Buffalo, Johnson County, Wyoming
Buffalo: City in and county seat of Johnson County, Wyoming, United States
Buffalo is a city located in the county of Johnson in the U.S. state of Wyoming. Its population at the 2010 census was 4,585 and a population density of 396 people per km². After 10 years in 2020 city had an estimated population of 4,659 inhabitants.
Quick Facts about Buffalo
|Population :||4,659 (2020)|
|Country :||United States of America|
|State :||Wyoming (United States)|
|County :||Johnson County|
|Postal code :||82834, 82840|
|Phone Area Codes :||307|
|Area :||11.59 km2|
|Altitude :||4,646 feet / 1416 meters|
|Capital city :||Buffalo is capital of Johnson County|
|Time Zone :||America/Denver|
|Local time :||04:21:45 (3rd December 2022)|
|Density :||402 Pop. per km² as of 2020|
|Population growth :||1.59% (2010-2020)|
Buffalo is located at 44°20'54"N 106°41'56"W (44.3483100, -106.6989400).
The population of Buffalo increased by 1.59% in 10 years.
|Estimated population as of July 1, 2019 :||61,450|
|Based on demographic estimates as of April 1, 2010 :||58,750|
|Based on demographic estimates as of 1 April 2010 :||4.6%|
|April 1, 2020 Population :||63,380|
|April 1, 2010 Population :||62,139|
|People under 5 years old, percentage :||6.6%|
|People under 18 years old, percentage :||22.3%|
|People over 65 (%) :||15.5%|
|Female persons, % :||50.1%|
|White only, percent :||86.3%|
|Black or African American alone, percent :||2.0%|
|American Indian and Alaska Native only, % :||0.7%|
|Asians alone % :||4.5%|
|Only Native Hawaiians and Other Pacific Islanders, % :||0.6%|
|% of people who have participated in two or more races :||2.3%|
|% of Hispanic or Latino :||10.1%|
|White people, not Hispanic or Latino people, make up the majority of the population. :||80.3%|
|2015-2019 Veterans :||2,182|
|Percentage of foreign-born people, 2015-2019 :||11.4%|
|Rate of owner-occupied housing units, 2015-2019 :||60.6%|
|Rate of owner-occupied housing units, 2015-2019 :||60.6%|
|Owner-occupied housing unit median value, 2015-2019 :||$366,100|
|From 2015 to 2019, the median selected monthly owner costs - with a mortgage :||$1,699|
|Monthly owner costs, without a mortgage, at the median, 2015-2019 :||$488|
|2015-2019 median gross rent :||$1,120|
|2015-2019 Households :||24,000|
|Population per household, 2015-2019 :||2.49|
|Living in the same house a year ago, percentage of people aged one year and up, 2015-2019 :||82.4%|
|Languages other than English spoken at home, as a percentage of people aged 5 and up, 2015-2019 :||16.9%|
|Households with computers, %, 2015-2019 :||94.1%|
|Percentage of households with a broadband Internet subscription, 2015-2019 :||87.4%|
|Percentage of people aged 25 and up with a high school diploma or higher, 2015-2019 :||94.9%|
|Bachelor's degree or higher, proportion of people aged 25 and up, 2015-2019 :||50.6%|
|Percentage of people under the age of 65 who have a disability, 2015-2019 :||6.8%|
|Persons under the age of 65 who do not have health insurance, as a percentage :||9.2%|
|Total civilian labor force, percent of population aged 16 and up, 2015-2019 :||69.0%|
|Female labor force participation in the civilian labor force, as a percentage of the population aged 16 and up, 2015-2019 :||62.3%|
|Total sales of lodging and food services in 2012 ($1,000) :||56,687|
|Total receipts/revenue for health care and social assistance in 2012 ($1,000) :||744,231|
|2012 total retail sales ($1,000) :||683,606|
|2012 total retail sales per capita :||NA|
|Mean commute time to work (in minutes), workers aged 16 and up, 2015-2019 :||20.2|
|2015-2019 median household income (in 2019 dollars) :||$72,134|
|Income per capita in the previous 12 months (in 2019 dollars), 2015-2019 :||$40,611|
|Percentage of people living in poverty :||8.5%|
|Total number of businesses in 2012 :||6,991|
|Men-owned businesses in 2012 :||3,671|
|Women-owned businesses in 2012 :||2,384|
|Minority-owned businesses in 2012 :||611|
|Non-minority-owned businesses in 2012 :||6,112|
|Veteran-owned businesses in 2012 :||546|
|Nonveteran-owned businesses in 2012 :||6,133|
|2010 population per square mile :||4,551.6|
|2010 land area in square miles :||13.65|
People born in Buffalo (7)
Schools in Buffalo
College & universities near Buffalo, WY
|240666||Northern Wyoming Community College District||Sheridan (WY)||82801|
Post offices near Buffalo
|Post Office Name||City||ZIP|
|Buffal Post Office||Buffalo (WY)||82834|
Other places with the same name (15)
- Buffalo , New York county seat city in Erie County, New York, USA with a population of 254,479 people.
- Buffalo , Missouri city in Dallas County, Missouri, United States with a population of 3,202 people.
- Buffalo , Pennsylvania township in northeastern Perry County, Pennsylvania with a population of 2,011 people.
- Buffalo , Texas city in Leon County, Texas with a population of 1,910 people.
- Buffalo , Minnesota city in Wright County, Minnesota, US with a population of 1,898 people.
- Buffalo , Texas city in Leon County, Texas with a population of 1,846 people.
- Buffalo , Oklahoma town in Oklahoma with a population of 1,265 people.
- Buffalo , West Virginia town in West Virginia, USA with a population of 1,263 people.
- Buffalo , Iowa city in Iowa with a population of 1,257 people.
- Buffalo , Ohio city in Ohio County, Indiana, United States of America with a population of 804 people.
- Buffalo , Illinois village in Sangamon County, Illinois, United States with a population of 431 people.
- Buffalo , Kansas city of Kansas, United States with a population of 205 people.
- Buffalo , North Dakota city in North Dakota with a population of 79 people.
- Buffalo , South Dakota town in and county seat of Harding County, South Dakota, United States with a population of 57 people.
Other cities in Johnson County
Cities, Towns, Neighborhoods & Other Populated Places in Johnson County , WY.
|Kaycee||289||Town of the United States|
Distance to Other Cities
Buffalo distances to largest Wyoming cities