Buffalo: City of Kansas, United States
Buffalo is a city located in the county of Wilson in the U.S. state of Kansas. Its population at the 2010 census was 232 and a population density of 269 people per km². After 10 years in 2020 city had an estimated population of 205 inhabitants.
Quick Facts about Buffalo
|Population :||205 (2020)|
|Country :||United States of America|
|State :||Kansas (United States)|
|County :||Wilson County|
|Postal code :||66717|
|Area :||0.86 km2|
|Altitude :||935 feet / 285 meters|
|Time Zone :||America/Chicago|
|Local time :||07:43:46 (1st October 2023)|
|Density :||238 Pop. per km² as of 2020|
|Population growth :||-13.17% (2010-2020)|
|Weather :||64℉ Partly Cloudy 7-days weather|
Buffalo is located at 37°42'35"N 95°41'51"W (37.7097700, -95.6974800).
Buffalo forecast: Partly cloudy, with a low around 64. South southeast wind around 8 mph. more
According to census records, the population of Buffalo decreased by 13.17% in 10 years.
|Estimated population as of July 1, 2019 :||8,265|
|Based on demographic estimates as of April 1, 2010 :||8,511|
|Based on demographic estimates as of 1 April 2010 :||-2.9%|
|April 1, 2020 Population :||8,440|
|April 1, 2010 Population :||8,508|
|People under 5 years old, percentage :||5.8%|
|People under 18 years old, percentage :||22.2%|
|People over 65 (%) :||20.6%|
|Female persons, % :||50.4%|
|White only, percent :||97.4%|
|Black or African American alone, percent :||0.4%|
|American Indian and Alaska Native only, % :||0.3%|
|Asians alone % :||0.6%|
|Only Native Hawaiians and Other Pacific Islanders, % :||0.1%|
|% of people who have participated in two or more races :||1.2%|
|% of Hispanic or Latino :||2.2%|
|White people, not Hispanic or Latino people, make up the majority of the population. :||95.3%|
|2015-2019 Veterans :||622|
|Percentage of foreign-born people, 2015-2019 :||0.8%|
|Residential units, July 1, 2019 :||3,779|
|Residential units, July 1, 2019 :||3,779|
|Rate of owner-occupied housing units, 2015-2019 :||83.9%|
|Owner-occupied housing unit median value, 2015-2019 :||$122,100|
|From 2015 to 2019, the median selected monthly owner costs - with a mortgage :||$1,035|
|Monthly owner costs, without a mortgage, at the median, 2015-2019 :||$377|
|2015-2019 median gross rent :||$740|
|Permits for construction, 2020 :||31|
|2015-2019 Households :||3,357|
|Population per household, 2015-2019 :||2.43|
|Living in the same house a year ago, percentage of people aged one year and up, 2015-2019 :||88.8%|
|Languages other than English spoken at home, as a percentage of people aged 5 and up, 2015-2019 :||0.8%|
|Households with computers, %, 2015-2019 :||90.1%|
|Percentage of households with a broadband Internet subscription, 2015-2019 :||82.0%|
|Percentage of people aged 25 and up with a high school diploma or higher, 2015-2019 :||92.0%|
|Bachelor's degree or higher, proportion of people aged 25 and up, 2015-2019 :||19.4%|
|Percentage of people under the age of 65 who have a disability, 2015-2019 :||9.3%|
|Persons under the age of 65 who do not have health insurance, as a percentage :||8.3%|
|Total civilian labor force, percent of population aged 16 and up, 2015-2019 :||63.0%|
|Female labor force participation in the civilian labor force, as a percentage of the population aged 16 and up, 2015-2019 :||55.7%|
|Manufacturers' total shipments in 2012 ($1,000) :||165,333|
|2012 total retail sales ($1,000) :||22,102|
|2012 total retail sales per capita :||$2,649|
|Mean commute time to work (in minutes), workers aged 16 and up, 2015-2019 :||25.1|
|2015-2019 median household income (in 2019 dollars) :||$60,553|
|Income per capita in the previous 12 months (in 2019 dollars), 2015-2019 :||$31,104|
|Percentage of people living in poverty :||9.4%|
|Total number of employer establishments, 2019 :||129|
|2019 total employment :||1,612|
|2019 total annual payroll ($1,000) :||59,094|
|Total employment, change in percentage terms, 2018-2019 :||-2.7%|
|2018 total non-employer establishments :||504|
|Total number of businesses in 2012 :||498|
|Men-owned businesses in 2012 :||206|
|Women-owned businesses in 2012 :||204|
|Minority-owned businesses in 2012 :||F|
|Non-minority-owned businesses in 2012 :||471|
|Veteran-owned businesses in 2012 :||79|
|Nonveteran-owned businesses in 2012 :||390|
|2010 population per square mile :||23.3|
|2010 land area in square miles :||364.68|
Other Places in Buffalo
1 Buffalo City Office
212 Buffalo St, Buffalo, KS 66717 ➦ Show Map
☎ +16205378755 🔗 Url
People born in Buffalo (3)
Schools in Buffalo
College & universities near Buffalo, KS
|155566||Neosho County Community College||Chanute (KS)||66720|
Post offices near Buffalo
|Post Office Name||City||ZIP|
|Buffal Post Office||Buffalo (KS)||66717|
Other places with the same name (15)
- Buffalo , New York The second most populous city in New York. It is located on the eastern shore of Lake Erie. Buffalo is known for its chicken wings, its many parks and green spaces, and its many attractions, such as the Buffalo Zoo and the Albright-Knox Art Gallery. with a population of 254,479 people.
- Buffalo , Wyoming city in and county seat of Johnson County, Wyoming, United States with a population of 4,659 people.
- Buffalo , Missouri city in Dallas County, Missouri, United States with a population of 3,202 people.
- Buffalo , Pennsylvania township in northeastern Perry County, Pennsylvania with a population of 2,011 people.
- Buffalo , Texas city in Leon County, Texas with a population of 1,910 people.
- Buffalo , Minnesota city in Wright County, Minnesota, US with a population of 1,898 people.
- Buffalo , Texas city in Leon County, Texas with a population of 1,846 people.
- Buffalo , Oklahoma town in Oklahoma with a population of 1,265 people.
- Buffalo , West Virginia town in West Virginia, USA with a population of 1,263 people.
- Buffalo , Iowa city in Iowa with a population of 1,257 people.
- Buffalo , Ohio city in Ohio County, Indiana, United States of America with a population of 804 people.
- Buffalo , Illinois village in Sangamon County, Illinois, United States with a population of 431 people.
- Buffalo , North Dakota city in North Dakota with a population of 79 people.
- Buffalo , South Dakota town in and county seat of Harding County, South Dakota, United States with a population of 57 people.
Other cities in Wilson County
Cities, towns, neighborhoods & other populated places in Wilson County , KS.
|Fredonia||2,182||Town in the U.|
|Neodesha||504||City in Wilson County, Kansas, United States of America|
|Altoona||371||City in Wilson County, Kansas, United States|
|Guilford||150||Township in Wilson County, Kansas|
|Benedict||65||City in Kansas, United States|
|New Albany||50||Human settlement in Wilson County, Kansas, United States of America|
|Coyville||41||Human settlement in Wilson County, Kansas, United States of America|