Marshall Searcy County, Arkansas
Marshall: City in Searcy County, Arkansas, United States
Marshall is a city located in the county of Searcy in the U.S. state of Arkansas. Its population at the 2010 census was 1,355. After 10 years in 2020 city had an estimated population of 1,327 inhabitants.
The city was created 138 years ago in 1883.
Marshall Quick Facts
|Population :||1,327 (2020)|
|Country :||United States of America|
|State :||Arkansas (United States)|
|County :||Searcy County|
|Postal code :||72650|
|Phone Area Codes :||870|
|Water as percent of area :||0.29%|
|Land as percent of area :||99.71%|
|Altitude :||1,040 feet / 317 meters|
|Capital city :||Marshall is capital of Searcy County|
|Establishment :||January 01, 1884 (138 years ago)|
|Time Zone :||America/Chicago|
|Local time :||06:22:24 (17th May 2022)|
|Population growth :||-2.11% (2010-2020)|
Marshall is located at 35°54'32"N 92°37'53"W (35.9089600, -92.6312700).
According to census records, the population of Marshall decreased by 2.11% in 10 years.
|Estimated population as of July 1, 2019 :||13,934|
|Based on demographic estimates as of April 1, 2010 :||14,771|
|Based on demographic estimates as of 1 April 2010 :||-5.7%|
|April 1, 2020 Population :||14,711|
|April 1, 2010 Population :||14,791|
|People under 5 years old, percentage :||3.7%|
|People under 18 years old, percentage :||23.6%|
|People over 65 (%) :||18.1%|
|Female persons, % :||50.9%|
|White only, percent :||80.8%|
|Black or African American alone, percent :||3.3%|
|American Indian and Alaska Native only, % :||0.1%|
|Asians alone % :||1.2%|
|Only Native Hawaiians and Other Pacific Islanders, % :||0.0%|
|% of people who have participated in two or more races :||2.9%|
|% of Hispanic or Latino :||22.5%|
|White people, not Hispanic or Latino people, make up the majority of the population. :||73.1%|
|2015-2019 Veterans :||741|
|Percentage of foreign-born people, 2015-2019 :||11.5%|
|Rate of owner-occupied housing units, 2015-2019 :||72.6%|
|Rate of owner-occupied housing units, 2015-2019 :||72.6%|
|Owner-occupied housing unit median value, 2015-2019 :||$235,500|
|From 2015 to 2019, the median selected monthly owner costs - with a mortgage :||$2,083|
|Monthly owner costs, without a mortgage, at the median, 2015-2019 :||$922|
|2015-2019 median gross rent :||$1,204|
|2015-2019 Households :||4,992|
|Population per household, 2015-2019 :||2.70|
|Living in the same house a year ago, percentage of people aged one year and up, 2015-2019 :||91.6%|
|Languages other than English spoken at home, as a percentage of people aged 5 and up, 2015-2019 :||25.6%|
|Households with computers, %, 2015-2019 :||91.1%|
|Percentage of households with a broadband Internet subscription, 2015-2019 :||83.9%|
|Percentage of people aged 25 and up with a high school diploma or higher, 2015-2019 :||87.2%|
|Bachelor's degree or higher, proportion of people aged 25 and up, 2015-2019 :||27.2%|
|Percentage of people under the age of 65 who have a disability, 2015-2019 :||9.2%|
|Persons under the age of 65 who do not have health insurance, as a percentage :||9.9%|
|Total civilian labor force, percent of population aged 16 and up, 2015-2019 :||65.7%|
|Female labor force participation in the civilian labor force, as a percentage of the population aged 16 and up, 2015-2019 :||61.7%|
|Total sales of lodging and food services in 2012 ($1,000) :||19,977|
|Total receipts/revenue for health care and social assistance in 2012 ($1,000) :||56,433|
|2012 total retail sales ($1,000) :||283,742|
|2012 total retail sales per capita :||$19,235|
|Mean commute time to work (in minutes), workers aged 16 and up, 2015-2019 :||27.6|
|2015-2019 median household income (in 2019 dollars) :||$73,048|
|Income per capita in the previous 12 months (in 2019 dollars), 2015-2019 :||$33,951|
|Percentage of people living in poverty :||10.2%|
|Total number of businesses in 2012 :||1,317|
|Men-owned businesses in 2012 :||860|
|Women-owned businesses in 2012 :||304|
|Minority-owned businesses in 2012 :||194|
|Non-minority-owned businesses in 2012 :||1,055|
|Veteran-owned businesses in 2012 :||70|
|Nonveteran-owned businesses in 2012 :||1,100|
|2010 population per square mile :||361.8|
|2010 land area in square miles :||40.89|
Other Places in Marshall
1 US Agricultural Department
Marshall, AR 72650, United States ➦ Show Map
☎ +18704483182 🔗 Url
People born in Marshall (3)
Schools in Marshall
College & universities near Marshall, AR
|420538||Arkansas State University-Mountain Home||Mountain Home (AR)||72653|
|107460||North Arkansas College||Harrison (AR)||72601-5508|
|485731||The Beauty School||Mountain Home (AR)||72653|
Post offices near Marshall
|Post Office Name||City||ZIP|
|Marshall Post Office||Marshall (AR)||72650|
Other places with the same name (15)
- Marshall , Texas city in Harrison County, Texas, USA with a population of 22,523 people.
- Marshall , Missouri city in Missouri, USA with a population of 12,885 people.
- Marshall , Pennsylvania township in Allegheny County, Pennsylvania with a population of 9,869 people.
- Marshall , Illinois city in Clark County, Illinois, United States with a population of 3,774 people.
- Marshall , Michigan city in the U.S. state of Michigan with a population of 3,117 people.
- Marshall , New York town in the U.S. state of New York with a population of 2,109 people.
- Marshall , Ohio city in Ohio, United States of America with a population of 1,012 people.
- Marshall , North Carolina town in the U.S. state of North Carolina with a population of 916 people.
- Marshall , Wisconsin village in Dane County, Wisconsin with a population of 687 people.
- Marshall , Alaska city in the U.S. state of Alaska with a population of 462 people.
- Marshall , Minnesota city in Lyon County, Minnesota, United States with a population of 370 people.
- Marshall , Indiana town in Washington Township, Parke County, Indiana, United States with a population of 315 people.
- Marshall , Oklahoma town in Logan County, Oklahoma, United States with a population of 305 people.
- Marshall , North Dakota unincorporated community in North Dakota with a population of 66 people.
Other cities in Searcy County
Cities, Towns, Neighborhoods & Other Populated Places in Searcy County , AR.
|Leslie||415||City in Arkansas, USA|
|Saint Joe||124||City in Searcy County, Arkansas, United States of America|
|Pindall||106||City in Searcy County, Arkansas, United States of America|
|Gilbert||26||Town in Searcy County, Arkansas, United States|
Distance to Other Cities
Marshall distances to largest Arkansas cities