro||238||City in and the county seat of Greene County, Georgia, United States|
|Clarksville||213||Borough of Pennsylvania|