Sharon Abbeville County, South Carolina
Sharon: Human settlement in York County, South Carolina, United States of America
Sharon is a city located in the county of Abbeville in the U.S. state of South Carolina. Its population at the 2010 census was 494. After 10 years in 2020 city had an estimated population of 641 inhabitants.
Sharon Quick Facts
|Population :||641 (2020)|
|Country :||United States of America|
|State :||South Carolina (United States)|
|County :||Abbeville County|
|Postal code :||29742|
|Phone Area Codes :||803|
|Altitude :||653 feet / 199 meters|
|Time Zone :||America/New_York|
|Local time :||11:37:10 (26th May 2022)|
|Population growth :||22.93% (2010-2020)|
Sharon is located at 34°8'5"N 82°24'52"W (34.1348400, -82.4145700).
The population of Sharon increased by 22.93% in 10 years.
|Estimated population as of July 1, 2019 :||100,421|
|Based on demographic estimates as of April 1, 2010 :||76,660|
|Based on demographic estimates as of 1 April 2010 :||31.0%|
|April 1, 2020 Population :||99,178|
|April 1, 2010 Population :||76,639|
|People under 5 years old, percentage :||6.0%|
|People under 18 years old, percentage :||22.1%|
|People over 65 (%) :||16.7%|
|Female persons, % :||51.7%|
|White only, percent :||92.5%|
|Black or African American alone, percent :||0.6%|
|American Indian and Alaska Native only, % :||0.5%|
|Asians alone % :||1.8%|
|Only Native Hawaiians and Other Pacific Islanders, % :||0.0%|
|% of people who have participated in two or more races :||3.4%|
|% of Hispanic or Latino :||9.2%|
|White people, not Hispanic or Latino people, make up the majority of the population. :||85.5%|
|2015-2019 Veterans :||6,053|
|Percentage of foreign-born people, 2015-2019 :||5.1%|
|Rate of owner-occupied housing units, 2015-2019 :||60.0%|
|Rate of owner-occupied housing units, 2015-2019 :||60.0%|
|Owner-occupied housing unit median value, 2015-2019 :||$384,800|
|From 2015 to 2019, the median selected monthly owner costs - with a mortgage :||$1,790|
|Monthly owner costs, without a mortgage, at the median, 2015-2019 :||$543|
|2015-2019 median gross rent :||$1,276|
|2015-2019 Households :||38,312|
|Population per household, 2015-2019 :||2.44|
|Living in the same house a year ago, percentage of people aged one year and up, 2015-2019 :||80.2%|
|Languages other than English spoken at home, as a percentage of people aged 5 and up, 2015-2019 :||8.1%|
|Households with computers, %, 2015-2019 :||95.6%|
|Percentage of households with a broadband Internet subscription, 2015-2019 :||90.1%|
|Percentage of people aged 25 and up with a high school diploma or higher, 2015-2019 :||95.5%|
|Bachelor's degree or higher, proportion of people aged 25 and up, 2015-2019 :||44.0%|
|Percentage of people under the age of 65 who have a disability, 2015-2019 :||6.8%|
|Persons under the age of 65 who do not have health insurance, as a percentage :||9.5%|
|Total civilian labor force, percent of population aged 16 and up, 2015-2019 :||67.0%|
|Female labor force participation in the civilian labor force, as a percentage of the population aged 16 and up, 2015-2019 :||62.6%|
|Total sales of lodging and food services in 2012 ($1,000) :||255,066|
|Total receipts/revenue for health care and social assistance in 2012 ($1,000) :||944,291|
|Manufacturers' total shipments in 2012 ($1,000) :||524,193|
|2012 total retail sales ($1,000) :||1,741,901|
|2012 total retail sales per capita :||$22,019|
|Mean commute time to work (in minutes), workers aged 16 and up, 2015-2019 :||16.1|
|2015-2019 median household income (in 2019 dollars) :||$65,662|
|Income per capita in the previous 12 months (in 2019 dollars), 2015-2019 :||$37,130|
|Percentage of people living in poverty :||10.3%|
|Total number of businesses in 2012 :||11,690|
|Men-owned businesses in 2012 :||5,980|
|Women-owned businesses in 2012 :||3,986|
|Minority-owned businesses in 2012 :||729|
|Non-minority-owned businesses in 2012 :||10,421|
|Veteran-owned businesses in 2012 :||988|
|Nonveteran-owned businesses in 2012 :||9,975|
|2010 population per square mile :||2,322.0|
|2010 land area in square miles :||33.01|
Other Places in Sharon
1 Town Hall of Sharon
4025 Woodlawn St, Sharon, SC 29742 ➦ Show Map
☎ +18039271927 🔗 Url
Schools in Sharon
College & universities near Sharon, SC
|217998||Erskine College||Due West (SC)||29639|
Amtrak & bus stations near Sharon, SC
|CSN||Clemson||Calhoun Memorial Hwy and College Ave.||RAIL|
|GRV||Greenville||1120 West Washington Street||RAIL|
|TCA||Toccoa||47 North Alexander St.||RAIL|
|SPB||Spartanburg||290 Magnolia St||RAIL|
Post offices near Sharon
|Post Office Name||City||ZIP|
|Abbevill Post Office||Abbeville (SC)||29620|
Other places with the same name (15)
- Sharon , Massachusetts city in Massachusetts with a population of 18,864 people.
- Sharon , Ohio township in Noble County, Ohio with a population of 8,864 people.
- Sharon , Connecticut town in Litchfield County, Connecticut, United States with a population of 2,691 people.
- Sharon , Michigan township in Washtenaw County, Michigan with a population of 1,782 people.
- Sharon , New York town of the United States with a population of 1,772 people.
- Sharon , Vermont town in Windsor County, Vermont, United States with a population of 1,533 people.
- Sharon , Wisconsin township in Walworth County, Wisconsin with a population of 924 people.
- Sharon , Tennessee town in Weakley County, Tennessee, United States with a population of 907 people.
- Sharon , Pennsylvania city in Mercer County, Pennsylvania, United States with a population of 820 people.
- Sharon , New Hampshire human settlement in Hillsborough County, New Hampshire, United States of America with a population of 370 people.
- Sharon , Kansas city in Barber County, Kansas, United States with a population of 177 people.
- Sharon , Oklahoma town in Woodward County, Oklahoma, United States with a population of 131 people.
- Sharon , Georgia city in Taliaferro County, Georgia, United States with a population of 125 people.
- Sharon , North Dakota city in North Dakota, United States of America with a population of 45 people.
Other cities in Abbeville County
Cities, Towns, Neighborhoods & Other Populated Places in Abbeville County , SC.
|Abbeville||4,958||Town in Abbeville County, South Carolina, USA|
|Calhoun Falls||1,883||Town in Abbeville County, South Carolina, United States|
|Due West||1,198||City in Abbeville County, South Carolina, United States of America|
|Donalds||330||Human settlement in Abbeville County, South Carolina, United States of America|
|Lowndesville||119||Town in Abbeville County, South Carolina, United States|