Wilson, East Feliciana Parish, Louisiana
Wilson: Village in the Louisiana, United States
Wilson is a village located in the county of East Feliciana Parish in the U.S. state of Louisiana. Its population at the 2010 census was 595 and a population density of 219 people per km². After 10 years in 2020 city had an estimated population of 546 inhabitants.
Quick Facts about Wilson
|Population :||546 (2020)|
|Country :||United States of America|
|State :||Louisiana (United States)|
|County :||East Feliciana Parish|
|Phone Area Codes :||225|
|Area :||2.72 km2|
|Altitude :||256 feet / 78 meters|
|Time Zone :||America/Chicago|
|Local time :||11:04:03 (3rd December 2022)|
|Postal code :||70789|
|Density :||201 Pop. per km² as of 2020|
|Population growth :||-8.97% (2010-2020)|
Wilson is located at 30°55'13"N 91°6'56"W (30.9201800, -91.1156600).
According to census records, the population of Wilson decreased by 8.97% in 10 years.
|Estimated population as of July 1, 2019 :||38,967|
|Based on demographic estimates as of April 1, 2010 :||40,325|
|Based on demographic estimates as of 1 April 2010 :||-3.4%|
|April 1, 2020 Population :||38,910|
|April 1, 2010 Population :||40,325|
|People under 5 years old, percentage :||5.8%|
|People under 18 years old, percentage :||22.6%|
|People over 65 (%) :||21.2%|
|Female persons, % :||51.3%|
|White only, percent :||89.5%|
|Black or African American alone, percent :||6.2%|
|American Indian and Alaska Native only, % :||0.4%|
|Asians alone % :||1.0%|
|Only Native Hawaiians and Other Pacific Islanders, % :||0.1%|
|% of people who have participated in two or more races :||2.8%|
|% of Hispanic or Latino :||3.4%|
|White people, not Hispanic or Latino people, make up the majority of the population. :||86.7%|
|2015-2019 Veterans :||2,996|
|Percentage of foreign-born people, 2015-2019 :||1.7%|
|Residential units, July 1, 2019 :||18,615|
|Residential units, July 1, 2019 :||18,615|
|Rate of owner-occupied housing units, 2015-2019 :||70.3%|
|Owner-occupied housing unit median value, 2015-2019 :||$108,500|
|From 2015 to 2019, the median selected monthly owner costs - with a mortgage :||$1,106|
|Monthly owner costs, without a mortgage, at the median, 2015-2019 :||$483|
|2015-2019 median gross rent :||$778|
|Permits for construction, 2020 :||43|
|2015-2019 Households :||16,891|
|Population per household, 2015-2019 :||2.29|
|Living in the same house a year ago, percentage of people aged one year and up, 2015-2019 :||83.5%|
|Languages other than English spoken at home, as a percentage of people aged 5 and up, 2015-2019 :||3.3%|
|Households with computers, %, 2015-2019 :||86.2%|
|Percentage of households with a broadband Internet subscription, 2015-2019 :||78.1%|
|Percentage of people aged 25 and up with a high school diploma or higher, 2015-2019 :||92.0%|
|Bachelor's degree or higher, proportion of people aged 25 and up, 2015-2019 :||20.1%|
|Percentage of people under the age of 65 who have a disability, 2015-2019 :||10.8%|
|Persons under the age of 65 who do not have health insurance, as a percentage :||5.1%|
|Total civilian labor force, percent of population aged 16 and up, 2015-2019 :||63.7%|
|Female labor force participation in the civilian labor force, as a percentage of the population aged 16 and up, 2015-2019 :||59.2%|
|Total receipts/revenue for health care and social assistance in 2012 ($1,000) :||323,744|
|Manufacturers' total shipments in 2012 ($1,000) :||1,626,705|
|2012 total retail sales ($1,000) :||684,189|
|2012 total retail sales per capita :||$16,961|
|Mean commute time to work (in minutes), workers aged 16 and up, 2015-2019 :||16.8|
|2015-2019 median household income (in 2019 dollars) :||$51,267|
|Income per capita in the previous 12 months (in 2019 dollars), 2015-2019 :||$29,941|
|Percentage of people living in poverty :||14.9%|
|Total number of employer establishments, 2019 :||1,100|
|2019 total employment :||19,924|
|2019 total annual payroll ($1,000) :||828,352|
|Total employment, change in percentage terms, 2018-2019 :||0.5%|
|2018 total non-employer establishments :||2,337|
|Total number of businesses in 2012 :||3,319|
|Men-owned businesses in 2012 :||1,544|
|Women-owned businesses in 2012 :||1,245|
|Minority-owned businesses in 2012 :||235|
|Non-minority-owned businesses in 2012 :||2,877|
|Veteran-owned businesses in 2012 :||231|
|Nonveteran-owned businesses in 2012 :||2,819|
|2010 population per square mile :||96.9|
|2010 land area in square miles :||416.12|
Schools in Wilson
College & universities near Wilson, LA
|160621||Southern University and A & M College||Baton Rouge (LA)||70813|
Amtrak & bus stations near Wilson, LA
|BTR||Baton Rouge, Louisiana||1253 Florida St.||BUS|
|MCB||McComb||114 Northeast Railroad Ave.||RAIL|
|HMD||Hammond||404 N.E. Railroad Ave.||RAIL|
|BRH||Brookhaven||East Monticello St. and South Railroad Ave.||RAIL|
|LFT||Lafayette||133 East Grant St.||RAIL|
Post offices near Wilson
|Post Office Name||City||ZIP|
|Wilson Post Office||Wilson (LA)||70789|
Other places with the same name (17)
- Wilson , North Carolina county seat of Wilson County, North Carolina, USA with a population of 49,643 people.
- Wilson , North Carolina city in and county seat of Wilson County, North Carolina with a population of 49,479 people.
- Wilson , Pennsylvania borough in Pennsylvania, United States of America with a population of 7,784 people.
- Wilson , Wisconsin village in St. Croix County, Wisconsin with a population of 3,353 people.
- Wilson , Michigan unincorporated community in Michigan with a population of 1,973 people.
- Wilson , Oklahoma town in Carter County, Oklahoma with a population of 1,730 people.
- Wilson , Oklahoma town in Carter County, Oklahoma with a population of 1,707 people.
- Wilson , Wyoming census-designated place (CDP) in Teton County, Wyoming, United States with a population of 1,482 people.
- Wilson , New York village in Niagara County, New York, United States with a population of 1,211 people.
- Wilson , Minnesota unincorporated community in Minnesota, United States with a population of 1,161 people.
- Wilson , Arkansas human settlement in Mississippi County, Arkansas, United States of America with a population of 803 people.
- Wilson , Ohio village in Belmont and Monroe counties of Ohio with a population of 502 people.
- Wilson , Texas city in Lynn County, Texas, United States with a population of 493 people.
- Wilson , Illinois human settlement in United States of America with a population of 132 people.
- Wilson , Missouri township in Adair County, Missouri with a population of 110 people.
- Wilson , Kansas city in Ellsworth County, Kansas with a population of 91 people.
Other cities in East Feliciana Parish
Cities, Towns, Neighborhoods & Other Populated Places in East Feliciana Parish , LA.
|Jackson||3,707||Town in East Feliciana Parish, Louisiana|
|Clinton||1,486||Town in and the parish seat of East Feliciana Parish, Louisiana, United States|
|Slaughter||882||Human settlement in Louisiana, United States of America|
|Norwood||281||Village in East Feliciana Parish, Louisiana, United States|