Denver: The twentieth most populous city in the United States and the center of the Denver metropolitan area. It is located in the Rocky Mountains in central Colorado. Denver is a major center for the financial services industry and is home to the Denver Broncos football team.
Denver is a city located in the county of Denver in the U.S. state of Colorado. Its population at the 2010 census was 600,158. After 10 years in 2020 city had an estimated population of 735,538 inhabitants.
The city was created 165 years ago in 1858.
Denver is the capital and most populous city in Colorado. As of July 29, 2023, Denver has an estimated population of 727,211. Here are some key facts about the city:
Denver was founded in 1858 during the Pikes Peak Gold Rush. It quickly grew as a mining town and became the Territorial Capital in 1867. Denver later became a railroad hub and financial center.
Denver is located along the South Platte River on the western edge of the Great Plains. The Rocky Mountains are visible to the west. Denver has a semi-arid climate with four seasons.
Denver has a diverse economy with key industries in energy, aerospace, financial services, healthcare, and natural resource extraction. Major corporations are based there.
Culture & Entertainment
Denver is known for outdoor activities like skiing and hiking with close proximity to the Rocky Mountains. The city has professional sports teams and arts/music venues.
The Denver metro area has experienced rapid population growth over the past two decades. Denver has a young, active, educated population with many recent transplants.
In summary, Denver is a vibrant hub for business, transportation, arts, and recreation in the Rocky Mountain region, offering urban opportunities with easy access to the outdoors.
Quick Facts about Denver
|Population :||735,538 (2020)|
|Country :||United States of America|
|State :||Colorado (United States)|
|County :||Denver County|
|Different from :||Chicago|
|Twitter username :||cityofdenver|
|Postal code :||80290–80291, 80033, 80273–80274, 80299, 80014, 80127, 80293–80295, 80279–80281, 80123, 80012, 80246–80252, 80256–80266, 80241, 80022, 80201–80212, 80243–80244, 80214–80239, 80271|
|Water as percent of area :||1.06%|
|Land as percent of area :||98.94%|
|Altitude :||5,279 feet / 1609 meters|
|Capital city :||Denver is capital of Colorado|
|Establishment :||November 11, 1858 (165 years ago)|
|Time Zone :||UTC−07:00|
|Local time :||10:56:02 (29th November 2023)|
|Population growth :||18.41% (2010-2020)|
|Weather :||22℉ Mostly Clear 7-days weather|
Michael Hancock ,
- Brest (1959 )
- Chennai (1984 )
- La Paz
- Nairobi (1975 )
The population of Denver increased by 18.41% in 10 years.
Other Places in Denver
1 Denver City Council
1437 Bannock St rm 451, Denver, CO 80202 ➦ Show Map
☎ +17203372000 🔗 Url
2 Town Of Mountain View
4176 Benton St, Denver, CO 80212 ➦ Show Map
☎ +17206688447 🔗 Url
3 District 6 City Council
2324 E Exposition Ave, Denver, CO 80209 ➦ Show Map
☎ +13038710601 🔗 Url
4 Denver City Council, District 9
2855 Tremont Pl #201, Denver, CO 80205 ➦ Show Map
☎ +17203377709 🔗 Url
5 City and County of Denver: District 2 Office
3100 S Sheridan Blvd Unit D, Denver, CO 80227 ➦ Show Map
☎ +17203372222 🔗 Url
6 Denver City Council
4200 Morrison Rd, Denver, CO 80219 ➦ Show Map
☎ +13039227755 🔗 Url
7 Urban Agriculture Project
4900 W 29th Ave, Denver, CO 80212, United States ➦ Show Map
☎ +13034597750 🔗 Url
8 Measurement Standards
3125 Wyandot St, Denver, CO 80211, United States ➦ Show Map
☎ +13034774220 🔗 Url
9 USDA, Natural Resources Conservation Service (NRCS), Colorado State Office
Denver Federal Center Bldg. 56 RM.2604, Denver, CO 80225, United States ➦ Show Map
☎ +17205442810 🔗 Url
People born in Denver (200)
- AnnaSophia Robb (American actress, singer, and model) she was born in 08/12/1993
- Doug Berndt (figure skater) he was born in 10/09/1949
- Bill Ritter (American politician) he was born in 06/09/1956
- Catherine Gallagher (Eggers Professor of English Literature, University of California at Berkeley) she was born in 16/02/1945
- Tom Tancredo (American politician) he was born in 20/12/1945
- Pat Hingle (actor (1924-2009)) he was born in 19/07/1924
- Dean Reed (singer, musician, actor, writer, director (1938-1986)) he was born in 22/09/1938
- Keith Andrews (American racecar driver) he was born in 15/06/1920
- Cassidey (American movie actress) she was born in 24/12/1980
- David Fincher (American film director) he was born in 10/05/1962
- Barbara Bates (actress (1925-1969)) she was born in 06/08/1925
- John L. Hall (American physicist) he was born in 21/08/1934
- Tim Allen (American actor and comedian) he was born in 13/06/1953
- John David Jackson (American boxer) he was born in 17/05/1963
- Connie Willis (American science fiction writer) she was born in 31/12/1945
- Debra Paget (American actress) she was born in 19/08/1933
- Jane Lubchenco (American ecologist) she was born in 04/12/1947
- Ruth Handler (American businesswoman) she was born in 04/11/1916
Schools in Denver
College & universities near Denver, CO
|459277||Aveda Institute-Denver||Denver (CO)||80202|
|126942||Community College of Denver||Denver (CO)||80204-2026|
|127158||Emily Griffith Technical College||Denver (CO)||80203|
|381352||Colorado School of Traditional Chinese Medicine||Denver (CO)||80206|
|381361||Massage Therapy Institute of Colorado||Denver (CO)||80206|
Amtrak & bus stations near Denver, CO
|DEB||Denver (Bus Station), Colorado||1055 19th Street||BUS|
|DEN||Union Station||1701 Wynkoop Street||RAIL|
|BLD||Boulder, Colorado||30th & Diagonal Highway||BUS|
|PJT||Pine Junction, CO||76 Mount Evans Boulevard||BUS|
|LGM||Longmont, Colorado||623 Main St.||BUS|
Post offices near Denver
|Post Office Name||City||ZIP|
|Capitol Hill Annex Post Office||Denver (CO)||80218|
|Denver Post Office||Denver (CO)||80202|
|Mile High Post Office||Denver (CO)||80204|
|Cherry Creek Post Office||Denver (CO)||80206|
|South Denver Post Office||Denver (CO)||80209|
Other places with the same name (7)
- Denver , Pennsylvania borough in northeastern Lancaster County, Pennsylvania, United States with a population of 3,831 people.
- Denver , North Carolina township in Lincoln County, North Carolina with a population of 2,309 people.
- Denver , Iowa city in Iowa, US with a population of 1,879 people.
- Denver , Indiana town in Indiana, United States with a population of 462 people.
- Denver , Illinois human settlement in Illinois, United States of America with a population of 390 people.
- Denver , Missouri village in Missouri, United States with a population of 35 people.
Distance to Other Cities
Denver distances to largest Colorado cities