York, New York
York: Town in Livingston County, New York, United States
York is a town located in the county of Livingston in the U.S. state of New York. Its population at the 2010 census was 3,397 and a population density of 69 people per km². After 10 years in 2020 city had an estimated population of 3,192 inhabitants.
Quick Facts about York
|Population :||3,192 (2020)|
|Country :||United States of America|
|State :||New York (United States)|
|County :||Livingston County|
|Postal code :||14592|
|Phone Area Codes :||585|
|Area :||49.11 km2|
|Altitude :||768 feet / 234 meters|
|Time Zone :||America/New_York|
|Local time :||13:46:45 (29th November 2023)|
|Density :||65 Pop. per km² as of 2020|
|Population growth :||-6.42% (2010-2020)|
York is located at 42°52'16"N 77°53'7"W (42.8711700, -77.8852800).
According to census records, the population of York decreased by 6.42% in 10 years.
People born in York (8)
- Cornelius R. Parsons (American politician) he was born in 22/05/1842
- Harlan W. Rippey (United States federal judge) he was born in 08/09/1874
- Connor Knapp (American ice hockey goaltender) he was born in 01/05/1990
- William Blaikie (American author) he was born in 24/05/1843
- Henry L. Ward (American museum director and naturalist) he was born in 01/01/1863
Schools in York
College & universities near York, NY
|196167||SUNY College at Geneseo||Geneseo (NY)||14454-1465|
|488305||Elim Bible Institute and College||Lima (NY)||14485-9704|
|191339||Genesee Community College||Batavia (NY)||14020|
|439817||Northeastern Seminary||Rochester (NY)||14624|
|195003||Rochester Institute of Technology||Rochester (NY)||14623-5603|
Amtrak & bus stations near York, NY
|ROC||Louise M. Slaughter Rochester Station||320 Central Avenue||RAIL|
|BUF||Buffalo–Depew station||55 Dick Road||RAIL|
|BFX||Buffalo–Exchange Street||75 Exchange Street||RAIL|
|NFL||Niagara Falls Station and Customhouse Interpretive Center||27th St. and Lockport Rd.||RAIL|
Other places with the same name (12)
- York , Pennsylvania county seat of York County, Pennsylvania, United States with a population of 28,768 people.
- York , South Carolina city in South Carolina with a population of 8,637 people.
- York , Nebraska city in Nebraska, USA with a population of 7,783 people.
- York , Alabama city in Alabama, United States of America with a population of 2,218 people.
- York , Wisconsin town in Clark County, Wisconsin, USA with a population of 932 people.
- York , Illinois town in Clark County, Wisconsin, USA with a population of 853 people.
- York , Indiana city in Indiana, United States of America with a population of 746 people.
- York , Ohio city in United States of America with a population of 475 people.
- York , Minnesota township in Fillmore County, Minnesota with a population of 386 people.
- York , Missouri unincorporated community in Atchison County, Missouri with a population of 204 people.
- York , North Dakota city in North Dakota, USA with a population of 26 people.
Other cities in Livingston County
Cities, towns, neighborhoods & other populated places in Livingston County , NY. (more)
|Glenville||29,287||City in Schenectady County, New York, United States of America|
|Geneseo||10,450||City in Illinois|
|Livonia||7,533||Town in New York|
|Dansville||4,334||Village in the town of North Dansville, Livingston County, New York|
|Avon||3,546||City in Livingston County, New York, United States of America|
|Groveland||3,163||City in Livingston County, New York, United States of America|
|Mount Morris||2,761||Village in Livingston County, New York, United States|
|Conesus||2,342||City in Livingston County, New York, United States of America|
|Springwater||2,233||City in Livingston County, New York, United States of America|
|Leicester||2,071||Town in Livingston County, New York, United States|
|Lima||2,011||City in Livingston County, New York, United States of America|
|Caledonia||1,995||City in New York, United States of America|
|Nunda||1,591||Town in South Dakota, United States of America|
|Tuscarora||1,433||City in Steuben County, New York, United States of America|
|West Sparta||1,226||City in Livingston County, New York, United States of America|
|Ossian||732||City in Livingston County, New York, United States of America|
Distance to Other Cities
York distances to largest New York cities