Lexington, South Carolina
Lexington: Town in Lexington County, South Carolina, United States
Lexington is a town located in the county of Lexington in the U.S. state of South Carolina. Its population at the 2010 census was 17,870. After 10 years in 2020 city had an estimated population of 22,716 inhabitants.
The town was created 203 years ago in 1819.
Quick Facts about Lexington
|Population :||22,716 (2020)|
|Country :||United States of America|
|State :||South Carolina (United States)|
|County :||Lexington County|
|Phone Area Codes :||803|
|Water as percent of area :||0.87%|
|Land as percent of area :||99.13%|
|Altitude :||394 feet / 120 meters|
|Capital city :||Lexington is capital of Lexington County|
|Establishment :||January 01, 1820 (203 years ago)|
|Time Zone :||America/New_York|
|Local time :||20:29:34 (28th September 2023)|
|Postal code :||29072|
|Population growth :||21.33% (2010-2020)|
|Weather :||77℉ Partly Sunny 7-days weather|
The population of Lexington increased by 21.33% in 10 years.
|Estimated population as of July 1, 2019 :||23,479|
|Based on demographic estimates as of April 1, 2010 :||22,854|
|Based on demographic estimates as of 1 April 2010 :||2.7%|
|April 1, 2020 Population :||23,683|
|April 1, 2010 Population :||21,181|
|People under 5 years old, percentage :||5.1%|
|People under 18 years old, percentage :||20.9%|
|People over 65 (%) :||22.3%|
|Female persons, % :||50.4%|
|White only, percent :||92.9%|
|Black or African American alone, percent :||0.7%|
|American Indian and Alaska Native only, % :||0.6%|
|Asians alone % :||1.3%|
|Only Native Hawaiians and Other Pacific Islanders, % :||0.0%|
|% of people who have participated in two or more races :||4.3%|
|% of Hispanic or Latino :||6.7%|
|White people, not Hispanic or Latino people, make up the majority of the population. :||86.8%|
|2015-2019 Veterans :||2,699|
|Percentage of foreign-born people, 2015-2019 :||4.1%|
|Rate of owner-occupied housing units, 2015-2019 :||52.8%|
|Rate of owner-occupied housing units, 2015-2019 :||52.8%|
|Owner-occupied housing unit median value, 2015-2019 :||$195,400|
|From 2015 to 2019, the median selected monthly owner costs - with a mortgage :||$1,387|
|Monthly owner costs, without a mortgage, at the median, 2015-2019 :||$443|
|2015-2019 median gross rent :||$849|
|2015-2019 Households :||10,389|
|Population per household, 2015-2019 :||2.13|
|Living in the same house a year ago, percentage of people aged one year and up, 2015-2019 :||78.6%|
|Languages other than English spoken at home, as a percentage of people aged 5 and up, 2015-2019 :||6.2%|
|Households with computers, %, 2015-2019 :||89.5%|
|Percentage of households with a broadband Internet subscription, 2015-2019 :||84.2%|
|Percentage of people aged 25 and up with a high school diploma or higher, 2015-2019 :||91.5%|
|Bachelor's degree or higher, proportion of people aged 25 and up, 2015-2019 :||25.3%|
|Percentage of people under the age of 65 who have a disability, 2015-2019 :||13.2%|
|Persons under the age of 65 who do not have health insurance, as a percentage :||9.2%|
|Total civilian labor force, percent of population aged 16 and up, 2015-2019 :||55.3%|
|Female labor force participation in the civilian labor force, as a percentage of the population aged 16 and up, 2015-2019 :||50.6%|
|Total sales of lodging and food services in 2012 ($1,000) :||77,769|
|Total receipts/revenue for health care and social assistance in 2012 ($1,000) :||484,136|
|Manufacturers' total shipments in 2012 ($1,000) :||153,783|
|2012 total retail sales ($1,000) :||749,221|
|2012 total retail sales per capita :||$34,236|
|Mean commute time to work (in minutes), workers aged 16 and up, 2015-2019 :||13.5|
|2015-2019 median household income (in 2019 dollars) :||$44,970|
|Income per capita in the previous 12 months (in 2019 dollars), 2015-2019 :||$27,155|
|Percentage of people living in poverty :||12.7%|
|Total number of businesses in 2012 :||2,297|
|Men-owned businesses in 2012 :||999|
|Women-owned businesses in 2012 :||631|
|Minority-owned businesses in 2012 :||125|
|Non-minority-owned businesses in 2012 :||1,983|
|Veteran-owned businesses in 2012 :||292|
|Nonveteran-owned businesses in 2012 :||1,728|
|2010 population per square mile :||2,116.3|
|2010 land area in square miles :||10.01|
Other Places in Lexington
1 US Consolidated Farm Services Agency
219 E Main St, Lexington, SC 29072, United States ➦ Show Map
☎ +18033593205 🔗 Url
2 US Agricultural Department
Lexington, SC 29072, United States ➦ Show Map
☎ +18033593165 🔗 Url
3 Education Department
309 Barr Rd, Lexington, SC 29072, United States ➦ Show Map
☎ +18033599530 🔗 Url
People born in Lexington (8)
- Homer Hobbs (American football player (1923-1997)) he was born in 13/02/1923
- Lacie Lybrand (American beauty pageant contestant) she was born in 01/01/1983
- Preston Callison (South Carolina lawyer and politician) he was born in 01/01/1922
- Wrenn Schmidt (American actress) she was born in 01/01/1983
- Catherine Templeton (politician) she was born in 07/12/1970
Schools in Lexington
College & universities near Lexington, SC
|218195||Kenneth Shuler School of Cosmetology and Nails-Columbia||Columbia (SC)||29210|
Amtrak & bus stations near Lexington, SC
|CLB||Columbia||850 Pulaski Street||RAIL|
|CAM||Camden||1060 West Dekalb Street||RAIL|
|DNK||Denmark||200 West Baruch Street||RAIL|
Post offices near Lexington
|Post Office Name||City||ZIP|
|Downtown Lexington Post Office||Lexington (SC)||29071|
Other places with the same name (21)
- Lexington , Kentucky The second most populous city in Kentucky. It is located in central Kentucky. Lexington is known for its horse racing, its many colleges and universities, and its many attractions, such as the Kentucky Horse Park and the University of Kentucky. with a population of 225,366 people.
- Lexington , Massachusetts town in Middlesex County, Massachusetts, United States with a population of 33,003 people.
- Lexington , North Carolina city in and county seat of Davidson County, North Carolina, United States with a population of 19,141 people.
- Lexington , Nebraska city in Dawson County, Nebraska, United States with a population of 10,109 people.
- Lexington , Tennessee city in Henderson County, Tennessee, United States with a population of 7,866 people.
- Lexington , Virginia independent city in Virginia, United States with a population of 7,279 people.
- Lexington , Ohio village in Richland County, Ohio, United States with a population of 5,328 people.
- Lexington , Missouri city in Lafayette County, Missouri, United States with a population of 4,543 people.
- Lexington , Indiana unincorporated community in Lexington Township, Scott County, Indiana, United States with a population of 3,533 people.
- Lexington , Oklahoma city in Cleveland County, Oklahoma, United States with a population of 2,187 people.
- Lexington , Illinois city in McLean County, Illinois, United States with a population of 2,020 people.
- Lexington , Kansas human settlement in United States of America with a population of 1,414 people.
- Lexington , Mississippi city in and county seat of Holmes County, Mississippi, United States with a population of 1,412 people.
- Lexington , Texas town in Lee County, Texas, United States with a population of 1,256 people.
- Lexington , Michigan village in Sanilac County, Michigan, United States with a population of 1,118 people.
- Lexington , New York town of the United States with a population of 767 people.
- Lexington , Minnesota city in Anoka County, Minnesota, United States with a population of 742 people.
- Lexington , Alabama town in Lauderdale County, Alabama, United States with a population of 711 people.
- Lexington , Oregon city in Morrow County, Oregon, United States with a population of 240 people.
- Lexington , Georgia city in Oglethorpe County, Georgia, United States with a population of 230 people.
Other cities in Lexington County
Cities, towns, neighborhoods & other populated places in Lexington County , SC.
|West Columbia||18,109||City in Lexington County, South Carolina, United States of America|
|Seven Oaks||15,144||City in Lexington County, South Carolina, United States|
|Cayce||13,994||City in Lexington and Richland counties in South Carolina, United States|
|Batesburg-Leesville||5,402||City in South Carolina, United States of America|
|Batesburg||4,380||City in Lexington County, South Carolina, United States of America|
|Springdale||2,636||City in Lexington County, South Carolina, United States of America|
|South Congaree||2,485||Town in Lexington County, South Carolina, United States|
|Pineridge||2,064||Town in South Carolina|
|Gaston||1,712||Human settlement in Lexington County, South Carolina, United States of America|
|Chapin||1,664||Town in Lexington County, South Carolina, USA|
|Swansea||986||Town in Lexington County, South Carolina, United States|
|Pelion||711||City in Lexington County, South Carolina, United States of America|
|Gilbert||657||Town in South Carolina|
|Summit||486||City in Lexington County, South Carolina, United States of America|
Distance to Other Cities
Lexington distances to largest South Carolina cities