Wilson Allegheny County, Pennsylvania
Wilson: Borough in Pennsylvania, United States of America
Wilson is a city located in the county of Allegheny in the U.S. state of Pennsylvania. Its population at the 2010 census was 7,896 and a population density of 6,807 people per km². After 10 years in 2020 city had an estimated population of 7,784 inhabitants.
The city was created 108 years ago in 1913.
Wilson Quick Facts
|Population :||7,784 (2020)|
|Country :||United States of America|
|State :||Pennsylvania (United States)|
|County :||Allegheny County|
|Postal code :||18042|
|Phone Area Codes :||610|
|Area :||1.16 km2|
|Named for :||Woodrow Wilson|
|Altitude :||394 feet / 120 meters|
|Establishment :||January 01, 1914 (108 years ago)|
|Time Zone :||Eastern Time Zone|
|Local time :||00:57:02 (1st October 2022)|
|Density :||6,710 Pop. per km² as of 2020|
|Population growth :||-1.44% (2010-2020)|
Wilson is located at 40°18'36"N 79°53'29"W (40.3100700, -79.8914400).
- Official Website
Official website of Wilson
According to census records, the population of Wilson decreased by 1.44% in 10 years.
|Estimated population as of July 1, 2019 :||6,386|
|Based on demographic estimates as of April 1, 2010 :||6,441|
|Based on demographic estimates as of 1 April 2010 :||-0.9%|
|April 1, 2020 Population :||6,728|
|April 1, 2010 Population :||6,441|
|People under 5 years old, percentage :||5.5%|
|People under 18 years old, percentage :||17.5%|
|People over 65 (%) :||23.9%|
|Female persons, % :||51.7%|
|White only, percent :||91.0%|
|Black or African American alone, percent :||2.1%|
|American Indian and Alaska Native only, % :||0.2%|
|Asians alone % :||0.5%|
|Only Native Hawaiians and Other Pacific Islanders, % :||0.0%|
|% of people who have participated in two or more races :||4.2%|
|% of Hispanic or Latino :||1.8%|
|White people, not Hispanic or Latino people, make up the majority of the population. :||90.7%|
|2015-2019 Veterans :||740|
|Percentage of foreign-born people, 2015-2019 :||1.4%|
|Rate of owner-occupied housing units, 2015-2019 :||72.4%|
|Rate of owner-occupied housing units, 2015-2019 :||72.4%|
|Owner-occupied housing unit median value, 2015-2019 :||$112,800|
|From 2015 to 2019, the median selected monthly owner costs - with a mortgage :||$909|
|Monthly owner costs, without a mortgage, at the median, 2015-2019 :||$395|
|2015-2019 median gross rent :||$705|
|2015-2019 Households :||2,941|
|Population per household, 2015-2019 :||2.18|
|Living in the same house a year ago, percentage of people aged one year and up, 2015-2019 :||88.9%|
|Languages other than English spoken at home, as a percentage of people aged 5 and up, 2015-2019 :||3.2%|
|Households with computers, %, 2015-2019 :||85.4%|
|Percentage of households with a broadband Internet subscription, 2015-2019 :||77.2%|
|Percentage of people aged 25 and up with a high school diploma or higher, 2015-2019 :||91.4%|
|Bachelor's degree or higher, proportion of people aged 25 and up, 2015-2019 :||14.9%|
|Percentage of people under the age of 65 who have a disability, 2015-2019 :||14.1%|
|Persons under the age of 65 who do not have health insurance, as a percentage :||10.4%|
|Total civilian labor force, percent of population aged 16 and up, 2015-2019 :||53.0%|
|Female labor force participation in the civilian labor force, as a percentage of the population aged 16 and up, 2015-2019 :||49.6%|
|Total sales of lodging and food services in 2012 ($1,000) :||12,978|
|Total receipts/revenue for health care and social assistance in 2012 ($1,000) :||30,818|
|2012 total retail sales ($1,000) :||97,930|
|2012 total retail sales per capita :||$15,230|
|Mean commute time to work (in minutes), workers aged 16 and up, 2015-2019 :||20.3|
|2015-2019 median household income (in 2019 dollars) :||$45,307|
|Income per capita in the previous 12 months (in 2019 dollars), 2015-2019 :||$27,745|
|Percentage of people living in poverty :||15.1%|
|Total number of businesses in 2012 :||511|
|Men-owned businesses in 2012 :||246|
|Women-owned businesses in 2012 :||104|
|Minority-owned businesses in 2012 :||F|
|Non-minority-owned businesses in 2012 :||466|
|Veteran-owned businesses in 2012 :||F|
|Nonveteran-owned businesses in 2012 :||350|
|2010 population per square mile :||1,848.3|
|2010 land area in square miles :||3.48|
People born in Wilson (2)
Schools in Wilson
College & universities near Wilson, PA
|215381||Pittsburgh Institute of Aeronautics||West Mifflin (PA)||15122|
Amtrak & bus stations near Wilson, PA
|PGH||Union Station||1100 Liberty Avenue||RAIL|
|GNB||Greensburg||Harrison Ave. and Seton Hill Dr.||RAIL|
|COV||Connellsville station||North Water Street and West Peach Street||RAIL|
|LAB||Latrobe station||329 McKinley Ave||RAIL|
|JST||Johnstown||47 Walnut Street||RAIL|
Post offices near Wilson
|Post Office Name||City||ZIP|
|Glasspor Post Office||Glassport (PA)||15045|
Other places with the same name (17)
- Wilson , North Carolina county seat of Wilson County, North Carolina, USA with a population of 49,643 people.
- Wilson , North Carolina city in and county seat of Wilson County, North Carolina with a population of 49,479 people.
- Wilson , Wisconsin village in St. Croix County, Wisconsin with a population of 3,353 people.
- Wilson , Michigan unincorporated community in Michigan with a population of 1,973 people.
- Wilson , Oklahoma town in Carter County, Oklahoma with a population of 1,730 people.
- Wilson , Oklahoma town in Carter County, Oklahoma with a population of 1,707 people.
- Wilson , Wyoming census-designated place (CDP) in Teton County, Wyoming, United States with a population of 1,482 people.
- Wilson , New York village in Niagara County, New York, United States with a population of 1,211 people.
- Wilson , Minnesota unincorporated community in Minnesota, United States with a population of 1,161 people.
- Wilson , Arkansas human settlement in Mississippi County, Arkansas, United States of America with a population of 803 people.
- Wilson , Louisiana village in the Louisiana, United States with a population of 546 people.
- Wilson , Ohio village in Belmont and Monroe counties of Ohio with a population of 502 people.
- Wilson , Texas city in Lynn County, Texas, United States with a population of 493 people.
- Wilson , Illinois human settlement in United States of America with a population of 132 people.
- Wilson , Missouri township in Adair County, Missouri with a population of 110 people.
- Wilson , Kansas city in Ellsworth County, Kansas with a population of 91 people.
Other cities in Allegheny County
Cities, Towns, Neighborhoods & Other Populated Places in Allegheny County , PA. (more)
|Pittsburgh||299,226||County seat in Allegheny County, Pennsylvania, United States|
|Penn Hills||40,517||Home rule municipality of Pennsylvania|
|Municipality of Bethel Park||32,345||Home rule municipality of Pennsylvania|
|Bethel Park||32,118||Home rule municipality of Pennsylvania|
|Mount Lebanon||31,418||Municipality in Pennsylvania|
|Monroeville||28,176||City in Alabama, United States|
|Plum||26,993||Borough of Pennsylvania|
|Moon||25,204||Township in Allegheny County, Pennsylvania|
|Unity||21,600||Township in Westmoreland County, Pennsylvania, United States|
|Upper Saint Clair||19,896||Home rule municipality in Allegheny County|
|West Mifflin||19,588||Borough of Pennsylvania|
|McKeesport||18,927||City in Allegheny County, Pennsylvania, United States|
|Wilkinsburg||15,186||Borough of Pennsylvania|
|Franklin Park||14,883||Borough of Pennsylvania|
|Cecil||13,220||Township in Washington County, Pennsylvania|
|Elizabeth||11,494||Borough in Pennsylvania, United States|
Distance to Other Cities
Wilson distances to largest Pennsylvania cities