Ashland, Clay County, Alabama
Ashland: County seat of Clay County, Alabama, USA
Ashland is a city located in the county of Clay in the U.S. state of Alabama. Its population at the 2010 census was 2,037. After 10 years in 2020 city had an estimated population of 1,872 inhabitants.
The city was created 156 years ago in 1866.
Quick Facts about Ashland
|Population :||1,872 (2020)|
|Country :||United States of America|
|State :||Alabama (United States)|
|County :||Clay County|
|Postal code :||36251|
|Phone Area Codes :||256|
|Water as percent of area :||0.45%|
|Land as percent of area :||99.55%|
|Altitude :||1,119 feet / 341, 341 meters|
|Capital city :||Ashland is capital of Clay County|
|Establishment :||January 01, 1867 (156 years ago)|
|Time Zone :||UTC−06:00|
|Local time :||09:03:55 (30th January 2023)|
|Population growth :||-8.81% (2010-2020)|
Ashland is located at 33°16'25"N 85°50'10"W (33.2737300, -85.8360700).
- Official Website
Official website of Ashland
According to census records, the population of Ashland decreased by 8.81% in 10 years.
|Estimated population as of July 1, 2019 :||73,309|
|Based on demographic estimates as of April 1, 2010 :||68,382|
|Based on demographic estimates as of 1 April 2010 :||7.2%|
|April 1, 2020 Population :||74,015|
|April 1, 2010 Population :||68,356|
|People under 5 years old, percentage :||6.5%|
|People under 18 years old, percentage :||25.4%|
|People over 65 (%) :||13.8%|
|Female persons, % :||50.9%|
|White only, percent :||89.8%|
|Black or African American alone, percent :||6.3%|
|American Indian and Alaska Native only, % :||0.7%|
|Asians alone % :||0.9%|
|Only Native Hawaiians and Other Pacific Islanders, % :||0.1%|
|% of people who have participated in two or more races :||2.1%|
|% of Hispanic or Latino :||4.6%|
|White people, not Hispanic or Latino people, make up the majority of the population. :||85.8%|
|2015-2019 Veterans :||6,686|
|Percentage of foreign-born people, 2015-2019 :||2.3%|
|Residential units, July 1, 2019 :||30,115|
|Residential units, July 1, 2019 :||30,115|
|Rate of owner-occupied housing units, 2015-2019 :||69.2%|
|Owner-occupied housing unit median value, 2015-2019 :||$142,500|
|From 2015 to 2019, the median selected monthly owner costs - with a mortgage :||$1,171|
|Monthly owner costs, without a mortgage, at the median, 2015-2019 :||$371|
|2015-2019 median gross rent :||$796|
|Permits for construction, 2020 :||405|
|2015-2019 Households :||26,895|
|Population per household, 2015-2019 :||2.67|
|Living in the same house a year ago, percentage of people aged one year and up, 2015-2019 :||88.3%|
|Languages other than English spoken at home, as a percentage of people aged 5 and up, 2015-2019 :||4.2%|
|Households with computers, %, 2015-2019 :||88.2%|
|Percentage of households with a broadband Internet subscription, 2015-2019 :||80.2%|
|Percentage of people aged 25 and up with a high school diploma or higher, 2015-2019 :||89.1%|
|Bachelor's degree or higher, proportion of people aged 25 and up, 2015-2019 :||20.6%|
|Percentage of people under the age of 65 who have a disability, 2015-2019 :||10.6%|
|Persons under the age of 65 who do not have health insurance, as a percentage :||8.3%|
|Total civilian labor force, percent of population aged 16 and up, 2015-2019 :||60.3%|
|Female labor force participation in the civilian labor force, as a percentage of the population aged 16 and up, 2015-2019 :||55.8%|
|Total sales of lodging and food services in 2012 ($1,000) :||59,963|
|Total receipts/revenue for health care and social assistance in 2012 ($1,000) :||78,539|
|Manufacturers' total shipments in 2012 ($1,000) :||628,542|
|2012 total retail sales ($1,000) :||613,431|
|2012 total retail sales per capita :||$8,784|
|Mean commute time to work (in minutes), workers aged 16 and up, 2015-2019 :||28.0|
|2015-2019 median household income (in 2019 dollars) :||$59,094|
|Income per capita in the previous 12 months (in 2019 dollars), 2015-2019 :||$27,293|
|Percentage of people living in poverty :||10.7%|
|Total number of employer establishments, 2019 :||1,056|
|2019 total employment :||11,619|
|2019 total annual payroll ($1,000) :||395,324|
|Total employment, change in percentage terms, 2018-2019 :||1.8%|
|2018 total non-employer establishments :||4,706|
|Total number of businesses in 2012 :||5,024|
|Men-owned businesses in 2012 :||2,835|
|Women-owned businesses in 2012 :||1,626|
|Minority-owned businesses in 2012 :||406|
|Non-minority-owned businesses in 2012 :||4,481|
|Veteran-owned businesses in 2012 :||482|
|Nonveteran-owned businesses in 2012 :||4,361|
|2010 population per square mile :||88.7|
|2010 land area in square miles :||770.73|
Best Things to Do in Ashland
1 Ashland City Park
327 1st St N, Ashland, AL 36251, United States ➦ Show Map
☎ +12563542121 🔗 Url
Other Places in Ashland
1 Ashland City Hall
83183 AL-9, Ashland, AL 36251 ➦ Show Map
☎ +12563542121 🔗 Url
Schools in Ashland
College & universities near Ashland, AL
|251260||Southern Union State Community College||Wadley (AL)||36276|
|102298||Talladega College||Talladega (AL)||35160|
|100760||Central Alabama Community College||Alexander City (AL)||35010|
Amtrak & bus stations near Ashland, AL
|ATN||Anniston||126 West 4th St||RAIL|
|BHM||Birmingham||1819 Morris Ave.||RAIL|
|MGM||Montgomery, AL||950 West South Boulevard||BUS|
Post offices near Ashland
|Post Office Name||City||ZIP|
|Ashland Post Office||Ashland (AL)||36251|
|Linevill Post Office||Lineville (AL)||36266|
|Cragford Post Office||Cragford (AL)||36255|
|Delta Post Office||Delta (AL)||36258|
|Munford Post Office||Munford (AL)||36268|
Other places with the same name (21)
- Ashland , California city in Boyd County, Kentucky, United States with a population of 21,925 people.
- Ashland , Oregon city in Jackson County, Oregon, United States with a population of 21,194 people.
- Ashland , Kentucky city in Boyd County, Kentucky, United States with a population of 20,070 people.
- Ashland , Ohio city in Ohio with a population of 19,973 people.
- Ashland , Massachusetts town in Middlesex County, Massachusetts, United States with a population of 17,887 people.
- Ashland , Virginia town in Virginia, United States with a population of 7,908 people.
- Ashland , Missouri city in Boone County, Missouri, United States with a population of 4,031 people.
- Ashland , Michigan township in Newaygo County, Michigan with a population of 2,775 people.
- Ashland , Nebraska city in Saunders County, Nebraska, United States with a population of 2,724 people.
- Ashland , Pennsylvania borough in northwestern Schuylkill county in the U.S. state of Pennsylvania with a population of 2,668 people.
- Ashland , New Hampshire town in New Hampshire with a population of 2,067 people.
- Ashland , Indiana unincorporated community in Henry County, Indiana with a population of 1,754 people.
- Ashland , Maine town of the United States with a population of 1,214 people.
- Ashland , Illinois village in Cass County, Illinois with a population of 1,169 people.
- Ashland , New York town in New York, United States with a population of 745 people.
- Ashland , Wisconsin civil town in Ashland County, Wisconsin with a population of 575 people.
- Ashland , Mississippi human settlement in Benton County, Mississippi, United States of America with a population of 514 people.
- Ashland , Louisiana village in the northernmost portion of Natchitoches Parish, Louisiana, United States with a population of 260 people.
- Ashland , Kansas county seat of Clark County, Kansas, United States with a population of 131 people.
- Ashland , Oklahoma human settlement in Pittsburg County, Oklahoma, United States of America with a population of 63 people.
Other cities in Clay County
Cities, Towns, Neighborhoods & Other Populated Places in Clay County , AL.
|Lineville||2,221||City in Alabama, United States|
Distance to Other Cities
Ashland distances to largest Alabama cities