Jacksonville Pulaski County, Arkansas
Jacksonville: City in Arkansas, USA
Jacksonville is a city located in the county of Pulaski in the U.S. state of Arkansas. Its population at the 2010 census was 28,364. After 10 years in 2020 city had an estimated population of 28,361 inhabitants.
The city was created 152 years ago in 1869.
Jacksonville Quick Facts
|Population :||28,361 (2020)|
|Country :||United States of America|
|State :||Arkansas (United States)|
|County :||Pulaski County|
|Postal code :||72076|
|Phone Area Codes :||501|
|Water as percent of area :||0.42%|
|Land as percent of area :||99.58%|
|Altitude :||285 feet / 87 meters|
|Establishment :||January 01, 1870 (152 years ago)|
|Time Zone :||America/Chicago|
|Local time :||10:41:53 (24th May 2022)|
|Population growth :||-0.01% (2010-2020)|
Jacksonville is located at 34°51'58"N 92°6'37"W (34.8662000, -92.1101500).
- Official Website
Official website of Jacksonville
According to census records, the population of Jacksonville decreased by 0.01% in 10 years.
|Estimated population as of July 1, 2019 :||14,553|
|Based on demographic estimates as of April 1, 2010 :||15,178|
|Based on demographic estimates as of 1 April 2010 :||-4.1%|
|April 1, 2020 Population :||14,119|
|April 1, 2010 Population :||15,175|
|People under 5 years old, percentage :||4.7%|
|People under 18 years old, percentage :||18.7%|
|People over 65 (%) :||23.9%|
|Female persons, % :||52.0%|
|White only, percent :||57.5%|
|Black or African American alone, percent :||40.3%|
|American Indian and Alaska Native only, % :||0.6%|
|Asians alone % :||0.3%|
|Only Native Hawaiians and Other Pacific Islanders, % :||0.1%|
|% of people who have participated in two or more races :||1.2%|
|% of Hispanic or Latino :||3.9%|
|White people, not Hispanic or Latino people, make up the majority of the population. :||54.6%|
|2015-2019 Veterans :||1,111|
|Percentage of foreign-born people, 2015-2019 :||1.9%|
|Residential units, July 1, 2019 :||7,527|
|Residential units, July 1, 2019 :||7,527|
|Rate of owner-occupied housing units, 2015-2019 :||80.3%|
|Owner-occupied housing unit median value, 2015-2019 :||$107,200|
|From 2015 to 2019, the median selected monthly owner costs - with a mortgage :||$1,218|
|Monthly owner costs, without a mortgage, at the median, 2015-2019 :||$375|
|2015-2019 median gross rent :||$666|
|Permits for construction, 2020 :||8|
|2015-2019 Households :||6,179|
|Population per household, 2015-2019 :||2.34|
|Living in the same house a year ago, percentage of people aged one year and up, 2015-2019 :||93.2%|
|Languages other than English spoken at home, as a percentage of people aged 5 and up, 2015-2019 :||4.3%|
|Households with computers, %, 2015-2019 :||79.9%|
|Percentage of households with a broadband Internet subscription, 2015-2019 :||69.2%|
|Percentage of people aged 25 and up with a high school diploma or higher, 2015-2019 :||86.2%|
|Bachelor's degree or higher, proportion of people aged 25 and up, 2015-2019 :||19.9%|
|Percentage of people under the age of 65 who have a disability, 2015-2019 :||13.5%|
|Persons under the age of 65 who do not have health insurance, as a percentage :||13.1%|
|Total civilian labor force, percent of population aged 16 and up, 2015-2019 :||54.9%|
|Female labor force participation in the civilian labor force, as a percentage of the population aged 16 and up, 2015-2019 :||55.7%|
|2012 total retail sales ($1,000) :||65,919|
|2012 total retail sales per capita :||$4,421|
|Mean commute time to work (in minutes), workers aged 16 and up, 2015-2019 :||29.8|
|2015-2019 median household income (in 2019 dollars) :||$46,339|
|Income per capita in the previous 12 months (in 2019 dollars), 2015-2019 :||$26,398|
|Percentage of people living in poverty :||18.2%|
|Total number of employer establishments, 2019 :||231|
|2019 total employment :||3,404|
|2019 total annual payroll ($1,000) :||153,202|
|Total employment, change in percentage terms, 2018-2019 :||-0.3%|
|2018 total non-employer establishments :||934|
|Total number of businesses in 2012 :||1,001|
|Men-owned businesses in 2012 :||548|
|Women-owned businesses in 2012 :||403|
|Minority-owned businesses in 2012 :||238|
|Non-minority-owned businesses in 2012 :||729|
|Veteran-owned businesses in 2012 :||208|
|Nonveteran-owned businesses in 2012 :||758|
|2010 population per square mile :||39.8|
|2010 land area in square miles :||381.15|
People born in Jacksonville (11)
- Masuimi Max (American glamour and fetish model and actress) she was born in 12/03/1978
- Clinton McDonald (Player of American football) he was born in 06/01/1987
- Grady Adkins (American baseball player) he was born in 29/06/1897
- Robert Thomas (American football player) he was born in 01/12/1974
- Dionté BOOM (American rapper from Little Rock, Arkansas) he was born in 24/07/1991
- Bob Johnson (American businessman and politician) he was born in 01/08/1953
- Will Bond (American politician) he was born in 08/04/1970
- Antiesha Brown (American basketball player (1992-)) she was born in 30/06/1992
Schools in Jacksonville
College & universities near Jacksonville, AR
|106494||Arthur's Beauty College Inc-Jacksonville||Jacksonville (AR)||72076|
Amtrak & bus stations near Jacksonville, AR
|LRK||Little Rock Union Station||1400 West Markham Street||RAIL|
|MVN||Malvern station||200 East First St.||RAIL|
Post offices near Jacksonville
|Post Office Name||City||ZIP|
|Jacksonvill Post Office||Jacksonville (AR)||72076|
Other places with the same name (11)
- Jacksonville , Florida county seat of Duval County, Florida, United States; consolidated city and county with a population of 920,570 people.
- Jacksonville , North Carolina city in Onslow County, North Carolina, United States with a population of 76,284 people.
- Jacksonville , Illinois city in Morgan County, Illinois, United States with a population of 18,488 people.
- Jacksonville , Texas city in Texas, United States with a population of 14,829 people.
- Jacksonville , Alabama city in Calhoun County, Alabama, United States with a population of 12,972 people.
- Jacksonville , Oregon city in Oregon, USA with a population of 2,865 people.
- Jacksonville , Ohio city in Athens County, Ohio, United States of America with a population of 481 people.
- Jacksonville , Vermont village in Vermont, United States with a population of 206 people.
- Jacksonville , Missouri human settlement in Randolph County, Missouri, United States of America with a population of 145 people.
- Jacksonville , Georgia town in Telfair County, Georgia, United States with a population of 126 people.
Other cities in Pulaski County
Cities, Towns, Neighborhoods & Other Populated Places in Pulaski County , AR.
|Little Rock||197,866||Capital and largest city of Arkansas|
|North Little Rock||66,276||City in Pulaski County, Arkansas, United States|
|Sherwood||31,653||City in Arkansas, United States|
|Maumelle||18,242||City in Arkansas, United States|
|Gibson||3,543||Census-designated place in Pulaski County, Arkansas, USA|
|Alexander||3,340||City in Arkansas|
|Gravel Ridge||2,902||City in Pulaski County, Arkansas, United States of America|
|Wrightsville||2,054||City in Pulaski County, Arkansas, United States|
|McAlmont||1,873||Census-designated place in Pulaski County, Arkansas|
|Cammack Village||712||City in Arkansas, USA|
Distance to Other Cities
Jacksonville distances to largest Arkansas cities