Kenosha: The second most populous city in Kenosha County, Wisconsin. It is located on the shore of Lake Michigan in southeastern Wisconsin. Kenosha is known for its many beaches, its many parks and green spaces, and its many attractions, such as the Kenosha Public Museum and the Kenosha Civic Center.
Kenosha is a city located in the county of Kenosha in the U.S. state of Wisconsin. Its population at the 2010 census was 99,218 and a population density of 1,374 people per km². After 10 years in 2020 city had an estimated population of 99,570 inhabitants.
The city was created 188 years ago in 1834.
Kenosha is a city located along the shore of Lake Michigan in southeastern Wisconsin. As of 2019, Kenosha had an estimated population of 99,992 residents.
The Potawatomi Indians first inhabited the area. The city was originally known as Southport when it was established in the 1830s.
It was incorporated as the village of Kenosha in 1850 and later chartered as a city in 1883.
Kenosha grew as a major shipping and manufacturing center. Auto production facilities opened in the early 1900s.
Popular attractions and things to do in Kenosha include:
- HarborPark - Harbor with restaurants, shops, and walking paths along the lakefront.
- Civil War Museum- Museum with exhibits focused on the Civil War era.
- Dinosaur Discovery Museum - Kid-friendly museum featuring animatronic dinosaurs.
- Kenosha Public Museum - Natural history and fine arts exhibits.
- Jelly Belly Center - Factory tours and candy-themed events at the Jelly Belly warehouse.
Living in Kenosha
Kenosha offers many parks and beaches along Lake Michigan as well as a popular trail system.
Top rated schools are found in the Kenosha Unified School District. The historic Library Park neighborhood is popular with families.
Housing ranges from downtown lofts to single-family homes. The average home price is around $175,000.
Kenosha provides a scenic Lake Michigan setting conveniently located between Milwaukee and Chicago.
Quick Facts about Kenosha
|Population :||99,570 (2020)|
|Country :||United States of America|
|State :||Wisconsin (United States)|
|County :||Kenosha County|
|Different from :||Keshena|
|Postal code :||53140–53144|
|Phone Area Codes :||262|
|Area :||72.2 km2|
|Altitude :||604 feet / 184 meters|
|Capital city :||Kenosha is capital of Kenosha County|
|Establishment :||January 01, 1835 (188 years ago)|
|Time Zone :||UTC−06:00|
|Local time :||02:25:43 (29th November 2023)|
|Density :||1,379 Pop. per km² as of 2020|
|Population growth :||0.35% (2010-2020)|
Kenosha is located at 42°35'5"N 87°49'16"W (42.5847400, -87.8211900).
- Official Website
Official website of Kenosha
The population of Kenosha increased by 0.35% in 10 years.
Best Things to Do in Kenosha
1 Bristol Renaissance Faire
12550 120th Ave, Kenosha, WI 53142, United States ➦ Show Map
☎ +18473957773 🔗 Url
2 Petrifying Springs Park
5555 7th St, Kenosha, WI 53144, United States ➦ Show Map
☎ +12628571869 🔗 Url
3 Simmons Island Park
5001 4th Ave, Kenosha, WI 53140, United States ➦ Show Map
☎ +12626534050 🔗 Url
4 America's Action Territory
12345 75th St, Kenosha, WI 53142, United States ➦ Show Map
☎ +12628577000 🔗 Url
5 Kenosha Public Museum
5500 1st Ave, Kenosha, WI 53140, United States ➦ Show Map
☎ +12626534140 🔗 Url
Where ot Eat in Kenosha
1 Golden Corral Buffet & Grill
6208 75th St, Kenosha, WI 53142, United States ➦ Show Map
☎ +12629429396 🔗 Url
5220 Green Bay Rd, Kenosha, WI 53144, United States ➦ Show Map
☎ +12626522002 🔗 Url
3 Applebee's Grill + Bar
6950 75th St, Kenosha, WI 53142, United States ➦ Show Map
☎ +12629427190 🔗 Url
8124 Sheridan Rd, Kenosha, WI 53143, United States ➦ Show Map
☎ +12624844046 🔗 Url
5 Popeyes Louisiana Kitchen
3905 75th St, Kenosha, WI 53142, United States ➦ Show Map
☎ +12629427575 🔗 Url
Where to Stay in Kenosha
1 Hampton Inn & Suites Kenosha
7300 125th Ave, Kenosha, WI 53142, United States ➦ Show Map
☎ +12623589800 🔗 Url
Other Places in Kenosha
1 Forestry Department
3617 65th St, Kenosha, WI 53142, United States ➦ Show Map
☎ +12626534080 🔗 Url
2 Kenosha Personnel Department
625 52nd St, Kenosha, WI 53140, United States ➦ Show Map
☎ +12626534130 🔗 Url
People born in Kenosha (127)
- Laura Kaeppeler (Miss America 2012) she was born in 02/03/1988
- Concetta Tomei (American actress) she was born in 30/12/1945
- Carl A. Wirtanen (American astronomer) he was born in 11/11/1910
- Nick Van Exel (American basketball player) he was born in 27/11/1971
- Jim Rygiel (American visual effects supervisor) he was born in 17/02/1955
- Paul Sorensen (American actor) he was born in 16/02/1926
- Bert Ira Gordon (American film director) he was born in 24/09/1922
- Daniel J. Travanti (actor) he was born in 07/03/1940
- Buddy Clark (American musician) he was born in 10/07/1929
- Charles T. Jeffery (American businessman) he was born in 13/05/1876
- Ben Rothwell (American mixed martial artist) he was born in 17/10/1981
- Al Molinaro (American actor (1919-2015)) he was born in 24/06/1919
- Edward F. Cline (American actor and director (1891-1961)) he was born in 04/11/1891
- Korey Cooper (American musician) she was born in 21/07/1972
- Tony Russel (Film, television actor) he was born in 23/11/1925
- Joseph V. Quarles (lawyer, politician, United States federal judge (1843-1911)) he was born in 16/12/1843
- William Henry Stevenson (American congressman for Wisconsin (1891-1978)) he was born in 23/09/1891
- Paul Thorn (American boxer) he was born in 13/07/1964
Schools in Kenosha
College & universities near Kenosha, WI
|238759||Gateway Technical College||Kenosha (WI)||53144-1690|
|459842||Herzing University-Kenosha||Kenosha (WI)||53144|
|238476||Carthage College||Kenosha (WI)||53140-1994|
|461908||The Salon Professional Academy-Kenosha||Kenosha (WI)||53142-4950|
|491297||University of Wisconsin-Parkside Flex||Kenosha (WI)||53141|
Amtrak & bus stations near Kenosha, WI
|SVT||Sturtevant station||9900 East Exploration Court||RAIL|
|MKA||Milwaukee Airport Railroad Station||5601 South 6th Street||RAIL|
|MKE||Milwaukee Intermodal Station||433 West St. Paul Ave.||RAIL|
|GLN||Glenview station||1116 Depot St.||RAIL|
|CHI||Chicago Union Station||225 South Canal Street||RAIL|
Post offices near Kenosha
|Post Office Name||City||ZIP|
|Kenosha Post Office||Kenosha (WI)||53140|
|Kenosha Carrier Annex Post Office||Pleasant Prairie (WI)||53158|
|Pleasant Prair Post Office||Pleasant Prairie (WI)||53158|
|Somer Post Office||Somers (WI)||53171|
|Winthrop Harbor Post Office||Winthrop Harbor (IL)||60096|
Other cities in Kenosha County
Cities, towns, neighborhoods & other populated places in Kenosha County , WI.
|Pleasant Prairie||21,373||Village in Kenosha County, Wisconsin, United States|
|Twin Lakes||6,234||Village in Kenosha County, Wisconsin|
|Bristol||5,145||Village in Kenosha County, Wisconsin|
|Camp Lake||3,665||Census designated place|
|Paddock Lake||3,232||City in Kenosha County, Wisconsin, United States of America|
|Powers Lake||1,615||City in North Dakota, USA|
|Paris||1,517||Town in Grant County, Wisconsin, United States|
|Somers||1,132||Civil town in Kenosha County, Wisconsin|
|Brighton||644||Civil town in Kenosha County, Wisconsin|
|Wheatland||582||Civil town in Kenosha County, Wisconsin|
|Salem||529||Civil town in Kenosha County, Wisconsin|
Distance to Other Cities
Kenosha distances to largest Wisconsin cities