Albion Edwards County, Illinois
Albion: City in and county seat of Edwards County, Illinois
Albion is a city located in the county of Edwards in the U.S. state of Illinois. Its population at the 2010 census was 1,988 and a population density of 349 people per km². After 10 years in 2020 city had an estimated population of 1,889 inhabitants.
The city was created 205 years ago in 1815.
Albion Quick Facts
|Population :||1,889 (2020)|
|Country :||United States of America|
|State :||Illinois (United States)|
|County :||Edwards County|
|Postal code :||62806|
|Phone Area Codes :||618|
|Area :||5.7 km2|
|Capital city :||Albion is capital of Edwards County|
|Establishment :||January 01, 1816 (205 years ago)|
|Time Zone :||UTC−06:00|
|Local time :||14:24:32 (28th November 2021)|
|Density :||332 Pop. per km² as of 2020|
|Population growth :||-5.24% (2010-2020)|
Albion is located at 38°22'39"N 88°3'22"W (38.3775500, -88.0561500).
According to census records, the population of Albion decreased by 5.24% in 10 years.
Local Places in Albion
People born in Albion (10)
People born in Albion, including journalist B. O. Flower, United States federal judge Christian Cecil Kohlsaat, clergyman and evangelist George Frederick Pentecost, you can see a list of people who born in Albion.
- Harold Huntley Bassett (United States Air Force general) he was born in 01/04/1907
- Morris Birkbeck Pell (American mathematician) he was born in 01/01/1827
- Paul William Brosman (American academic administrator) he was born in 09/11/1899
- Paul Earls Sabine (American physicist) he was born in 22/01/1879
- Jack Dunham (American psychologist) he was born in 24/08/1938
- Lucie Emma Root (American chemist) she was born in 07/01/1892
- Stella Mathews (nurse) she was born in 23/07/1868
Schools in Albion
College & universities near Albion, IL
|403487||Wabash Valley College||Mount Carmel (IL)||62863|
Amtrak & bus stations near Albion, IL
|EVN||Evansville, IN||119 Northwest 6th Street||BUS|
|MVI||Mt. Vernon, IL||102 Potomac Boulevard||BUS|
|EFG||Effingham||401 West National Ave.||RAIL|
|CEN||Centralia station||108 East Broadway||RAIL|
|MAI||Marion, IL||2100 West Main Street||BUS|
Post offices near Albion
|Post Office Name||City||ZIP|
|Albion Post Office||Albion (IL)||62806|
Other places with the same name (13)
- Albion , New York town in Orleans County, New York with a population of 5,744 people.
- Albion , Indiana town in Noble County, Indiana, USA with a population of 2,370 people.
- Albion , Indiana town in Noble County, Indiana, USA with a population of 2,325 people.
- Albion , Maine town in Kennebec County, Maine with a population of 2,124 people.
- Albion , Nebraska city in and county seat of Boone County, Nebraska with a population of 1,558 people.
- Albion , Pennsylvania borough in Erie County, Pennsylvania with a population of 1,445 people.
- Albion , Michigan city in Calhoun County, Michigan with a population of 1,099 people.
- Albion , Wisconsin civil town in Dane County, Wisconsin with a population of 691 people.
- Albion , Washington town in Whitman County, Washington with a population of 588 people.
- Albion , Iowa city in Marshall County, Iowa with a population of 493 people.
- Albion , Idaho city in Idaho, USA with a population of 276 people.
- Albion , Oklahoma town in Pushmataha County, Oklahoma with a population of 99 people.
Other cities in Edwards County
Cities, Towns, Neighborhoods & Other Populated Places in Edwards County , IL.
|Marion||17,417||City in and the county seat of Williamson County, Illinois, United States|
|Bennington||1,476||Unincorporated community in Illinois|
|West Salem||844||Village in the United States|
|Bone Gap||232||Human settlement in Illinois, United States of America|
|Browns||128||Village in Edwards County, Illinois, United States|
Distance to Other Cities
Albion distances to largest Illinois cities