Hudson Black Hawk County, Iowa
Hudson: City in Black Hawk County, Iowa, United States
Hudson is a city located in the county of Black Hawk in the U.S. state of Iowa. Its population at the 2010 census was 2,282 and a population density of 104 people per km². After 10 years in 2020 city had an estimated population of 2,473 inhabitants.
The city was created 165 years ago in 1856.
Hudson Quick Facts
|Population :||2,473 (2020)|
|Country :||United States of America|
|State :||Iowa (United States)|
|County :||Black Hawk County|
|Postal code :||50643|
|Phone Area Codes :||319|
|Area :||21.95 km2|
|Altitude :||902 feet / 275 meters|
|Establishment :||January 01, 1857 (165 years ago)|
|Time Zone :||America/Chicago|
|Local time :||02:26:00 (25th September 2022)|
|Density :||113 Pop. per km² as of 2020|
|Population growth :||7.72% (2010-2020)|
Hudson is located at 42°24'24"N 92°27'20"W (42.4066500, -92.4554700).
The population of Hudson increased by 7.72% in 10 years.
|Estimated population as of July 1, 2019 :||5,795|
|Based on demographic estimates as of April 1, 2010 :||5,842|
|Based on demographic estimates as of 1 April 2010 :||-0.8%|
|April 1, 2020 Population :||6,019|
|April 1, 2010 Population :||5,833|
|People under 5 years old, percentage :||4.7%|
|People under 18 years old, percentage :||29.7%|
|People over 65 (%) :||14.6%|
|Female persons, % :||52.2%|
|White only, percent :||84.6%|
|Black or African American alone, percent :||4.6%|
|American Indian and Alaska Native only, % :||0.6%|
|Asians alone % :||1.1%|
|Only Native Hawaiians and Other Pacific Islanders, % :||0.0%|
|% of people who have participated in two or more races :||8.5%|
|% of Hispanic or Latino :||1.2%|
|White people, not Hispanic or Latino people, make up the majority of the population. :||84.1%|
|2015-2019 Veterans :||453|
|Percentage of foreign-born people, 2015-2019 :||1.3%|
|Rate of owner-occupied housing units, 2015-2019 :||76.8%|
|Rate of owner-occupied housing units, 2015-2019 :||76.8%|
|Owner-occupied housing unit median value, 2015-2019 :||$152,000|
|From 2015 to 2019, the median selected monthly owner costs - with a mortgage :||$1,495|
|Monthly owner costs, without a mortgage, at the median, 2015-2019 :||$539|
|2015-2019 median gross rent :||$662|
|2015-2019 Households :||2,094|
|Population per household, 2015-2019 :||2.82|
|Living in the same house a year ago, percentage of people aged one year and up, 2015-2019 :||92.3%|
|Languages other than English spoken at home, as a percentage of people aged 5 and up, 2015-2019 :||2.3%|
|Households with computers, %, 2015-2019 :||93.2%|
|Percentage of households with a broadband Internet subscription, 2015-2019 :||90.4%|
|Percentage of people aged 25 and up with a high school diploma or higher, 2015-2019 :||97.0%|
|Bachelor's degree or higher, proportion of people aged 25 and up, 2015-2019 :||35.2%|
|Percentage of people under the age of 65 who have a disability, 2015-2019 :||3.7%|
|Persons under the age of 65 who do not have health insurance, as a percentage :||2.8%|
|Total civilian labor force, percent of population aged 16 and up, 2015-2019 :||68.6%|
|Female labor force participation in the civilian labor force, as a percentage of the population aged 16 and up, 2015-2019 :||62.5%|
|Total sales of lodging and food services in 2012 ($1,000) :||2,150|
|2012 total retail sales ($1,000) :||27,928|
|2012 total retail sales per capita :||$4,754|
|Mean commute time to work (in minutes), workers aged 16 and up, 2015-2019 :||18.8|
|2015-2019 median household income (in 2019 dollars) :||$85,765|
|Income per capita in the previous 12 months (in 2019 dollars), 2015-2019 :||$38,700|
|Percentage of people living in poverty :||6.6%|
|Total number of businesses in 2012 :||420|
|Men-owned businesses in 2012 :||277|
|Women-owned businesses in 2012 :||54|
|Minority-owned businesses in 2012 :||F|
|Non-minority-owned businesses in 2012 :||405|
|Veteran-owned businesses in 2012 :||31|
|Nonveteran-owned businesses in 2012 :||371|
|2010 population per square mile :||1,389.4|
|2010 land area in square miles :||4.20|
People born in Hudson (2)
Schools in Hudson
College & universities near Hudson, IA
|260910||Purdue University Global-Cedar Falls||Cedar Falls (IA)||50613|
Post offices near Hudson
|Post Office Name||City||ZIP|
|Hudson Post Office||Hudson (IA)||50643|
Other places with the same name (17)
- Hudson , New Hampshire town in New Hampshire with a population of 25,620 people.
- Hudson , Ohio city in Ohio with a population of 22,179 people.
- Hudson , Massachusetts town in Middlesex County, Massachusetts, United States with a population of 19,732 people.
- Hudson , Wisconsin city in and county seat of St. Croix County, Wisconsin with a population of 8,813 people.
- Hudson , New York city in New York, USA with a population of 6,017 people.
- Hudson , Texas city in Angelina County, Texas, United States with a population of 5,288 people.
- Hudson , North Carolina town in North Carolina with a population of 3,703 people.
- Hudson , Colorado Statutory Town in Weld County, Colorado, United States with a population of 2,768 people.
- Hudson , Michigan town in Michigan with a population of 2,195 people.
- Hudson , Illinois village in McLean County, Illinois, United States with a population of 1,810 people.
- Hudson , Maine town in Penobscot County, Maine, United States with a population of 1,499 people.
- Hudson , Indiana town in Steuben County, Indiana, United States with a population of 521 people.
- Hudson , Wyoming town in Fremont County, Wyoming, United States with a population of 443 people.
- Hudson , South Dakota town in South Dakota, United States of America with a population of 356 people.
- Hudson , Missouri unincorporated community in Missouri with a population of 238 people.
- Hudson , Kansas town in Stafford County, Kansas, United States with a population of 122 people.
Other cities in Black Hawk County
Cities, Towns, Neighborhoods & Other Populated Places in Black Hawk County , IA.
|Waterloo||67,292||City in Black Hawk County, Iowa, United States|
|Cedar Falls||40,231||City in Black Hawk County, Iowa|
|Evansdale||4,734||City in Black Hawk County, Iowa, United States of America|
|La Porte City||2,240||City in Black Hawk County, Iowa, United States of America|
|Elk Run Heights||1,135||City in Black Hawk County, Iowa, United States of America|
|Dunkerton||851||City in Black Hawk County, Iowa, United States of America|
|Raymond||788||City in Iowa|
|Gilbertville||725||City in Black Hawk County, Iowa, United States of America.|
Distance to Other Cities
Hudson distances to largest Iowa cities