Montgomery, Grant Parish, Louisiana
Montgomery: Town in Louisiana, United States
Montgomery is a town located in the county of Grant Parish in the U.S. state of Louisiana. Its population at the 2010 census was 730 and a population density of 353 people per km². After 10 years in 2020 city had an estimated population of 716 inhabitants.
Quick Facts about Montgomery
|Population :||716 (2020)|
|Country :||United States of America|
|State :||Louisiana (United States)|
|County :||Grant Parish|
|Postal code :||71454|
|Phone Area Codes :||318|
|Area :||2.07 km2|
|Altitude :||154 feet / 47 meters|
|Time Zone :||America/Chicago|
|Local time :||10:33:55 (4th February 2023)|
|Density :||346 Pop. per km² as of 2020|
|Population growth :||-1.96% (2010-2020)|
Montgomery is located at 31°40'3"N 92°53'27"W (31.6673900, -92.8907100).
According to census records, the population of Montgomery decreased by 1.96% in 10 years.
|Estimated population as of July 1, 2019 :||10,952|
|Based on demographic estimates as of April 1, 2010 :||11,247|
|Based on demographic estimates as of 1 April 2010 :||-2.6%|
|April 1, 2020 Population :||11,325|
|April 1, 2010 Population :||11,233|
|People under 5 years old, percentage :||6.3%|
|People under 18 years old, percentage :||23.0%|
|People over 65 (%) :||22.1%|
|Female persons, % :||52.6%|
|White only, percent :||95.5%|
|Black or African American alone, percent :||0.4%|
|American Indian and Alaska Native only, % :||0.0%|
|Asians alone % :||0.9%|
|Only Native Hawaiians and Other Pacific Islanders, % :||0.0%|
|% of people who have participated in two or more races :||2.6%|
|% of Hispanic or Latino :||3.0%|
|White people, not Hispanic or Latino people, make up the majority of the population. :||93.1%|
|2015-2019 Veterans :||767|
|Percentage of foreign-born people, 2015-2019 :||2.0%|
|Rate of owner-occupied housing units, 2015-2019 :||63.5%|
|Rate of owner-occupied housing units, 2015-2019 :||63.5%|
|Owner-occupied housing unit median value, 2015-2019 :||$128,800|
|From 2015 to 2019, the median selected monthly owner costs - with a mortgage :||$1,087|
|Monthly owner costs, without a mortgage, at the median, 2015-2019 :||$471|
|2015-2019 median gross rent :||$684|
|2015-2019 Households :||5,001|
|Population per household, 2015-2019 :||2.14|
|Living in the same house a year ago, percentage of people aged one year and up, 2015-2019 :||77.5%|
|Languages other than English spoken at home, as a percentage of people aged 5 and up, 2015-2019 :||3.2%|
|Households with computers, %, 2015-2019 :||89.6%|
|Percentage of households with a broadband Internet subscription, 2015-2019 :||81.8%|
|Percentage of people aged 25 and up with a high school diploma or higher, 2015-2019 :||95.3%|
|Bachelor's degree or higher, proportion of people aged 25 and up, 2015-2019 :||22.3%|
|Percentage of people under the age of 65 who have a disability, 2015-2019 :||10.5%|
|Persons under the age of 65 who do not have health insurance, as a percentage :||3.8%|
|Total civilian labor force, percent of population aged 16 and up, 2015-2019 :||62.0%|
|Female labor force participation in the civilian labor force, as a percentage of the population aged 16 and up, 2015-2019 :||53.0%|
|Total sales of lodging and food services in 2012 ($1,000) :||24,145|
|Total receipts/revenue for health care and social assistance in 2012 ($1,000) :||138,833|
|2012 total retail sales ($1,000) :||295,721|
|2012 total retail sales per capita :||$26,423|
|Mean commute time to work (in minutes), workers aged 16 and up, 2015-2019 :||15.4|
|2015-2019 median household income (in 2019 dollars) :||$46,545|
|Income per capita in the previous 12 months (in 2019 dollars), 2015-2019 :||$28,067|
|Percentage of people living in poverty :||12.1%|
|Total number of businesses in 2012 :||1,316|
|Men-owned businesses in 2012 :||670|
|Women-owned businesses in 2012 :||338|
|Minority-owned businesses in 2012 :||34|
|Non-minority-owned businesses in 2012 :||1,205|
|Veteran-owned businesses in 2012 :||103|
|Nonveteran-owned businesses in 2012 :||1,002|
|2010 population per square mile :||1,019.8|
|2010 land area in square miles :||11.01|
Schools in Montgomery
College & universities near Montgomery, LA
|160038||Northwestern State University of Louisiana||Natchitoches (LA)||71497-0002|
Post offices near Montgomery
|Post Office Name||City||ZIP|
|Montgomery Post Office||Montgomery (LA)||71454|
Other places with the same name (14)
- Montgomery , Alabama city in and county seat of Montgomery County, Alabama, United States and Alabama federated state capital with a population of 196,268 people.
- Montgomery , New Jersey township in Somerset County, New Jersey with a population of 23,094 people.
- Montgomery , Illinois village in Kane and Kendall counties, Illinois, USA with a population of 20,181 people.
- Montgomery , Ohio city in Hamilton County, Ohio, United States with a population of 10,888 people.
- Montgomery , New York town in Orange County, New York, United States of America with a population of 4,482 people.
- Montgomery , Texas city in and county seat of Montgomery County, Alabama, United States and Alabama federated state capital with a population of 1,639 people.
- Montgomery , Pennsylvania borough in Lycoming County, Pennsylvania with a population of 1,502 people.
- Montgomery , West Virginia city in West Virginia, United States of America with a population of 1,492 people.
- Montgomery , Vermont town in Franklin County, Vermont, United States with a population of 1,212 people.
- Montgomery , Massachusetts city in Hampden County, Massachusetts, United States of America with a population of 863 people.
- Montgomery , Indiana town in Barr Township, Daviess County, Indiana, United States with a population of 764 people.
- Montgomery , Minnesota city in Le Sueur County, Minnesota, United States with a population of 696 people.
- Montgomery , Michigan human settlement in Hillsdale County, Michigan, United States of America with a population of 329 people.
Other cities in Grant Parish
Cities, Towns, Neighborhoods & Other Populated Places in Grant Parish , LA.
|Colfax||1,431||Parish seat in Louisiana, United States.|
|Pollock||483||Suburb town of Alexandria, located in Grant Parish, Louisiana, United States|
|Dry Prong||430||Village in Louisiana|
|Creola||216||Suburb village of Alexandria, located in Grant Parish, Louisiana, United States.|