Troy Pike County, Alabama
Troy: City in Pike County, Alabama, United States
Troy is a city located in the county of Pike in the U.S. state of Alabama. Its population at the 2010 census was 18,033. After 10 years in 2020 city had an estimated population of 18,762 inhabitants.
The city was created 184 years ago in 1837.
Troy Quick Facts
|Population :||18,762 (2020)|
|Country :||United States of America|
|State :||Alabama (United States)|
|County :||Pike County|
|Phone Area Codes :||334|
|Water as percent of area :||0.31%|
|Land as percent of area :||99.69%|
|Altitude :||541 feet / 165 meters|
|Capital city :||Troy is capital of Pike County|
|Establishment :||January 01, 1838 (184 years ago)|
|Time Zone :||America/Chicago|
|Local time :||16:33:40 (7th October 2022)|
|Postal code :||36079|
|Population growth :||3.89% (2010-2020)|
Troy is located at 31°48'32"N 85°58'12"W (31.8087700, -85.9699500).
- Official Website
Official website of Troy
The population of Troy increased by 3.89% in 10 years.
|Estimated population as of July 1, 2019 :||18,957|
|Based on demographic estimates as of April 1, 2010 :||18,192|
|Based on demographic estimates as of 1 April 2010 :||4.2%|
|April 1, 2020 Population :||17,727|
|April 1, 2010 Population :||18,033|
|People under 5 years old, percentage :||5.2%|
|People under 18 years old, percentage :||17.8%|
|People over 65 (%) :||12.0%|
|Female persons, % :||54.3%|
|White only, percent :||55.5%|
|Black or African American alone, percent :||38.5%|
|American Indian and Alaska Native only, % :||0.1%|
|Asians alone % :||3.6%|
|Only Native Hawaiians and Other Pacific Islanders, % :||0.0%|
|% of people who have participated in two or more races :||2.2%|
|% of Hispanic or Latino :||1.5%|
|White people, not Hispanic or Latino people, make up the majority of the population. :||54.5%|
|2015-2019 Veterans :||1,063|
|Percentage of foreign-born people, 2015-2019 :||5.8%|
|Rate of owner-occupied housing units, 2015-2019 :||49.2%|
|Rate of owner-occupied housing units, 2015-2019 :||49.2%|
|Owner-occupied housing unit median value, 2015-2019 :||$154,000|
|From 2015 to 2019, the median selected monthly owner costs - with a mortgage :||$1,194|
|Monthly owner costs, without a mortgage, at the median, 2015-2019 :||$360|
|2015-2019 median gross rent :||$687|
|2015-2019 Households :||6,853|
|Population per household, 2015-2019 :||2.52|
|Living in the same house a year ago, percentage of people aged one year and up, 2015-2019 :||78.3%|
|Languages other than English spoken at home, as a percentage of people aged 5 and up, 2015-2019 :||7.8%|
|Households with computers, %, 2015-2019 :||77.4%|
|Percentage of households with a broadband Internet subscription, 2015-2019 :||70.8%|
|Percentage of people aged 25 and up with a high school diploma or higher, 2015-2019 :||88.5%|
|Bachelor's degree or higher, proportion of people aged 25 and up, 2015-2019 :||30.2%|
|Percentage of people under the age of 65 who have a disability, 2015-2019 :||9.4%|
|Persons under the age of 65 who do not have health insurance, as a percentage :||10.8%|
|Total civilian labor force, percent of population aged 16 and up, 2015-2019 :||55.1%|
|Female labor force participation in the civilian labor force, as a percentage of the population aged 16 and up, 2015-2019 :||50.9%|
|Total receipts/revenue for health care and social assistance in 2012 ($1,000) :||85,304|
|Manufacturers' total shipments in 2012 ($1,000) :||508,668|
|2012 total retail sales ($1,000) :||279,090|
|2012 total retail sales per capita :||$15,281|
|Mean commute time to work (in minutes), workers aged 16 and up, 2015-2019 :||16.9|
|2015-2019 median household income (in 2019 dollars) :||$31,515|
|Income per capita in the previous 12 months (in 2019 dollars), 2015-2019 :||$22,411|
|Percentage of people living in poverty :||28.6%|
|Total number of businesses in 2012 :||1,416|
|Men-owned businesses in 2012 :||693|
|Women-owned businesses in 2012 :||509|
|Minority-owned businesses in 2012 :||469|
|Non-minority-owned businesses in 2012 :||799|
|Veteran-owned businesses in 2012 :||123|
|Nonveteran-owned businesses in 2012 :||1,135|
|2010 population per square mile :||652.7|
|2010 land area in square miles :||27.63|
Best Things to Do in Troy
1 Murphree Park
307 Murphree St, Troy, AL 36081, United States ➦ Show Map
☎ +13345664031 🔗 Url
2 Pioneer Museum of Alabama
248 US-231, Troy, AL 36081, United States ➦ Show Map
☎ +13345663597 🔗 Url
3 Downtown Square Troy, AL
Elm St, Troy, AL 36081, United States ➦ Show Map
☎ 🔗 Url
4 Johnson Center For the Arts
300 E Walnut St, Troy, AL 36081, United States ➦ Show Map
☎ +13346702287 🔗 Url
5 Troy Arboretum
101 Pell Ave, Troy, AL 36081, United States ➦ Show Map
☎ 🔗 Url
Where ot Eat in Troy
1 Waffle House
105 US-231, Troy, AL 36081, United States ➦ Show Map
☎ +13348076009 🔗 Url
Where to Stay in Troy
1 Courtyard by Marriott Troy
115 Troy Plaza Loop, Troy, AL 36081, United States ➦ Show Map
☎ +13345660540 🔗 Url
Other Places in Troy
1 Troy City Hall
306 E Academy St, Troy, AL 36081 ➦ Show Map
☎ +13345660177 🔗 Url
People born in Troy (17)
- Oliver C. Wiley (American politician (1851-1917)) he was born in 30/01/1851
- Jean Sasson (American writer) she was born in 04/07/1947
- Manuel H. Johnson (American economist) he was born in 10/02/1949
- Art Stringer (American football player) he was born in 30/01/1954
- Cornelius Griffin (Player of American football) he was born in 03/12/1976
- Gwen Bingham (American general) she was born in 01/01/1959
- J. Richard Blankenship (American diplomat) he was born in 02/09/1949
- Jesse Hill Ford (Novelist, short story writer) he was born in 28/12/1928
- Otis Griffin (American boxer) he was born in 22/08/1977
- Ronnie Quillian he was born in 27/11/1933
- James J. Reeves (American politician) he was born in 11/10/1938
- Early James he was born in 02/06/1993
- James Bray (American baseball player) he was born in 12/12/1898
- John Lewis (American politician and civil rights leader (1940-2020)) he was born in 21/02/1940
Schools in Troy
College & universities near Troy, AL
|102368||Troy University||Troy (AL)||36082-0001|
Amtrak & bus stations near Troy, AL
|MGM||Montgomery, AL||950 West South Boulevard||BUS|
Post offices near Troy
|Post Office Name||City||ZIP|
|Troy Post Office||Troy (AL)||36081|
Other places with the same name (22)
- Troy , Michigan city in Oakland County, Michigan, United States with a population of 83,589 people.
- Troy , Michigan county seat of Rensselaer County, New York, United States with a population of 83,280 people.
- Troy , New York county seat of Rensselaer County, New York, United States with a population of 48,804 people.
- Troy , Ohio city in Miami County, Ohio, United States with a population of 26,473 people.
- Troy , Missouri city in Lincoln County, Montana, USA with a population of 13,341 people.
- Troy , Illinois city in Madison County, Illinois, United States with a population of 10,399 people.
- Troy , North Carolina city in North Carolina, United States with a population of 3,293 people.
- Troy , Wisconsin township in Walworth County, Wisconsin with a population of 2,376 people.
- Troy , Texas city in Bell County, Texas with a population of 2,191 people.
- Troy , New Hampshire town in Cheshire County, New Hampshire, United States with a population of 2,117 people.
- Troy , Vermont town in Vermont, USA with a population of 1,519 people.
- Troy , Tennessee town in Tennessee, United States with a population of 1,328 people.
- Troy , Pennsylvania borough in Pennsylvania with a population of 1,229 people.
- Troy , Maine town in Waldo County, Maine, United States with a population of 1,053 people.
- Troy , Montana city in Lincoln County, Montana, USA with a population of 982 people.
- Troy , Idaho city in Latah County, Idaho, United States with a population of 895 people.
- Troy , Indiana town in Indiana, United States with a population of 403 people.
- Troy , Minnesota human settlement in United States of America with a population of 243 people.
- Troy , Kansas city in Kansas, United States with a population of 117 people.
- Troy , South Carolina town in South Carolina, United States with a population of 101 people.
- Troy , South Dakota human settlement in South Dakota, United States with a population of 59 people.
Other cities in Pike County
Cities, Towns, Neighborhoods & Other Populated Places in Pike County , AL.
|Brundidge||1,872||City in Pike County, Alabama, United States|
|Goshen||248||Town in Alabama, United States|
|Banks||168||Town in Pike County, Alabama, USA|
Distance to Other Cities
Troy distances to largest Alabama cities