Wilson, North Carolina
Wilson: County seat of Wilson County, North Carolina, USA
Wilson is a place located in the county of Wilson in the U.S. state of North Carolina.
Wilson is a great place to live and work. It's one of the fastest growing cities in North Carolina, with a population of just over 50,000 people. The cost of living is about 8% lower than the national average. The city has recently been named one of the best places to retire in America, as well as one of the safest cities in North Carolina.
The city has a great downtown area with lots of restaurants and shopping options, including an outlet mall and several big-box stores. There are also several parks and recreation areas within walking distance from downtown or close by on public transportation routes.
It is the birthplace of actor James Earl Jones and former football player Joe Namath.
If you're looking for something fun to do on your next trip to Wilson, check out their annual Christmas parade or visit one of their museums like the Museum of Aviation or the International Civil Rights Museum at Black History Museum & Cultural Center.
Quick Facts about Wilson
|Country :||United States of America|
|State :||North Carolina (United States)|
|County :||Wilson County|
|Different from :||Wilson County|
|Postal code :||27893–27896|
|Phone Area Codes :||252|
|Official name :||City of Wilson|
|Water as percent of area :||2.86%|
|Land as percent of area :||97.14%|
|Continent :||North America|
|Named for :||Louis Dicken Wilson|
|Altitude :||108 feet / 33 meters|
|Capital city :||Wilson is capital of Wilson County|
|Establishment :||January 01, 1849 (174 years ago)|
|Time Zone :||America/New_York|
|Local time :||21:25:05 (28th September 2023)|
|Weather :||72℉ Cloudy 7-days weather|
Other places with the same name (17)
- Wilson , North Carolina The most populous city in Wilson County, North Carolina. It is located on the Neuse River in eastern North Carolina. Wilson is known for its many parks and green spaces, its many historical sites, and its many attractions, such as the Wilson Historical Society and the Wilson Arts Center. with a population of 49,479 people.
- Wilson , Pennsylvania borough in Pennsylvania, United States of America with a population of 7,784 people.
- Wilson , Wisconsin village in St. Croix County, Wisconsin with a population of 3,353 people.
- Wilson , Michigan unincorporated community in Michigan with a population of 1,973 people.
- Wilson , Oklahoma town in Carter County, Oklahoma with a population of 1,730 people.
- Wilson , Oklahoma town in Carter County, Oklahoma with a population of 1,707 people.
- Wilson , Wyoming census-designated place (CDP) in Teton County, Wyoming, United States with a population of 1,482 people.
- Wilson , New York village in Niagara County, New York, United States with a population of 1,211 people.
- Wilson , Minnesota unincorporated community in Minnesota, United States with a population of 1,161 people.
- Wilson , Arkansas human settlement in Mississippi County, Arkansas, United States of America with a population of 803 people.
- Wilson , Louisiana village in the Louisiana, United States with a population of 546 people.
- Wilson , Ohio village in Belmont and Monroe counties of Ohio with a population of 502 people.
- Wilson , Texas city in Lynn County, Texas, United States with a population of 493 people.
- Wilson , Illinois human settlement in United States of America with a population of 132 people.
- Wilson , Missouri township in Adair County, Missouri with a population of 110 people.
- Wilson , Kansas city in Ellsworth County, Kansas with a population of 91 people.
Other cities in Wilson County
Cities, towns, neighborhoods & other populated places in Wilson County , NC.
|Elm City||1,296||City in Wilson County, North Carolina, United States of America|
|Lucama||1,155||Town in Wilson County, North Carolina, United States|
|Stantonsburg||780||Township in Wilson County, North Carolina|
|Black Creek||767||Human settlement in Wilson County, North Carolina, United States of America|
|Saratoga||408||Town of the United States, North Carolina|
|Sims||286||Human settlement in Wilson County, North Carolina, United States of America|
Distance to Other Cities
Wilson distances to largest North Carolina cities