Midway is a town located in the county of Bullock in the U.S. state of Alabama. Its population at the 2010 census was 499. After 10 years in 2020 city had an estimated population of 457 inhabitants.
Quick Facts about Midway
|Population :||457 (2020)|
|Country :||United States of America|
|State :||Alabama (United States)|
|County :||Bullock County|
|Postal code :||36053|
|Phone Area Codes :||205|
|Water as percent of area :||0%|
|Land as percent of area :||100%|
|Altitude :||538 feet / 164 meters|
|Time Zone :||America/Chicago|
|Local time :||02:06:41 (6th December 2023)|
|Population growth :||-9.19% (2010-2020)|
|Weather :||36℉ Clear 7-days weather|
Midway is located at 32°4'38"N 85°31'20"W (32.0771000, -85.5221700).
Midway forecast: Clear, with a low around 36. Northwest wind around 10 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph. more
According to census records, the population of Midway decreased by 9.19% in 10 years.
|Estimated population as of July 1, 2019 :||31,974|
|Based on demographic estimates as of April 1, 2010 :||31,096|
|Based on demographic estimates as of 1 April 2010 :||2.8%|
|April 1, 2020 Population :||31,334|
|April 1, 2010 Population :||31,063|
|People under 5 years old, percentage :||4.9%|
|People under 18 years old, percentage :||20.4%|
|People over 65 (%) :||20.0%|
|Female persons, % :||51.8%|
|White only, percent :||73.8%|
|Black or African American alone, percent :||3.3%|
|American Indian and Alaska Native only, % :||0.7%|
|Asians alone % :||9.4%|
|Only Native Hawaiians and Other Pacific Islanders, % :||0.0%|
|% of people who have participated in two or more races :||5.7%|
|% of Hispanic or Latino :||36.1%|
|White people, not Hispanic or Latino people, make up the majority of the population. :||49.6%|
|2015-2019 Veterans :||1,762|
|Percentage of foreign-born people, 2015-2019 :||16.3%|
|Rate of owner-occupied housing units, 2015-2019 :||74.1%|
|Rate of owner-occupied housing units, 2015-2019 :||74.1%|
|Owner-occupied housing unit median value, 2015-2019 :||$588,300|
|From 2015 to 2019, the median selected monthly owner costs - with a mortgage :||$2,609|
|Monthly owner costs, without a mortgage, at the median, 2015-2019 :||$672|
|2015-2019 median gross rent :||$1,510|
|2015-2019 Households :||11,521|
|Population per household, 2015-2019 :||2.73|
|Living in the same house a year ago, percentage of people aged one year and up, 2015-2019 :||88.9%|
|Languages other than English spoken at home, as a percentage of people aged 5 and up, 2015-2019 :||23.7%|
|Households with computers, %, 2015-2019 :||94.7%|
|Percentage of households with a broadband Internet subscription, 2015-2019 :||88.4%|
|Percentage of people aged 25 and up with a high school diploma or higher, 2015-2019 :||91.7%|
|Bachelor's degree or higher, proportion of people aged 25 and up, 2015-2019 :||38.0%|
|Percentage of people under the age of 65 who have a disability, 2015-2019 :||8.6%|
|Persons under the age of 65 who do not have health insurance, as a percentage :||5.7%|
|Total civilian labor force, percent of population aged 16 and up, 2015-2019 :||59.8%|
|Female labor force participation in the civilian labor force, as a percentage of the population aged 16 and up, 2015-2019 :||53.3%|
|Total sales of lodging and food services in 2012 ($1,000) :||64,862|
|Total receipts/revenue for health care and social assistance in 2012 ($1,000) :||73,335|
|Manufacturers' total shipments in 2012 ($1,000) :||204,698|
|2012 total retail sales ($1,000) :||355,654|
|2012 total retail sales per capita :||$11,345|
|Mean commute time to work (in minutes), workers aged 16 and up, 2015-2019 :||33.2|
|2015-2019 median household income (in 2019 dollars) :||$88,131|
|Income per capita in the previous 12 months (in 2019 dollars), 2015-2019 :||$41,442|
|Percentage of people living in poverty :||7.8%|
|Total number of businesses in 2012 :||2,800|
|Men-owned businesses in 2012 :||1,262|
|Women-owned businesses in 2012 :||1,142|
|Minority-owned businesses in 2012 :||949|
|Non-minority-owned businesses in 2012 :||1,719|
|Veteran-owned businesses in 2012 :||145|
|Nonveteran-owned businesses in 2012 :||2,443|
|2010 population per square mile :||3,684.8|
|2010 land area in square miles :||8.43|
Schools in Midway
College & universities near Midway, AL
|102377||Tuskegee University||Tuskegee (AL)||36088-1920|
Amtrak & bus stations near Midway, AL
|MGM||Montgomery, AL||950 West South Boulevard||BUS|
Post offices near Midway
|Post Office Name||City||ZIP|
|Midway Post Office||Midway (AL)||36053|
Other places with the same name (15)
- Midway , Utah city in Woodford County, Kentucky, United States of America with a population of 5,465 people.
- Midway , North Carolina incorporated town in Davidson County with a population of 4,951 people.
- Midway , North Carolina incorporated town in Davidson County with a population of 4,742 people.
- Midway , Florida city in Florida, United States with a population of 2,956 people.
- Midway , Georgia city in Liberty County, Georgia, United States with a population of 2,015 people.
- Midway , Georgia city in Liberty County, Georgia, United States with a population of 2,007 people.
- Midway , Kentucky human settlement in Woodford County, Kentucky, United States of America with a population of 1,915 people.
- Midway , Minnesota unincorporated community in Becker County, Minnesota with a population of 1,416 people.
- Midway , Pennsylvania census-designated place in Adams County, Pennsylvania with a population of 869 people.
- Midway , North Dakota township in Stutsman County, North Dakota with a population of 559 people.
- Midway , Arkansas town in Hot Spring County, Arkansas, United States with a population of 400 people.
- Midway , Arkansas town in Hot Spring County, Arkansas, United States with a population of 389 people.
- Midway , Ohio human settlement in Madison County, Ohio, United States of America with a population of 326 people.
- Midway , Texas City in Cass County, Texas, United States with a population of 238 people.
Other cities in Bullock County
Cities, towns, neighborhoods & other populated places in Bullock County , AL.
|Union Springs||3,352||City in Alabama, United States of America|