Wyoming County, New York
Wyoming County: County in West Virginia, United States
Wyoming County is a county located in the U.S. state of New York. As of the 2010 census, the population was 42,155 and a population density of 84 people per km². After 10 years in 2020 county had an estimated population of 39,465 inhabitants. Its county seat is Pineville. The county was created 173 years ago in 1850.
Wyoming County sits on the western edge of New York state, south of Buffalo. It was originally part of Genesee County but split off in 1841. The county was aptly named after the Wyoming Valley of Pennsylvania due to its rugged beauty.
Early economies were based around lumber, milling, dairy farming, and railroad connections. Warsaw emerged as the official county seat.
Major Towns and Features
Some key towns and sites in Wyoming County include:
- Warsaw - The county seat along the Oatka Creek, home to government buildings and small businesses.
- Perry - Village located on Silver Lake and known for its annual Chautauqua Fest live music event.
- Letchworth State Park - Stunning park with waterfalls dubbed the "Grand Canyon of the East".
- Attica - Historic village near the Attica Correctional Facility, site of major prison riots.
Things to See and Do
Top attractions and activities in Wyoming County include:
- Hiking the scenic trails and taking in gorgeous views at Letchworth State Park.
- Exploring Perry's quaint downtown district, shops, and restaurants.
- Learning about local history at the Wyoming County Museum and Arts Center in Warsaw.
- Touring farms and wineries along the Lake Erie Wine Trail.
- Attending popular events like the National Warplane Museum Airshow in Geneseo.
Wyoming County offers natural splendor, small town charm, and plenty of ways to experience western New York's rich heritage.
Quick Facts about Wyoming County
|Population :||39,465 (2020)|
|Country :||United States of America|
|State :||New York (United States)|
|Different from :||Wyoming County, Wyoming County, Wyoming|
|Area :||502 km2|
|Water as percent of area :||0.5%|
|Land as percent of area :||99.5%|
|Named for :||plain|
|Altitude :||1,772 feet / 540 meters|
|Establishment :||January 01, 1850|
|Time Zone :||America/New_York|
|Local time :||07:52:37 (5th December 2023)|
|Density :||79 Pop. per km² as of 2020|
|Population growth :||-6.82% (2010-2020)|
|Weather :||32℉ Mostly Cloudy 7-days weather|
Wyoming County map
The largest city of Wyoming County is Attica with a population of 2,386. Other cities include, Covington population 1,192 and Gainesville population 216. See all Wyoming County cities & populated places.
Wyoming County Populated Places
Cities, towns, neighborhoods & other populated places in Wyoming County.
|Perry||3,457||Town in Wyoming County, New York|
|Bennington||3,190||Town in New York, United States|
|Warsaw||3,169||Town in New York|
|Castile||2,752||Town in New York, USA|
|Attica||2,386||Human settlement in Wyoming County, New York, United States of America|
|Sheldon||2,268||Town in New York, United States|
|Arcade||2,143||Town in Wyoming County, New York|
|Covington||1,192||Human settlement in Wyoming County, New York, United States of America|
|Eagle||1,153||Town in New York, United States|
|Pike||1,049||Census-designated place in Wyoming County, New York|
|Silver Springs||723||Village in Wyoming County, New York|
|Wyoming||415||Town in Wyoming County, New York|
|Gainesville||216||Human settlement in Wyoming County, New York, United States of America|
Wyoming County forecast: Mostly cloudy, with a high near 32. Northwest wind 3 to 9 mph. New rainfall amounts less than a tenth of an inch possible. more
- Official Website
Official website of Wyoming County
Wyoming County has 6 neighbours.
- Boone County county in West Virginia, United States
- McDowell County county in West Virginia, United States
- Logan County county in West Virginia, United States
- Mercer County county in West Virginia, United States
- Mingo County county in West Virginia, United States
- Raleigh County county in West Virginia, United States
According to census records, the population of Wyoming County decreased by 6.82% in 10 years.
People born in Wyoming County (1)
American politician Warren McGraw was born in Wyoming County
Other places with the same name (3)
New York Other Counties (more counties)
|New York City||8,398,748||The most populous city in the United States and the center of the New York metropolitan area.|
|Brooklyn||2,577,000||A borough of New York City.|
|Queens||2,339,150||The most populous borough of New York City.|
|Queens County||2,225,821||County in New York, United States|
|Manhattan||1,644,518||The most densely populated borough of New York City.|
|New York County||1,611,989||County in New York state, United States of America|
|Suffolk County||1,474,273||County in New York, United States|
|The Bronx||1,455,720||The fourth most populous borough of New York City.|
|Bronx County||1,401,142||Borough of New York City, United States|
|Nassau County||1,351,334||County in New York, United States|
|Westchester County||965,802||County in New York, United States.|
|Erie County||917,241||County in New York, United States|
|Hempstead||764,055||Town in Nassau County, New York|
|Monroe County||740,900||County in Florida, United States|
|Brookhaven||479,883||Town in Suffolk County, New York, United States|
|Richmond County||475,327||County in Georgia, United States|