Columbus Adams County, Illinois
Columbus: Village in Adams County, Illinois, United States
Columbus is a village located in the county of Adams in the U.S. state of Illinois. Its population at the 2010 census was 99 and a population density of 396 people per km². After 10 years in 2020 city had an estimated population of 96 inhabitants.
Columbus Quick Facts
|Population :||96 (2020)|
|Country :||United States of America|
|State :||Illinois (United States)|
|County :||Adams County|
|Plate code :||217|
|Area :||0.25 km2|
|Time Zone :||America/Chicago|
|Local time :||02:33:09 (22nd January 2022)|
|Density :||384 Pop. per km² as of 2020|
|Population growth :||-3.13% (2010-2020)|
Columbus is located at 39°59'17"N 91°8'49"W (39.9881000, -91.1468100).
According to census records, the population of Columbus decreased by 3.13% in 10 years.
|Estimated population as of July 1, 2019 :||13,459|
|Based on demographic estimates as of April 1, 2010 :||13,161|
|Based on demographic estimates as of 1 April 2010 :||2.3%|
|April 1, 2020 Population :||12,701|
|April 1, 2010 Population :||13,156|
|People under 5 years old, percentage :||9.6%|
|People under 18 years old, percentage :||22.4%|
|People over 65 (%) :||16.7%|
|Female persons, % :||51.3%|
|White only, percent :||80.1%|
|Black or African American alone, percent :||1.9%|
|American Indian and Alaska Native only, % :||0.6%|
|Asians alone % :||3.9%|
|Only Native Hawaiians and Other Pacific Islanders, % :||0.5%|
|% of people who have participated in two or more races :||4.4%|
|% of Hispanic or Latino :||31.5%|
|White people, not Hispanic or Latino people, make up the majority of the population. :||60.5%|
|2015-2019 Veterans :||879|
|Percentage of foreign-born people, 2015-2019 :||8.7%|
|Rate of owner-occupied housing units, 2015-2019 :||51.5%|
|Rate of owner-occupied housing units, 2015-2019 :||51.5%|
|Owner-occupied housing unit median value, 2015-2019 :||$493,700|
|From 2015 to 2019, the median selected monthly owner costs - with a mortgage :||$2,189|
|Monthly owner costs, without a mortgage, at the median, 2015-2019 :||$411|
|2015-2019 median gross rent :||$1,481|
|2015-2019 Households :||5,307|
|Population per household, 2015-2019 :||2.54|
|Living in the same house a year ago, percentage of people aged one year and up, 2015-2019 :||84.5%|
|Languages other than English spoken at home, as a percentage of people aged 5 and up, 2015-2019 :||19.8%|
|Households with computers, %, 2015-2019 :||94.7%|
|Percentage of households with a broadband Internet subscription, 2015-2019 :||91.7%|
|Percentage of people aged 25 and up with a high school diploma or higher, 2015-2019 :||92.3%|
|Bachelor's degree or higher, proportion of people aged 25 and up, 2015-2019 :||31.6%|
|Percentage of people under the age of 65 who have a disability, 2015-2019 :||8.9%|
|Persons under the age of 65 who do not have health insurance, as a percentage :||10.3%|
|Total civilian labor force, percent of population aged 16 and up, 2015-2019 :||65.1%|
|Female labor force participation in the civilian labor force, as a percentage of the population aged 16 and up, 2015-2019 :||61.8%|
|Total sales of lodging and food services in 2012 ($1,000) :||21,883|
|Total receipts/revenue for health care and social assistance in 2012 ($1,000) :||26,252|
|Manufacturers' total shipments in 2012 ($1,000) :||51,807|
|2012 total retail sales ($1,000) :||95,898|
|2012 total retail sales per capita :||$7,188|
|Mean commute time to work (in minutes), workers aged 16 and up, 2015-2019 :||20.5|
|2015-2019 median household income (in 2019 dollars) :||$64,217|
|Income per capita in the previous 12 months (in 2019 dollars), 2015-2019 :||$33,768|
|Percentage of people living in poverty :||13.6%|
|Total number of businesses in 2012 :||1,518|
|Men-owned businesses in 2012 :||816|
|Women-owned businesses in 2012 :||428|
|Minority-owned businesses in 2012 :||376|
|Non-minority-owned businesses in 2012 :||1,113|
|Veteran-owned businesses in 2012 :||170|
|Nonveteran-owned businesses in 2012 :||1,279|
|2010 population per square mile :||5,695.1|
|2010 land area in square miles :||2.31|
Schools in Columbus
College & universities near Columbus, IL
|143297||Blessing Rieman College of Nursing and Health Sciences||Quincy (IL)||62305-7005|
Amtrak & bus stations near Columbus, IL
|QCY||Quincy||North 30th St. and Wisman Lane||RAIL|
|MAC||Macomb||120 East Calhoun Street||RAIL|
|FMD||Fort Madison station||1601 20th Street||RAIL|
|BRL||Burlington||300 South Main Street||RAIL|
|LAP||La Plata||535 N. Owensby St.||RAIL|
Post offices near Columbus
|Post Office Name||City||ZIP|
|Camp Poin Post Office||Camp Point (IL)||62320|
Other places with the same name (18)
- Columbus , Ohio capital city of Ohio, United States with a population of 884,356 people.
- Columbus , Georgia consolidated city-county in Muscogee County, Georgia, United States with a population of 196,442 people.
- Columbus , Indiana city in Bartholomew County, Indiana, United States with a population of 48,445 people.
- Columbus , Mississippi county seat of Lowndes County, Mississippi, United States with a population of 23,307 people.
- Columbus , Minnesota city in Anoka County, Minnesota, United States with a population of 4,211 people.
- Columbus , Michigan township in St. Clair County, Michigan with a population of 4,038 people.
- Columbus , Texas city in Colorado County, Texas, United States with a population of 3,699 people.
- Columbus , Kansas city in Cherokee County, Kansas, United States with a population of 3,006 people.
- Columbus , Nebraska city in Platte County, Nebraska, United States with a population of 2,923 people.
- Columbus , Montana town in Stillwater County, Montana, United States with a population of 2,117 people.
- Columbus , Pennsylvania census-designated place in Warren County, Pennsylvania with a population of 1,899 people.
- Columbus , New Mexico village in Luna County, New Mexico, United States with a population of 1,622 people.
- Columbus , North Carolina town in Polk County, North Carolina, United States with a population of 1,007 people.
- Columbus , New York town in Chenango County, New York, United States with a population of 922 people.
- Columbus , Wisconsin city in Columbia and Dodge counties in Wisconsin, United States with a population of 652 people.
- Columbus , Kentucky city in Hickman County, Kentucky, United States with a population of 150 people.
- Columbus , North Dakota city in Burke County, North Dakota, United States with a population of 139 people.
Other cities in Adams County
Cities, Towns, Neighborhoods & Other Populated Places in Adams County , IL. (more)
|Quincy||39,589||County seat of Adams County, Illinois, United States|
|Spring Valley||5,065||City in Illinois, United States|
|Adams||1,536||Civil town in Adams County, Wisconsin|
|Kingston||1,160||Village in Illinois, USA|
|Camp Point||1,080||Village in Adams County, Illinois, United States|
|Payson||980||Village in Illinois, United States|
|Mendon||948||Village in Illinois|
|Burton||862||Human settlement in United States of America|
|Clayton||668||City in Illinois, United States of America|
|Golden||611||City in Illinois, United States of America|
|Ursa||596||Village in Adams County, Illinois, United States|
|Fall Creek||513||Unincorporated community in Illinois, United States|
|Liberty||500||Village in Illinois, United States|
|Beverly||390||Unincorporated community in Illinois|
|Richfield||389||Township in Adams County, Illinois|
|Loraine||278||Human settlement in Illinois, United States of America|