Livermore: A city in Alameda County, California. It is located in the eastern part of the San Francisco Bay Area. Livermore is known for its many parks and green spaces, its many historical sites, and its many attractions, such as the Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory and the Livermore Amador Valley Historical Society.
Livermore is a city located in the county of Alameda in the U.S. state of California. Its population at the 2010 census was 80,968. After 10 years in 2020 city had an estimated population of 91,617 inhabitants.
The city was created 154 years ago in 1868.
Livermore is located in California's Tri-Valley region, part of the San Francisco Bay Area. It was founded by William Mendenhall in 1869 and originally known as Mendenhall Springs. Livermore incorporated as a city in 1876.
Key Facts About Livermore
Population: Approximately 91,000 as of 2019
Economy: Major employers in Livermore include Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, Sandia National Laboratories, Tesla, and Safeway. Healthcare, biotech, and retail are also major industries.
Geography: Livermore is situated along the eastern side of the Diablo Range mountains. Nearby features include Lake Del Valle and Winesap Canyon. The city spans approximately 26 square miles.
Things to Do in Livermore
Some top attractions and activities in Livermore are:
- Wente Vineyards - Iconic winery offering tours, tastings, concerts, and fine dining. Located in the Livermore Valley Wine Country.
- Livermore Rodeo Grounds - Home to a weekly farmer's market and the annual Livermore Rodeo.
- Bankhead Theater - Modern performance theater presenting concerts, plays, and cultural events.
- Carnegie Park - Peaceful 34-acre park with walking trails, playgrounds, and picnic areas. Home to festivals and a farmers market.
- Las Positas Golf Course - Public 18-hole golf course with picturesque views of the surrounding hills.
In summary, Livermore provides a small-town atmosphere near the San Francisco Bay Area with scenic wine country landscapes and a historic downtown.
Quick Facts about Livermore
|Population :||91,617 (2020)|
|Country :||United States of America|
|State :||California (United States)|
|County :||Alameda County|
|Postal code :||94550, 94551|
|Phone Area Codes :||925|
|Water as percent of area :||0.01%|
|Land as percent of area :||99.99%|
|Altitude :||1,624 feet / 495 meters|
|Establishment :||January 01, 1869 (154 years ago)|
|Time Zone :||Pacific Time Zone|
|Local time :||06:58:16 (24th September 2023)|
|Population growth :||11.62% (2010-2020)|
Livermore is located at 37°40'55"N 121°46'5"W (37.6818700, -121.7680100).
- Official Website
Official website of Livermore
The population of Livermore increased by 11.62% in 10 years.
People born in Livermore (40)
- Erwin Louis Mueller (American basketball player) he was born in 12/03/1944
- Jerry Smith (Player of American football (1943-1986)) he was born in 19/07/1943
- Duane Glinton (Turks and Caicos Islands footballer) he was born in 16/03/1982
- Noreen Evans (American lawyer and politician) she was born in 22/04/1955
- Glen Plake (American alpine skier) he was born in 09/09/1964
- Mark Davis (former pitcher in Major League Baseball) he was born in 19/10/1960
- Vanessa Ray (actress) she was born in 24/06/1981
- Ben Bodé (American actor)
- Bill Mooneyham (American baseball player) he was born in 16/08/1960
- Bob Beers (American politician) he was born in 14/10/1959
- Brad Stisser (American soccer player) he was born in 24/09/1986
- Bvdub (American musician) he was born in 01/01/1974
- James DePaiva (American actor) he was born in 08/10/1957
- James Wesley Rawles (American survivalist-fiction author and blogger) he was born in 01/01/1960
- Jean Quan (California politician) she was born in 21/10/1949
- Kristin Allen (American gymnast) she was born in 10/07/1992
- Louie Aguiar (American football player) he was born in 30/06/1966
- Marie Annonson (acrobatic gymnast) she was born in 29/12/1974
Schools in Livermore
College & universities near Livermore, CA
|366401||Las Positas College||Livermore (CA)||94551-7650|
|120290||Ohlone College||Fremont (CA)||94539-0390|
|110574||California State University-East Bay||Hayward (CA)||94542|
|481474||J D Academy of Salon and Spa||Danville (CA)||94526|
|459204||Unitek College||Fremont (CA)||94538|
Amtrak & bus stations near Livermore, CA
|LIV||Livermore, California||2500 Railroad Avenue||BUS|
|VAS||Livermore, CA||575 South Vasco Road||RAIL|
|PLS||Pleasanton, CA||4950 Pleasanton Avenue||RAIL|
|DBP||Dublin-Pleasanton, California||5801 Owens Drive||BUS|
|FRT||Fremont (San Joaquin Buses), California||999 Upper Mission Blvd||BUS|
Post offices near Livermore
|Post Office Name||City||ZIP|
|Livermor Post Office||Livermore (CA)||94550|
|Livermore Annex Post Office||Livermore (CA)||94550|
|Pleasanton Post Office||Pleasanton (CA)||94566|
|Hacienda Post Office||Pleasanton (CA)||94588|
|Dublin Post Office||Dublin (CA)||94568|
Other places with the same name (4)
Other cities in Alameda County
Cities, towns, neighborhoods & other populated places in Alameda County , CA. (more)
|Oakland||424,891||The third most populous city in California, Oakland is a major center for business, manufacturing, and culture.|
|Fremont||234,569||The fifth most populous city in California.|
|Hayward||157,966||The seventh most populous city in Alameda County, California.|
|Berkeley||122,726||The fourth most populous city in Alameda County, California.|
|San Leandro||89,161||A city in Alameda County, California.|
|Pleasanton||80,247||A city in Alameda County, California.|
|Alameda||78,841||A city in Alameda County, California.|
|Union City||74,107||A city in Placer County, California.|
|Dublin||66,936||The most populous city in Alameda County, California.|
|Castro Valley||61,388||A city in Alameda County, California.|
|Newark||49,699||A city in Alameda County, California.|
|Ashland||21,925||City in Boyd County, Kentucky, United States|
|Albany||20,031||City in Alameda County, California, United States|
|Cherryland||14,728||Census designated place|
|Emeryville||11,875||City in the United States state of California|
|Piedmont||11,335||City in California|
Distance to Other Cities
Livermore distances to largest California cities