Sullivan Moultrie County, Illinois
Sullivan: City in Illinois
Sullivan is a city located in the county of Moultrie in the U.S. state of Illinois. Its population at the 2010 census was 4,440 and a population density of 634 people per km². After 10 years in 2020 city had an estimated population of 4,400 inhabitants.
The city was created 177 years ago in 1844.
Sullivan Quick Facts
|Population :||4,400 (2020)|
|Country :||United States of America|
|State :||Illinois (United States)|
|County :||Moultrie County|
|Postal code :||61951|
|Phone Area Codes :||217|
|Area :||7 km2|
|Named for :||Sullivan's Island|
|Altitude :||673 feet / 205 meters|
|Capital city :||Sullivan is capital of Moultrie County|
|Establishment :||January 01, 1845 (177 years ago)|
|Time Zone :||America/Chicago|
|Local time :||12:06:26 (26th May 2022)|
|Density :||629 Pop. per km² as of 2020|
|Population growth :||-0.91% (2010-2020)|
Sullivan is located at 39°35'58"N 88°36'28"W (39.5994800, -88.6078400).
- Official Website
Official website of Sullivan
According to census records, the population of Sullivan decreased by 0.91% in 10 years.
People born in Sullivan (6)
Schools in Sullivan
College & universities near Sullivan, IL
|146506||Lake Land College||Mattoon (IL)||61938|
Amtrak & bus stations near Sullivan, IL
|MAT||Mattoon station||1718 Broadway Ave.||RAIL|
|EFG||Effingham||401 West National Ave.||RAIL|
|CHM||Illinois Terminal||45 East University Ave.||RAIL|
|RTL||Rantoul||West Sangamon and North Kentucky Aves.||RAIL|
|LCN||Lincoln||Broadway and North Chicago Sts.||RAIL|
Post offices near Sullivan
|Post Office Name||City||ZIP|
|Sullivan Post Office||Sullivan (IL)||61951|
Other places with the same name (9)
- Sullivan , New York city in Madison County, New York, United States of America with a population of 15,080 people.
- Sullivan , Missouri city in Missouri with a population of 7,117 people.
- Sullivan , Indiana city in the U.S. state of Indiana with a population of 4,089 people.
- Sullivan , Ohio township of Ohio with a population of 2,621 people.
- Sullivan , Michigan township in Muskegon County, Michigan with a population of 2,612 people.
- Sullivan , Wisconsin village in Jefferson County, Wisconsin with a population of 2,299 people.
- Sullivan , Maine town in Maine, United States with a population of 1,261 people.
- Sullivan , New Hampshire human settlement in Cheshire County, New Hampshire, United States of America with a population of 674 people.
Other cities in Moultrie County
Cities, Towns, Neighborhoods & Other Populated Places in Moultrie County , IL.
|Bruce||12,209||Unincorporated community in Illinois|
|Bethany||1,210||Village in Illinois, United States|
|Lovington||1,010||Township in Moultrie County, Illinois|
|Dalton City||494||Village in Illinois, USA|
|Gays||252||Village in Moultrie County, Illinois|
|Allenville||141||Human settlement in the United States of America|
Distance to Other Cities
Sullivan distances to largest Illinois cities