Buffalo, Wilson County, Kansas
Buffalo: City of Kansas, United States
Buffalo is a city located in the county of Wilson in the U.S. state of Kansas. Its population at the 2010 census was 232 and a population density of 269 people per km². After 10 years in 2020 city had an estimated population of 205 inhabitants.
Quick Facts about Buffalo
|Population :||205 (2020)|
|Country :||United States of America|
|State :||Kansas (United States)|
|County :||Wilson County|
|Postal code :||66717|
|Area :||0.86 km2|
|Altitude :||935 feet / 285 meters|
|Time Zone :||America/Chicago|
|Local time :||07:03:19 (3rd December 2022)|
|Density :||238 Pop. per km² as of 2020|
|Population growth :||-13.17% (2010-2020)|
Buffalo is located at 37°42'35"N 95°41'51"W (37.7097700, -95.6974800).
According to census records, the population of Buffalo decreased by 13.17% in 10 years.
|Estimated population as of July 1, 2019 :||8,265|
|Based on demographic estimates as of April 1, 2010 :||8,511|
|Based on demographic estimates as of 1 April 2010 :||-2.9%|
|April 1, 2020 Population :||8,440|
|April 1, 2010 Population :||8,508|
|People under 5 years old, percentage :||5.8%|
|People under 18 years old, percentage :||22.2%|
|People over 65 (%) :||20.6%|
|Female persons, % :||50.4%|
|White only, percent :||97.4%|
|Black or African American alone, percent :||0.4%|
|American Indian and Alaska Native only, % :||0.3%|
|Asians alone % :||0.6%|
|Only Native Hawaiians and Other Pacific Islanders, % :||0.1%|
|% of people who have participated in two or more races :||1.2%|
|% of Hispanic or Latino :||2.2%|
|White people, not Hispanic or Latino people, make up the majority of the population. :||95.3%|
|2015-2019 Veterans :||622|
|Percentage of foreign-born people, 2015-2019 :||0.8%|
|Residential units, July 1, 2019 :||3,779|
|Residential units, July 1, 2019 :||3,779|
|Rate of owner-occupied housing units, 2015-2019 :||83.9%|
|Owner-occupied housing unit median value, 2015-2019 :||$122,100|
|From 2015 to 2019, the median selected monthly owner costs - with a mortgage :||$1,035|
|Monthly owner costs, without a mortgage, at the median, 2015-2019 :||$377|
|2015-2019 median gross rent :||$740|
|Permits for construction, 2020 :||31|
|2015-2019 Households :||3,357|
|Population per household, 2015-2019 :||2.43|
|Living in the same house a year ago, percentage of people aged one year and up, 2015-2019 :||88.8%|
|Languages other than English spoken at home, as a percentage of people aged 5 and up, 2015-2019 :||0.8%|
|Households with computers, %, 2015-2019 :||90.1%|
|Percentage of households with a broadband Internet subscription, 2015-2019 :||82.0%|
|Percentage of people aged 25 and up with a high school diploma or higher, 2015-2019 :||92.0%|
|Bachelor's degree or higher, proportion of people aged 25 and up, 2015-2019 :||19.4%|
|Percentage of people under the age of 65 who have a disability, 2015-2019 :||9.3%|
|Persons under the age of 65 who do not have health insurance, as a percentage :||8.3%|
|Total civilian labor force, percent of population aged 16 and up, 2015-2019 :||63.0%|
|Female labor force participation in the civilian labor force, as a percentage of the population aged 16 and up, 2015-2019 :||55.7%|
|Manufacturers' total shipments in 2012 ($1,000) :||165,333|
|2012 total retail sales ($1,000) :||22,102|
|2012 total retail sales per capita :||$2,649|
|Mean commute time to work (in minutes), workers aged 16 and up, 2015-2019 :||25.1|
|2015-2019 median household income (in 2019 dollars) :||$60,553|
|Income per capita in the previous 12 months (in 2019 dollars), 2015-2019 :||$31,104|
|Percentage of people living in poverty :||9.4%|
|Total number of employer establishments, 2019 :||129|
|2019 total employment :||1,612|
|2019 total annual payroll ($1,000) :||59,094|
|Total employment, change in percentage terms, 2018-2019 :||-2.7%|
|2018 total non-employer establishments :||504|
|Total number of businesses in 2012 :||498|
|Men-owned businesses in 2012 :||206|
|Women-owned businesses in 2012 :||204|
|Minority-owned businesses in 2012 :||F|
|Non-minority-owned businesses in 2012 :||471|
|Veteran-owned businesses in 2012 :||79|
|Nonveteran-owned businesses in 2012 :||390|
|2010 population per square mile :||23.3|
|2010 land area in square miles :||364.68|
Other Places in Buffalo
1 Buffalo City Office
212 Buffalo St, Buffalo, KS 66717 ➦ Show Map
☎ +16205378755 🔗 Url
People born in Buffalo (3)
Schools in Buffalo
College & universities near Buffalo, KS
|155566||Neosho County Community College||Chanute (KS)||66720|
Post offices near Buffalo
|Post Office Name||City||ZIP|
|Buffal Post Office||Buffalo (KS)||66717|
Other places with the same name (15)
- Buffalo , New York county seat city in Erie County, New York, USA with a population of 254,479 people.
- Buffalo , Wyoming city in and county seat of Johnson County, Wyoming, United States with a population of 4,659 people.
- Buffalo , Missouri city in Dallas County, Missouri, United States with a population of 3,202 people.
- Buffalo , Pennsylvania township in northeastern Perry County, Pennsylvania with a population of 2,011 people.
- Buffalo , Texas city in Leon County, Texas with a population of 1,910 people.
- Buffalo , Minnesota city in Wright County, Minnesota, US with a population of 1,898 people.
- Buffalo , Texas city in Leon County, Texas with a population of 1,846 people.
- Buffalo , Oklahoma town in Oklahoma with a population of 1,265 people.
- Buffalo , West Virginia town in West Virginia, USA with a population of 1,263 people.
- Buffalo , Iowa city in Iowa with a population of 1,257 people.
- Buffalo , Ohio city in Ohio County, Indiana, United States of America with a population of 804 people.
- Buffalo , Illinois village in Sangamon County, Illinois, United States with a population of 431 people.
- Buffalo , North Dakota city in North Dakota with a population of 79 people.
- Buffalo , South Dakota town in and county seat of Harding County, South Dakota, United States with a population of 57 people.
Other cities in Wilson County
Cities, Towns, Neighborhoods & Other Populated Places in Wilson County , KS.
|Fredonia||2,182||Town in the U.|
|Neodesha||504||City in Wilson County, Kansas, United States of America|
|Altoona||371||City in Wilson County, Kansas, United States|
|Guilford||150||Township in Wilson County, Kansas|
|Benedict||65||City in Kansas, United States|
|New Albany||50||Human settlement in Wilson County, Kansas, United States of America|
|Coyville||41||Human settlement in Wilson County, Kansas, United States of America|