Bloomfield, New Mexico
Bloomfield: City in San Juan County, New Mexico, United States
Bloomfield is a city located in the county of San Juan in the U.S. state of New Mexico. Its population at the 2010 census was 8,112 and a population density of 394 people per km². After 10 years in 2020 city had an estimated population of 7,643 inhabitants.
Quick Facts about Bloomfield
|Population :||7,643 (2020)|
|Country :||United States of America|
|State :||New Mexico (United States)|
|County :||San Juan County|
|Postal code :||87413|
|Phone Area Codes :||505|
|Area :||20.6 km2|
|Altitude :||5,456 feet / 1663 meters|
|Time Zone :||Mountain Time Zone|
|Local time :||09:52:04 (7th December 2023)|
|Density :||371 Pop. per km² as of 2020|
|Population growth :||-6.14% (2010-2020)|
|Weather :||25℉ Mostly Clear 7-days weather|
According to census records, the population of Bloomfield decreased by 6.14% in 10 years.
|Estimated population as of July 1, 2019 :||7,229|
|Based on demographic estimates as of April 1, 2010 :||7,006|
|Based on demographic estimates as of 1 April 2010 :||3.2%|
|April 1, 2020 Population :||7,414|
|April 1, 2010 Population :||7,002|
|People under 5 years old, percentage :||7.2%|
|People under 18 years old, percentage :||19.7%|
|People over 65 (%) :||16.0%|
|Female persons, % :||51.0%|
|White only, percent :||92.2%|
|Black or African American alone, percent :||4.6%|
|American Indian and Alaska Native only, % :||0.4%|
|Asians alone % :||0.0%|
|Only Native Hawaiians and Other Pacific Islanders, % :||0.0%|
|% of people who have participated in two or more races :||1.9%|
|% of Hispanic or Latino :||2.7%|
|White people, not Hispanic or Latino people, make up the majority of the population. :||91.2%|
|2015-2019 Veterans :||368|
|Percentage of foreign-born people, 2015-2019 :||0.5%|
|Rate of owner-occupied housing units, 2015-2019 :||60.3%|
|Rate of owner-occupied housing units, 2015-2019 :||60.3%|
|Owner-occupied housing unit median value, 2015-2019 :||$144,200|
|From 2015 to 2019, the median selected monthly owner costs - with a mortgage :||$1,229|
|Monthly owner costs, without a mortgage, at the median, 2015-2019 :||$438|
|2015-2019 median gross rent :||$695|
|2015-2019 Households :||2,642|
|Population per household, 2015-2019 :||2.26|
|Living in the same house a year ago, percentage of people aged one year and up, 2015-2019 :||89.6%|
|Languages other than English spoken at home, as a percentage of people aged 5 and up, 2015-2019 :||0.5%|
|Households with computers, %, 2015-2019 :||88.2%|
|Percentage of households with a broadband Internet subscription, 2015-2019 :||77.8%|
|Percentage of people aged 25 and up with a high school diploma or higher, 2015-2019 :||83.1%|
|Bachelor's degree or higher, proportion of people aged 25 and up, 2015-2019 :||16.2%|
|Percentage of people under the age of 65 who have a disability, 2015-2019 :||12.1%|
|Persons under the age of 65 who do not have health insurance, as a percentage :||12.1%|
|Total civilian labor force, percent of population aged 16 and up, 2015-2019 :||63.1%|
|Female labor force participation in the civilian labor force, as a percentage of the population aged 16 and up, 2015-2019 :||58.7%|
|Total sales of lodging and food services in 2012 ($1,000) :||9,238|
|Manufacturers' total shipments in 2012 ($1,000) :||470,748|
|2012 total retail sales ($1,000) :||102,330|
|2012 total retail sales per capita :||$14,554|
|Mean commute time to work (in minutes), workers aged 16 and up, 2015-2019 :||26.7|
|2015-2019 median household income (in 2019 dollars) :||$49,142|
|Income per capita in the previous 12 months (in 2019 dollars), 2015-2019 :||$24,823|
|Percentage of people living in poverty :||14.7%|
|Total number of businesses in 2012 :||426|
|Men-owned businesses in 2012 :||208|
|Women-owned businesses in 2012 :||172|
|Minority-owned businesses in 2012 :||F|
|Non-minority-owned businesses in 2012 :||383|
|Veteran-owned businesses in 2012 :||48|
|Nonveteran-owned businesses in 2012 :||354|
|2010 population per square mile :||1,182.1|
|2010 land area in square miles :||5.92|
Schools in Bloomfield
College & universities near Bloomfield, NM
|188100||San Juan College||Farmington (NM)||87402-4699|
Post offices near Bloomfield
|Post Office Name||City||ZIP|
|Bloomfield Post Office||Bloomfield (NM)||87413|
Other places with the same name (13)
- Bloomfield , New Jersey township in Essex County, New Jersey, United States with a population of 49,810 people.
- Bloomfield , Connecticut town in Hartford County, Connecticut, USA with a population of 21,182 people.
- Bloomfield , Iowa city in and seat of Davis County, Iowa, USA with a population of 2,694 people.
- Bloomfield , Indiana town in Richland Township, Greene County, Indiana, USA with a population of 2,394 people.
- Bloomfield , Missouri city in Stoddard County, Missouri, USA with a population of 1,819 people.
- Bloomfield , New York human settlement in Ontario County, New York, United States of America with a population of 1,303 people.
- Bloomfield , Pennsylvania borough in Perry County, Pennsylvania, USA with a population of 1,255 people.
- Bloomfield , Ohio township in Trumbull County, Ohio with a population of 1,235 people.
- Bloomfield , Kentucky city in Nelson County, Kentucky, USA with a population of 1,083 people.
- Bloomfield , Nebraska city in Knox County, Nebraska, United States with a population of 944 people.
- Bloomfield , Michigan township in Oakland County, Michigan, USA with a population of 552 people.
- Bloomfield , Vermont town in Essex County, Vermont, USA with a population of 234 people.
Other cities in San Juan County
Cities, towns, neighborhoods & other populated places in San Juan County , NM.
|Farmington||44,156||Town in Hartford County, Connecticut, United States|
|Shiprock||8,295||Census-designated place in San Juan County, New Mexico, United States|
|Aztec||6,332||City in New Mexico, USA|
|Upper Fruitland||1,662||Census-designated place in San Juan County, New Mexico, United States|
|Kirtland||598||City in Ohio|
Distance to Other Cities
Bloomfield distances to largest New Mexico cities