Mansfield, De Soto Parish, Louisiana
Mansfield: City in DeSoto Parish, Louisiana, United States
Mansfield is a city located in the county of De Soto Parish in the U.S. state of Louisiana. Its population at the 2010 census was 5,001 and a population density of 528 people per km². After 10 years in 2020 city had an estimated population of 4,579 inhabitants.
Quick Facts about Mansfield
|Population :||4,579 (2020)|
|Country :||United States of America|
|State :||Louisiana (United States)|
|County :||De Soto Parish|
|Postal code :||71052|
|Phone Area Codes :||318|
|Area :||9.48 km2|
|Altitude :||335 feet / 102 meters|
|Capital city :||Mansfield is capital of DeSoto Parish|
|Time Zone :||America/Chicago|
|Local time :||05:57:00 (23rd March 2023)|
|Density :||483 Pop. per km² as of 2020|
|Population growth :||-9.22% (2010-2020)|
Mansfield is located at 32°2'16"N 93°42'1"W (32.0376600, -93.7001800).
According to census records, the population of Mansfield decreased by 9.22% in 10 years.
|Estimated population as of July 1, 2019 :||9,395|
|Based on demographic estimates as of April 1, 2010 :||9,286|
|Based on demographic estimates as of 1 April 2010 :||1.2%|
|April 1, 2020 Population :||9,748|
|April 1, 2010 Population :||9,286|
|People under 5 years old, percentage :||6.5%|
|People under 18 years old, percentage :||25.6%|
|People over 65 (%) :||19.2%|
|Female persons, % :||49.0%|
|White only, percent :||95.2%|
|Black or African American alone, percent :||1.3%|
|American Indian and Alaska Native only, % :||1.0%|
|Asians alone % :||0.8%|
|Only Native Hawaiians and Other Pacific Islanders, % :||0.2%|
|% of people who have participated in two or more races :||1.5%|
|% of Hispanic or Latino :||15.4%|
|White people, not Hispanic or Latino people, make up the majority of the population. :||81.2%|
|2015-2019 Veterans :||611|
|Percentage of foreign-born people, 2015-2019 :||6.3%|
|Residential units, July 1, 2019 :||4,414|
|Residential units, July 1, 2019 :||4,414|
|Rate of owner-occupied housing units, 2015-2019 :||70.4%|
|Owner-occupied housing unit median value, 2015-2019 :||$110,300|
|From 2015 to 2019, the median selected monthly owner costs - with a mortgage :||$1,138|
|Monthly owner costs, without a mortgage, at the median, 2015-2019 :||$550|
|2015-2019 median gross rent :||$783|
|Permits for construction, 2020 :||109|
|2015-2019 Households :||3,895|
|Population per household, 2015-2019 :||2.35|
|Living in the same house a year ago, percentage of people aged one year and up, 2015-2019 :||82.6%|
|Languages other than English spoken at home, as a percentage of people aged 5 and up, 2015-2019 :||12.2%|
|Households with computers, %, 2015-2019 :||86.9%|
|Percentage of households with a broadband Internet subscription, 2015-2019 :||76.8%|
|Percentage of people aged 25 and up with a high school diploma or higher, 2015-2019 :||87.8%|
|Bachelor's degree or higher, proportion of people aged 25 and up, 2015-2019 :||16.0%|
|Percentage of people under the age of 65 who have a disability, 2015-2019 :||12.3%|
|Persons under the age of 65 who do not have health insurance, as a percentage :||7.2%|
|Total civilian labor force, percent of population aged 16 and up, 2015-2019 :||65.0%|
|Female labor force participation in the civilian labor force, as a percentage of the population aged 16 and up, 2015-2019 :||60.5%|
|Total sales of lodging and food services in 2012 ($1,000) :||67,545|
|Total receipts/revenue for health care and social assistance in 2012 ($1,000) :||39,339|
|2012 total retail sales ($1,000) :||151,061|
|2012 total retail sales per capita :||$16,122|
|Mean commute time to work (in minutes), workers aged 16 and up, 2015-2019 :||23.9|
|2015-2019 median household income (in 2019 dollars) :||$54,427|
|Income per capita in the previous 12 months (in 2019 dollars), 2015-2019 :||$27,416|
|Percentage of people living in poverty :||11.7%|
|Total number of employer establishments, 2019 :||171|
|2019 total employment :||3,469|
|2019 total annual payroll ($1,000) :||126,859|
|Total employment, change in percentage terms, 2018-2019 :||3.3%|
|2018 total non-employer establishments :||547|
|Total number of businesses in 2012 :||764|
|Men-owned businesses in 2012 :||409|
|Women-owned businesses in 2012 :||291|
|Minority-owned businesses in 2012 :||F|
|Non-minority-owned businesses in 2012 :||710|
|Veteran-owned businesses in 2012 :||127|
|Nonveteran-owned businesses in 2012 :||581|
|2010 population per square mile :||21.5|
|2010 land area in square miles :||431.17|
People born in Mansfield (15)
People born in Mansfield, including Major League Baseball left-handed pitcher Vida Blue, jazz musician, music director and band leader Barrie Lee Hall, Jr., football player Albert Lewis, .
- George Washington Carroll (American politician) he was born in 01/01/1855
- O. C. Smith (American musician) he was born in 21/06/1932
- Jesse Hudson (Major League Baseball pitcher) he was born in 22/07/1948
- John H. Eastman (American mayor and businessman) he was born in 23/09/1861
- Mack Reynolds (American football player (1935-1991)) he was born in 11/02/1935
- Arthur T. Prescott (American educator and college president) he was born in 11/06/1863
- Charles Wheaton Elam (Louisiana lawyer and politician) he was born in 18/03/1866
- Charles Johnson (American football defensive back born in 1956) he was born in 05/05/1956
- Sidney Maiden (American blues harmonica player, singer and songwriter) he was born in 01/01/1923
- William Pike Hall, Sr. (American politician) he was born in 19/10/1896
- C. O. Simpkins, Sr. (American dentist) he was born in 13/01/1925
- Jim McCullough Sr. he was born in 12/05/1928
Schools in Mansfield
College & universities near Mansfield, LA
|451866||Remington College-Shreveport Campus||Shreveport (LA)||71101|
Amtrak & bus stations near Mansfield, LA
|SHR||Shreveport, Louisiana||451 Clyde Fant Parkway||BUS|
|SHG||Shreveport, LA||408 Fannin Street||BUS|
|MHL||Marshall||800 North Washington Street - suite 2||RAIL|
|NCG||Nacogdoches, Texas||University Drive & Starr Road||BUS|
|LVW||Longview||905 Pacific Ave.||RAIL|
Post offices near Mansfield
|Post Office Name||City||ZIP|
|Mansfield Post Office||Mansfield (LA)||71052|
Other places with the same name (13)
- Mansfield , Texas city in Texas, USA; suburb of the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex with a population of 73,094 people.
- Mansfield , Ohio city in U.S. state of Ohio and county seat of Richland County with a population of 46,125 people.
- Mansfield , Massachusetts town in Bristol County, Massachusetts, United States with a population of 24,539 people.
- Mansfield , New Jersey township in Warren County, New Jersey with a population of 7,384 people.
- Mansfield , Pennsylvania borough in Tioga County, Pennsylvania, United States with a population of 2,972 people.
- Mansfield , Missouri city in Wright County, Missouri, United States with a population of 1,245 people.
- Mansfield , Arkansas city in Scott and Sabastian counties in Arkansas, United States with a population of 1,089 people.
- Mansfield , Illinois human settlement in Illinois, United States of America with a population of 939 people.
- Mansfield , Georgia human settlement in Newton County, Georgia, United States of America with a population of 447 people.
- Mansfield , Washington town in Douglas County, Washington, United States with a population of 337 people.
- Mansfield , Minnesota human settlement in United States of America with a population of 228 people.
- Mansfield , Michigan township in Iron County, Michigan with a population of 227 people.
Other cities in De Soto Parish
Cities, Towns, Neighborhoods & Other Populated Places in De Soto Parish , LA.
|Stonewall||2,598||Suburb town of Shreveport, located in DeSoto Parish, Louisiana, United States|
|Logansport||1,546||Town in Louisiana, United States|
|South Mansfield||352||City in Louisiana, United States of America|
|Grand Cane||238||Human settlement in Louisiana, United States of America|
|Longstreet||154||Human settlement in Louisiana, United States of America|
Distance to Other Cities
Mansfield distances to largest Louisiana cities