Hillsboro: The most populous city in Washington County, Oregon. It is located in the Portland metropolitan area. Hillsboro is known for its many parks and green spaces, its many historical sites, and its many attractions, such as the Hillsboro Civic Center and the Hillsboro Museum of Art.
Hillsboro is a city located in the county of Washington in the U.S. state of Oregon. Its population at the 2010 census was 91,611 and a population density of 1,415 people per km². After 10 years in 2020 city had an estimated population of 110,985 inhabitants.
The city was created 182 years ago in 1840.
Hillsboro is a city located in Washington County, Oregon, just west of Portland. With over 100,000 residents, it is the fifth-largest city in Oregon.
Hillsboro has a strong economy focused on the high-tech industry, including sectors like semiconductors, software, hardware, and biotechnology. Major employers include Intel, FEI Company, and Genentech. The city continues to grow with new tech companies and startups.
Outdoors and Recreation
Hillsboro offers many outdoor activities for residents. The extensive parks system includes facilities for sports, walking trails, and nature areas. Nearby wine regions in the Willamette Valley provide opportunities for touring vineyards and wine tasting.
Arts and Entertainment
The city has a thriving arts scene centered around the Walters Cultural Arts Center and Hillsboro Tuesday Marketplace. There are also historic areas like Downtown Hillsboro and restaurants featuring cuisines from around the world. The Hillsboro Hops minor league baseball team draws fans during summer.
Oregon Health & Science University and Portland Community College have campuses located right in Hillsboro. The Hillsboro School District provides strong K-12 education. High-achieving schools appeal to families moving into the area.
Growth and Location
Positioned just outside Portland, Hillsboro offers a small-city feel while being close to big-city amenities. Light rail and major transportation corridors make the commute convenient. New housing, retail, and office developments support Hillsboro's rapid population and economic growth.
Quick Facts about Hillsboro
|Population :||110,985 (2020)|
|Country :||United States of America|
|State :||Oregon (United States)|
|County :||Washington County|
|Postal code :||97124, 97123|
|Phone Area Codes :||503, 971|
|Area :||64.74 km2|
|Named for :||David Hill|
|Altitude :||636 feet / 194, 60 meters|
|Capital city :||Hillsboro is capital of Washington County|
|Establishment :||January 01, 1841 (182 years ago)|
|Time Zone :||Pacific Time Zone, UTC−07:00, UTC−08:00|
|Local time :||10:52:51 (29th November 2023)|
|Density :||1,714 Pop. per km² as of 2020|
|Population growth :||17.46% (2010-2020)|
|Weather :||29℉ Partly Cloudy 7-days weather|
Shirley Huffman ,
The population of Hillsboro increased by 17.46% in 10 years.
Where to Stay in Hillsboro
1 Embassy Suites by Hilton Portland Hillsboro, Oregon
9355 NE Tanasbourne Dr, Hillsboro, OR 97124, United States ➦ Show Map
☎ +15037180007 🔗 Url
2 Larkspur Landing Hillsboro
3133 NE Shute Rd, Hillsboro, OR 97124, United States ➦ Show Map
☎ +15036812121 🔗 Url
3 SpringHill Suites by Marriott Portland Hillsboro
7351 NE Butler St, Hillsboro, OR 97124, United States ➦ Show Map
☎ +15035470202 🔗 Url
4 Hampton Inn & Suites Portland/Hillsboro-Evergreen Park
9399 NE Tanasbourne Dr, Hillsboro, OR 97124, United States ➦ Show Map
☎ +15037180006 🔗 Url
5 Holiday Inn Express Portland West/Hillsboro, an IHG Hotel
5900 NE Ray Cir, Hillsboro, OR 97124, United States ➦ Show Map
☎ +15038449696 🔗 Url
Other Places in Hillsboro
1 Hillsboro Civic Center
150 E Main St, Hillsboro, OR 97123 ➦ Show Map
☎ +15036816100 🔗 Url
2 US Consolidated Farm Services Agency
1080 SW Baseline St, Hillsboro, OR 97123, United States ➦ Show Map
☎ +15036483174 🔗 Url
People born in Hillsboro (35)
- Cheryl Moana Marie Nunes (American cheerleader and television presenter) she was born in 17/05/1971
- Ad Rutschman (American college sports coach) he was born in 30/10/1931
- Benjamin P. Cornelius (American politician) he was born in 09/11/1850
- Colt Lyerla (American football tight end, running back) he was born in 13/11/1992
- Eddie Fisher (American musician) he was born in 17/12/1972
- Scott Brosius (American professional baseball player, third baseman, coach) he was born in 15/08/1966
- Jim Evenson (Player of American and Canadian football) he was born in 09/01/1947
- Joseph C. Hare (American mayor) he was born in 15/06/1863
- Kelly AuCoin (American actor) he was born in 14/02/1967
- Mitch Meeuwsen (American football player) he was born in 20/04/1982
- Rick Dancer (American journalist) he was born in 29/06/1959
- Scott Kozak (American football player) he was born in 28/11/1965
- Thomas Garrigus (Olympic shooter) he was born in 09/11/1946
- Thomas Tongue (American judge) he was born in 12/02/1912
- Tom Hughes (Oregon politician) he was born in 01/01/1943
- Travis Knight (Businessperson and animator) he was born in 13/09/1973
- Vern Olsen (American baseball player) he was born in 16/03/1918
- Wally Backman (American baseball player) he was born in 22/09/1959
Schools in Hillsboro
College & universities near Hillsboro, OR
|441168||Northwest College-Hillsboro||Hillsboro (OR)||97123|
|209612||Pacific University||Forest Grove (OR)||97116|
|210076||Pioneer Pacific College||Beaverton (OR)||97005|
|209083||Northwest College-Beaverton||Beaverton (OR)||97005|
|209533||Oregon College of Art and Craft||Portland (OR)||97225|
Amtrak & bus stations near Hillsboro, OR
|MNI||Manning, Oregon||47000 Highway 26||BUS|
|PDG||Portland, OR||550 NW 6th Avenue||BUS|
|PDX||Union Station||800 NW Sixth Ave.||RAIL|
|VAN||Vancouver station||1301 West 11th Street||RAIL|
|ORC||Oregon City station||1757 Washington Street||RAIL|
Post offices near Hillsboro
|Post Office Name||City||ZIP|
|Hillsbor Post Office||Hillsboro (OR)||97123|
|Hillsboro Dcu Post Office||Hillsboro (OR)||97123|
|Corneliu Post Office||Cornelius (OR)||97113|
|Evergreen Dcu Bvrtn Post Office||Hillsboro (OR)||97124|
|North Plain Post Office||North Plains (OR)||97133|
Other places with the same name (14)
- Hillsboro , Texas city in the U.S. state of Texas with a population of 8,516 people.
- Hillsboro , Ohio city in and the county seat of Highland County, Ohio, United States with a population of 6,578 people.
- Hillsboro , Illinois city in Illinois, United States with a population of 5,909 people.
- Hillsboro , Missouri city in Missouri, United States with a population of 3,355 people.
- Hillsboro , Kansas city in Kansas, United States with a population of 2,762 people.
- Hillsboro , Wisconsin city in Vernon County, Wisconsin, United States with a population of 836 people.
- Hillsboro , Alabama town in Alabama, United States with a population of 512 people.
- Hillsboro , Indiana town in Indiana, United States with a population of 503 people.
- Hillsboro , West Virginia town in West Virginia, United States with a population of 236 people.
- Hillsboro , Iowa city in Iowa, United States with a population of 173 people.
- Hillsboro , Virginia town of the United States with a population of 169 people.
- Hillsboro , Maryland town in Maryland, United States with a population of 156 people.
- Hillsboro , North Dakota city in the U.S. state of North Dakota with a population of 115 people.
Other cities in Washington County
Cities, towns, neighborhoods & other populated places in Washington County , OR. (more)
|Beaverton||98,957||The most populous city in Washington County, Oregon.|
|Tigard||56,049||The most populous city in Washington County, Oregon.|
|Aloha||49,425||A city in Clackamas County, Oregon.|
|Tualatin||27,481||City in Oregon, USA|
|Forest Grove||25,442||City in Oregon, USA|
|Bethany||20,646||Unincorporated community in Washington County, Oregon, United States|
|Sherwood||19,746||City in Oregon, USA|
|Cedar Mill||14,546||Unincorporated community in Washington County, Oregon|
|Cornelius||13,116||City in Oregon, USA|
|Oak Hills||11,333||Census-designated place in Washington County, Oregon, United States|
|Rockcreek||9,316||Unincorporated community in Oregon|
|Cedar Hills||8,300||City in Utah County, Utah, United States|
|West Slope||6,554||Unincorporated suburb of Portland, in Washington County, Oregon, U.|
|Raleigh Hills||5,896||Census-designated neighborhood in Washington County, Oregon, United States|
|King City||4,408||City in Oregon, USA|
|Metzger||3,765||Unincorporated community, in Washington County, Oregon|
Distance to Other Cities
Hillsboro distances to largest Oregon cities