Clayton, Norton County, Kansas
Clayton: City in Norton County, Kansas, United States
Clayton is a city located in the county of Norton in the U.S. state of Kansas. Its population at the 2010 census was 59 and a population density of 53 people per km². After 10 years in 2020 city had an estimated population of 54 inhabitants.
Quick Facts about Clayton
|Population :||54 (2020)|
|Country :||United States of America|
|State :||Kansas (United States)|
|County :||Norton County|
|Postal code :||67629|
|Area :||1.1 km2|
|Altitude :||2,418 feet / 737 meters|
|Time Zone :||America/Chicago|
|Local time :||17:47:25 (7th December 2022)|
|Density :||49 Pop. per km² as of 2020|
|Population growth :||-9.26% (2010-2020)|
Clayton is located at 39°44'15"N 100°10'40"W (39.7375000, -100.1776400).
According to census records, the population of Clayton decreased by 9.26% in 10 years.
|Estimated population as of July 1, 2019 :||5,660|
|Based on demographic estimates as of April 1, 2010 :||6,164|
|Based on demographic estimates as of 1 April 2010 :||-8.2%|
|April 1, 2020 Population :||6,086|
|April 1, 2010 Population :||6,220|
|People under 5 years old, percentage :||5.8%|
|People under 18 years old, percentage :||24.5%|
|People over 65 (%) :||17.0%|
|Female persons, % :||53.0%|
|White only, percent :||98.0%|
|Black or African American alone, percent :||0.0%|
|American Indian and Alaska Native only, % :||0.3%|
|Asians alone % :||0.0%|
|Only Native Hawaiians and Other Pacific Islanders, % :||0.0%|
|% of people who have participated in two or more races :||1.7%|
|% of Hispanic or Latino :||2.4%|
|White people, not Hispanic or Latino people, make up the majority of the population. :||95.7%|
|2015-2019 Veterans :||500|
|Percentage of foreign-born people, 2015-2019 :||0.9%|
|Rate of owner-occupied housing units, 2015-2019 :||71.9%|
|Rate of owner-occupied housing units, 2015-2019 :||71.9%|
|Owner-occupied housing unit median value, 2015-2019 :||$60,500|
|From 2015 to 2019, the median selected monthly owner costs - with a mortgage :||$802|
|Monthly owner costs, without a mortgage, at the median, 2015-2019 :||$330|
|2015-2019 median gross rent :||$633|
|2015-2019 Households :||2,555|
|Population per household, 2015-2019 :||2.27|
|Living in the same house a year ago, percentage of people aged one year and up, 2015-2019 :||90.7%|
|Languages other than English spoken at home, as a percentage of people aged 5 and up, 2015-2019 :||2.4%|
|Households with computers, %, 2015-2019 :||84.7%|
|Percentage of households with a broadband Internet subscription, 2015-2019 :||75.6%|
|Percentage of people aged 25 and up with a high school diploma or higher, 2015-2019 :||88.8%|
|Bachelor's degree or higher, proportion of people aged 25 and up, 2015-2019 :||12.1%|
|Percentage of people under the age of 65 who have a disability, 2015-2019 :||20.3%|
|Persons under the age of 65 who do not have health insurance, as a percentage :||6.7%|
|Total civilian labor force, percent of population aged 16 and up, 2015-2019 :||54.2%|
|Female labor force participation in the civilian labor force, as a percentage of the population aged 16 and up, 2015-2019 :||49.8%|
|Total sales of lodging and food services in 2012 ($1,000) :||3,395|
|Total receipts/revenue for health care and social assistance in 2012 ($1,000) :||22,177|
|Manufacturers' total shipments in 2012 ($1,000) :||194,738|
|2012 total retail sales ($1,000) :||56,033|
|2012 total retail sales per capita :||$9,199|
|Mean commute time to work (in minutes), workers aged 16 and up, 2015-2019 :||22.4|
|2015-2019 median household income (in 2019 dollars) :||$34,850|
|Income per capita in the previous 12 months (in 2019 dollars), 2015-2019 :||$22,680|
|Percentage of people living in poverty :||15.9%|
|Total number of businesses in 2012 :||323|
|Men-owned businesses in 2012 :||152|
|Women-owned businesses in 2012 :||65|
|Minority-owned businesses in 2012 :||F|
|Non-minority-owned businesses in 2012 :||291|
|Veteran-owned businesses in 2012 :||F|
|Nonveteran-owned businesses in 2012 :||266|
|2010 population per square mile :||1,605.0|
|2010 land area in square miles :||3.88|
Amtrak & bus stations near Clayton, KS
|MCK||McCook||101 Norris Ave.||RAIL|
|HLD||Holdrege||100 West Ave.||RAIL|
Post offices near Clayton
|Post Office Name||City||ZIP|
|Norcatur Post Office||Norcatur (KS)||67653|
Other places with the same name (20)
- Clayton , North Carolina town in North Carolina with a population of 26,458 people.
- Clayton , Missouri inner-ring suburb of St. Louis, Missouri, United States with a population of 16,775 people.
- Clayton , California city in California, United States with a population of 11,527 people.
- Clayton , New Jersey borough in Gloucester County, New Jersey with a population of 8,759 people.
- Clayton , New York village in Jefferson County, New York, United States with a population of 4,647 people.
- Clayton , Wisconsin village in Polk County, Wisconsin with a population of 4,227 people.
- Clayton , Delaware town in Delaware, United States with a population of 3,630 people.
- Clayton , Alabama town in Alabama, United States of America with a population of 2,829 people.
- Clayton , New Mexico town in New Mexico with a population of 2,660 people.
- Clayton , Georgia county seat in Rabun County, Georgia, USA with a population of 2,103 people.
- Clayton , Ohio city in Ohio, United States with a population of 1,574 people.
- Clayton , Indiana town in Indiana, United States with a population of 1,032 people.
- Clayton , Oklahoma town in Oklahoma, United States with a population of 776 people.
- Clayton , Illinois city in Illinois, United States of America with a population of 668 people.
- Clayton , Louisiana town in Concordia Parish, Louisiana, United States with a population of 623 people.
- Clayton , Michigan village in Michigan, United States with a population of 328 people.
- Clayton , South Dakota township in Hutchinson County, South Dakota with a population of 91 people.
- Clayton , Iowa city in Iowa, United States with a population of 39 people.
- Clayton , Idaho city in Idaho, United States with a population of 8 people.
Other cities in Norton County
Cities, Towns, Neighborhoods & Other Populated Places in Norton County , KS.
|Norton||2,709||City in Norton County, Kansas|
|Almena||376||City in Norton County, Kansas, United States|
|Lenora||229||City in Norton County, Kansas, United States|
|Edmond||46||Human settlement in Norton County, Kansas, United States of America|