Highlands Ranch, Colorado
Highlands Ranch: Census designated place
Highlands Ranch is a CDP located in the county of Douglas in the U.S. state of Colorado.
Enjoying Family-Friendly Living in Highlands Ranch, Colorado
Located just south of Denver, Highlands Ranch is an idyllic suburban community known for its excellent schools, beautiful parks, and family-friendly amenities.
Overview of Highlands Ranch
With a population of over 100,000 residents, Highlands Ranch spans over 31 square miles in Douglas County. It's situated between Chatfield Reservoir and Cherry Creek State Park. Highlands Ranch has dozens of spacious neighborhoods connected by miles of trails and open space.
Things to Do
Some of the top attractions and activities in Highlands Ranch include:
- Redstone Park - 60 acres of open space with ponds, trails, fields and playgrounds.
- Backcountry Wilderness Area - Over 1,000 acres of forests and meadows with hiking and horseback riding trails.
- Coffee Shops - The suburban community has great locally-owned coffee shops. Favorites include Red Rocks Cafe and Sweet Bloom Coffee Roasters.
- The Farm House - Family-fun farm park with flower picking, tractor rides, pumpkin patch, and cafe.
- Commerce Town Center - Open-air shopping center with major retailers, restaurants, and a movie theater.
Highlands Ranch offers high-ranking public schools in the Douglas County School District along with abundant kid-friendly amenities like pools, rec centers, and playgrounds. With its beautiful landscape and wealth of amenities, it's no wonder Highlands Ranch attracts so many families.
With scenic outdoor recreation paired with excellent suburban living, Highlands Ranch has something to offer all of its residents. The community provides a peaceful respite from the hustle of Denver.
Quick Facts about Highlands Ranch
|Country :||United States of America|
|State :||Colorado (United States)|
|County :||Douglas County|
|Postal code :||80163, 80126, 80130, 80129|
|Phone Area Codes :||303, 720|
|Water as percent of area :||0.12%|
|Land as percent of area :||99.88%|
|Altitude :||19,423 feet / 5920 meters|
|Time Zone :||UTC−07:00, Mountain Time Zone|
|Local time :||22:37:57 (22nd September 2023)|
|Weather :||48℉ Mostly Clear 7-days weather|
Highlands Ranch is located at 39°33'14"N 104°58'10"W (39.5538800, -104.9694300).
Highlands Ranch map
Highlands Ranch forecast: Mostly clear. Low around 48, with temperatures rising to around 51 overnight. South southwest wind around 8 mph, with gusts as high as 17 mph. more
- Official Website
Official website of Highlands Ranch
People born in Highlands Ranch (17)
- Taylor Kemp (American soccer player) he was born in 23/07/1990
- Ariel Turner (American volleyball player) she was born in 01/08/1991
- Ty Capps (professional golfer) he was born in 27/09/1983
- Lauren Van Orden (American volleyball player) she was born in 02/05/1990
- David Arnold (American basketball player) he was born in 11/10/1990
- Graham Smith (American soccer player, born 1995) he was born in 09/04/1994
- Sam Jones (American football player) he was born in 21/02/1996
- Ryan Burr (American baseball player) he was born in 28/05/1994
- Jake Pemberton (American basketball player) he was born in 12/01/1996
- Jacob Lissek (soccer player) he was born in 17/08/1992
- Jordan DiBiasi (association football player) she was born in 28/10/1996
- Ingrid Andress (American country music singer) she was born in 21/09/1991
- Jaret Townsend (football player) he was born in 29/01/1998
- Luke McCaffrey
Schools in Highlands Ranch
College & universities near Highlands Ranch, CO
|466161||National American University-Centennial||Centennial (CO)||80122-3157|
Amtrak & bus stations near Highlands Ranch, CO
|DEB||Denver (Bus Station), Colorado||1055 19th Street||BUS|
|DEN||Union Station||1701 Wynkoop Street||RAIL|
|PJT||Pine Junction, CO||76 Mount Evans Boulevard||BUS|
|BLD||Boulder, Colorado||30th & Diagonal Highway||BUS|
|LGM||Longmont, Colorado||623 Main St.||BUS|
Post offices near Highlands Ranch
|Post Office Name||City||ZIP|
|Centennial Post Office||Centennial (CO)||80122|
Other cities in Douglas County
Cities, towns, neighborhoods & other populated places in Douglas County , CO.
|Castle Rock||70,567||The most populous city in Douglas County, Colorado.|
|Parker||58,673||The most populous city in Douglas County, Colorado.|
|Castle Pines||11,664||City in Douglas County, Colorado, United States of America|
|The Pinery||10,517||Census designated place|
|Roxborough Park||9,099||Census designated place|
|Stonegate||8,962||Census-designated place in Douglas County, Colorado|
|Acres Green||3,007||Census-designated place (CDP) in northern Douglas County, Colorado, United States|
|Perry Park||1,646||Census-designated place in Douglas County, Colorado|
|Larkspur||203||Human settlement in Douglas County, Colorado, United States of America|
Distance to Other Cities
Highlands Ranch distances to largest Colorado cities