Wilson Mississippi County, Arkansas
Wilson: Human settlement in Mississippi County, Arkansas, United States of America
Wilson is a city located in the county of Mississippi in the U.S. state of Arkansas. Its population at the 2010 census was 903 and a population density of 324 people per km². After 10 years in 2020 city had an estimated population of 803 inhabitants.
The city was created 63 years ago in 1959.
Wilson Quick Facts
|Population :||803 (2020)|
|Country :||United States of America|
|State :||Arkansas (United States)|
|County :||Mississippi County|
|Phone Area Codes :||870|
|Area :||2.79 km2|
|Water as percent of area :||0.58%|
|Land as percent of area :||99.42%|
|Altitude :||240 feet / 73 meters|
|Establishment :||March 03, 1959 (63 years ago)|
|Time Zone :||America/Chicago|
|Local time :||12:13:26 (3rd October 2022)|
|Postal code :||72395|
|Density :||288 Pop. per km² as of 2020|
|Population growth :||-12.45% (2010-2020)|
Wilson is located at 35°34'5"N 90°2'31"W (35.5681400, -90.0420300).
According to census records, the population of Wilson decreased by 12.45% in 10 years.
|Estimated population as of July 1, 2019 :||6,638|
|Based on demographic estimates as of April 1, 2010 :||7,761|
|Based on demographic estimates as of 1 April 2010 :||-14.5%|
|April 1, 2020 Population :||6,976|
|April 1, 2010 Population :||7,757|
|People under 5 years old, percentage :||5.4%|
|People under 18 years old, percentage :||28.0%|
|People over 65 (%) :||15.0%|
|Female persons, % :||51.0%|
|White only, percent :||41.1%|
|Black or African American alone, percent :||51.3%|
|American Indian and Alaska Native only, % :||0.2%|
|Asians alone % :||0.6%|
|Only Native Hawaiians and Other Pacific Islanders, % :||0.0%|
|% of people who have participated in two or more races :||1.7%|
|% of Hispanic or Latino :||6.8%|
|White people, not Hispanic or Latino people, make up the majority of the population. :||39.6%|
|2015-2019 Veterans :||223|
|Percentage of foreign-born people, 2015-2019 :||3.4%|
|Rate of owner-occupied housing units, 2015-2019 :||44.1%|
|Rate of owner-occupied housing units, 2015-2019 :||44.1%|
|Owner-occupied housing unit median value, 2015-2019 :||$81,200|
|From 2015 to 2019, the median selected monthly owner costs - with a mortgage :||$909|
|Monthly owner costs, without a mortgage, at the median, 2015-2019 :||$423|
|2015-2019 median gross rent :||$640|
|2015-2019 Households :||2,750|
|Population per household, 2015-2019 :||2.41|
|Living in the same house a year ago, percentage of people aged one year and up, 2015-2019 :||75.2%|
|Languages other than English spoken at home, as a percentage of people aged 5 and up, 2015-2019 :||5.6%|
|Households with computers, %, 2015-2019 :||77.4%|
|Percentage of households with a broadband Internet subscription, 2015-2019 :||64.3%|
|Percentage of people aged 25 and up with a high school diploma or higher, 2015-2019 :||78.0%|
|Bachelor's degree or higher, proportion of people aged 25 and up, 2015-2019 :||11.7%|
|Percentage of people under the age of 65 who have a disability, 2015-2019 :||15.8%|
|Persons under the age of 65 who do not have health insurance, as a percentage :||8.6%|
|Total civilian labor force, percent of population aged 16 and up, 2015-2019 :||61.4%|
|Female labor force participation in the civilian labor force, as a percentage of the population aged 16 and up, 2015-2019 :||56.2%|
|Total sales of lodging and food services in 2012 ($1,000) :||9,558|
|Total receipts/revenue for health care and social assistance in 2012 ($1,000) :||26,509|
|Manufacturers' total shipments in 2012 ($1,000) :||697,944|
|2012 total retail sales ($1,000) :||79,856|
|2012 total retail sales per capita :||$10,573|
|Mean commute time to work (in minutes), workers aged 16 and up, 2015-2019 :||11.8|
|2015-2019 median household income (in 2019 dollars) :||$31,436|
|Income per capita in the previous 12 months (in 2019 dollars), 2015-2019 :||$20,484|
|Percentage of people living in poverty :||27.5%|
|Total number of businesses in 2012 :||465|
|Men-owned businesses in 2012 :||186|
|Women-owned businesses in 2012 :||201|
|Minority-owned businesses in 2012 :||146|
|Non-minority-owned businesses in 2012 :||271|
|Veteran-owned businesses in 2012 :||27|
|Nonveteran-owned businesses in 2012 :||387|
|2010 population per square mile :||792.5|
|2010 land area in square miles :||9.79|
People born in Wilson (1)
American academic Charles N. Millican was born in Wilson
Schools in Wilson
College & universities near Wilson, AR
|219921||Tennessee College of Applied Technology-Covington||Covington (TN)||38019|
|107327||Arkansas Northeastern College||Blytheville (AR)||72316-1109|
|483744||Vibe Barber College||memphis (TN)||38107-2538|
|451538||Memphis Institute of Barbering||Memphis (TN)||38107|
|221351||Rhodes College||Memphis (TN)||38112-1690|
Amtrak & bus stations near Wilson, AR
|MEM||Central Station||Central Station||RAIL|
|NBN||Newbern–Dyersburg||108 Jefferson St||RAIL|
|WNR||Walnut Ridge||109 Southwest Front Street||RAIL|
Post offices near Wilson
|Post Office Name||City||ZIP|
|Wilson Post Office||Wilson (AR)||72395|
Other places with the same name (17)
- Wilson , North Carolina county seat of Wilson County, North Carolina, USA with a population of 49,643 people.
- Wilson , North Carolina city in and county seat of Wilson County, North Carolina with a population of 49,479 people.
- Wilson , Pennsylvania borough in Pennsylvania, United States of America with a population of 7,784 people.
- Wilson , Wisconsin village in St. Croix County, Wisconsin with a population of 3,353 people.
- Wilson , Michigan unincorporated community in Michigan with a population of 1,973 people.
- Wilson , Oklahoma town in Carter County, Oklahoma with a population of 1,730 people.
- Wilson , Oklahoma town in Carter County, Oklahoma with a population of 1,707 people.
- Wilson , Wyoming census-designated place (CDP) in Teton County, Wyoming, United States with a population of 1,482 people.
- Wilson , New York village in Niagara County, New York, United States with a population of 1,211 people.
- Wilson , Minnesota unincorporated community in Minnesota, United States with a population of 1,161 people.
- Wilson , Louisiana village in the Louisiana, United States with a population of 546 people.
- Wilson , Ohio village in Belmont and Monroe counties of Ohio with a population of 502 people.
- Wilson , Texas city in Lynn County, Texas, United States with a population of 493 people.
- Wilson , Illinois human settlement in United States of America with a population of 132 people.
- Wilson , Missouri township in Adair County, Missouri with a population of 110 people.
- Wilson , Kansas city in Ellsworth County, Kansas with a population of 91 people.
Other cities in Mississippi County
Cities, Towns, Neighborhoods & Other Populated Places in Mississippi County , AR.
|Blytheville||13,216||City in Arkansas, USA|
|Osceola||6,576||City in Mississippi County, Arkansas, United States|
|Manila||3,339||City in Arkansas, USA|
|Gosnell||3,066||City in Arkansas, USA|
|Leachville||1,843||City in Arkansas, USA|
|Luxora||1,007||City in Mississippi County, Arkansas, United States of America|
|Keiser||663||City in Arkansas, USA|
|Joiner||495||City in Arkansas, USA|
|Dyess||358||Township in Mississippi County, Arkansas|
|Etowah||312||Town in Mississippi County, Arkansas|
|Dell||184||Town in Mississippi County, Arkansas, United States|
|Burdette||165||Township in Mississippi County, Arkansas|
|Bassett||156||Human settlement in Mississippi County, Arkansas, United States of America|
|Marie||70||Town in Mississippi County, Arkansas, United States|