Monroe, Snohomish County, Washington
Monroe: City in Snohomish County, Washington, United States
Monroe is a city located in the county of Snohomish in the U.S. state of Washington. Its population at the 2010 census was 17,304. After 10 years in 2020 city had an estimated population of 20,681 inhabitants.
The city was created 120 years ago in 1902.
Quick Facts about Monroe
|Population :||20,681 (2020)|
|Country :||United States of America|
|State :||Washington (United States)|
|County :||Snohomish County|
|Postal code :||98272|
|Phone Area Codes :||360|
|Water as percent of area :||0.99%|
|Land as percent of area :||99.01%|
|Altitude :||236 feet / 72, 22 meters|
|Establishment :||January 01, 1903 (120 years ago)|
|Time Zone :||UTC−08:00, UTC−07:00, Pacific Time Zone|
|Local time :||15:53:10 (31st May 2023)|
|Population growth :||16.33% (2010-2020)|
Monroe is located at 47°51'19"N 121°58'15"W (47.8553800, -121.9709600).
- Official Website
Official website of Monroe
The population of Monroe increased by 16.33% in 10 years.
|Estimated population as of July 1, 2019 :||14,177|
|Based on demographic estimates as of April 1, 2010 :||13,586|
|Based on demographic estimates as of 1 April 2010 :||4.4%|
|April 1, 2020 Population :||13,672|
|April 1, 2010 Population :||13,586|
|People under 5 years old, percentage :||10.0%|
|People under 18 years old, percentage :||36.8%|
|People over 65 (%) :||7.4%|
|Female persons, % :||50.9%|
|White only, percent :||5.4%|
|Black or African American alone, percent :||0.4%|
|American Indian and Alaska Native only, % :||92.4%|
|Asians alone % :||0.1%|
|Only Native Hawaiians and Other Pacific Islanders, % :||0.1%|
|% of people who have participated in two or more races :||1.7%|
|% of Hispanic or Latino :||4.1%|
|White people, not Hispanic or Latino people, make up the majority of the population. :||4.7%|
|2015-2019 Veterans :||493|
|Percentage of foreign-born people, 2015-2019 :||0.3%|
|Residential units, July 1, 2019 :||3,657|
|Residential units, July 1, 2019 :||3,657|
|Rate of owner-occupied housing units, 2015-2019 :||50.2%|
|Owner-occupied housing unit median value, 2015-2019 :||$27,400|
|From 2015 to 2019, the median selected monthly owner costs - with a mortgage :||$750|
|Monthly owner costs, without a mortgage, at the median, 2015-2019 :||$376|
|2015-2019 median gross rent :||$514|
|Permits for construction, 2020 :||NA|
|2015-2019 Households :||2,729|
|Population per household, 2015-2019 :||5.14|
|Living in the same house a year ago, percentage of people aged one year and up, 2015-2019 :||95.6%|
|Languages other than English spoken at home, as a percentage of people aged 5 and up, 2015-2019 :||23.4%|
|Households with computers, %, 2015-2019 :||58.7%|
|Percentage of households with a broadband Internet subscription, 2015-2019 :||45.2%|
|Percentage of people aged 25 and up with a high school diploma or higher, 2015-2019 :||73.9%|
|Bachelor's degree or higher, proportion of people aged 25 and up, 2015-2019 :||10.4%|
|Percentage of people under the age of 65 who have a disability, 2015-2019 :||12.6%|
|Persons under the age of 65 who do not have health insurance, as a percentage :||17.1%|
|Total civilian labor force, percent of population aged 16 and up, 2015-2019 :||45.1%|
|Female labor force participation in the civilian labor force, as a percentage of the population aged 16 and up, 2015-2019 :||39.9%|
|Total sales of lodging and food services in 2012 ($1,000) :||20,332|
|Total receipts/revenue for health care and social assistance in 2012 ($1,000) :||30,265|
|2012 total retail sales ($1,000) :||51,395|
|2012 total retail sales per capita :||$3,656|
|Mean commute time to work (in minutes), workers aged 16 and up, 2015-2019 :||17.9|
|2015-2019 median household income (in 2019 dollars) :||$31,997|
|Income per capita in the previous 12 months (in 2019 dollars), 2015-2019 :||$10,388|
|Percentage of people living in poverty :||40.1%|
|Total number of employer establishments, 2019 :||70|
|2019 total employment :||1,931|
|2019 total annual payroll ($1,000) :||68,033|
|Total employment, change in percentage terms, 2018-2019 :||-0.8%|
|2018 total non-employer establishments :||343|
|Total number of businesses in 2012 :||434|
|Men-owned businesses in 2012 :||170|
|Women-owned businesses in 2012 :||219|
|Minority-owned businesses in 2012 :||351|
|Non-minority-owned businesses in 2012 :||56|
|Veteran-owned businesses in 2012 :||64|
|Nonveteran-owned businesses in 2012 :||340|
|2010 population per square mile :||6.5|
|2010 land area in square miles :||2,093.90|
People born in Monroe (8)
People born in Monroe, including artist Chuck Close, academic Arthur H. Livermore, soccer player Ben Dragavon, .
- Eric Holmback (American professional wrestler (1924-1965)) he was born in 16/04/1924
- Vicki Walker (American politician) she was born in 29/05/1956
- Anthony Curcio (former criminal) he was born in 01/09/1980
- Blye Pagon Faust (American jurist, film producer and actor) she was born in 28/12/1975
- Raymond K. Shepardson (Theatre restoration specialist) he was born in 13/01/1944
Schools in Monroe
College & universities near Monroe, WA
|484303||Montessori Education Institute of the Pacific Northwest||Bothell (WA)||98011-8005|
Amtrak & bus stations near Monroe, WA
|MEE||Monroe (Eastbound), WA||19746 US Highway 2||BUS|
|MEW||Monroe, Washington||118 North Lewis St., Suite 112||BUS|
|EVR||Everett Station||3201 Smith Ave.||RAIL|
|EDM||Edmonds station||211 Railroad Ave.||RAIL|
|SVF||Seattle (Ferry - Pier 69), Washington||2701 Alaskan Way||OTHER|
Post offices near Monroe
|Post Office Name||City||ZIP|
|Monr Post Office||Monroe (WA)||98272|
Other places with the same name (19)
- Monroe , Louisiana parish seat of Ouachita Parish, Louisiana, United States with a population of 46,998 people.
- Monroe , New Jersey township in Gloucester County, New Jersey with a population of 44,884 people.
- Monroe , North Carolina city in and county seat of Union County, North Carolina, United States with a population of 35,668 people.
- Monroe , Connecticut town in Fairfield County, Connecticut, United States with a population of 19,328 people.
- Monroe , Ohio city in Ohio, United States with a population of 14,183 people.
- Monroe , Georgia city in and the county seat of Walton County, Georgia, United States of America with a population of 13,979 people.
- Monroe , New York town in New York, United States with a population of 9,351 people.
- Monroe , Utah city in Sevier County, Utah, United States with a population of 2,383 people.
- Monroe , Iowa city in Jasper County, Iowa, United States with a population of 1,905 people.
- Monroe , Wisconsin city in and the county seat of Green County, Wisconsin, United States with a population of 1,236 people.
- Monroe , Maine town in Waldo County, Maine, United States with a population of 948 people.
- Monroe , Indiana civil town in Adams County, Wisconsin, United States with a population of 882 people.
- Monroe , New Hampshire town in New Hampshire, United States with a population of 807 people.
- Monroe , Oregon city in Oregon, USA with a population of 657 people.
- Monroe , Pennsylvania borough in Bradford County, Pennsylvania, United States with a population of 511 people.
- Monroe , Michigan city in and county seat of Monroe County, Michigan, United States with a population of 326 people.
- Monroe , Nebraska township in Platte County, Nebraska with a population of 273 people.
- Monroe , South Dakota town in South Dakota, United States of America with a population of 186 people.
Other cities in Snohomish County
Cities, Towns, Neighborhoods & Other Populated Places in Snohomish County , WA. (more)
|Everett||112,482||City in Washington, United States of America|
|Marysville||71,392||City in California|
|Edmonds||42,515||City in Snohomish County, Washington, United States|
|Lynnwood||39,042||City in Snohomish County, Washington, United States|
|Lake Stevens||34,794||City in Snohomish County, Washington, United States|
|North Creek||26,410||Census-designated place in Warren County, New York|
|Mukilteo||21,351||Waterfront city in Snohomish County, Washington, United States|
|Mountlake Terrace||21,315||City in Snohomish County, Washington, United States|
|Arlington||21,068||City in northern Snohomish County, Washington, United States|
|West Lake Stevens||21,047||City in Snohomish County, Washington, United States of America|
|Mill Creek||20,802||City in Snohomish County, Washington, USA|
|Martha Lake||15,473||Census designated place|
|Maltby||10,830||Census designated place|
|Snohomish||10,362||City in Snohomish County, Washington, United States|
|Alderwood Manor||8,442||Census designated place|
|Stanwood||7,571||City in Washington|
Distance to Other Cities
Monroe distances to largest Washington cities