Taylor: Town in Arizona - United States
Taylor is a town located in the county of Navajo in the U.S. state of Arizona. Its population at the 2010 census was 4,112. After 10 years in 2020 city had an estimated population of 4,363 inhabitants.
The town was created 145 years ago in 1877.
Quick Facts about Taylor
|Population :||4,363 (2020)|
|Country :||United States of America|
|State :||Arizona (United States)|
|County :||Navajo County|
|Postal code :||85939|
|Phone Area Codes :||928|
|Water as percent of area :||0.07%|
|Land as percent of area :||99.93%|
|Altitude :||18,901 feet / 5761 meters|
|Establishment :||January 01, 1878 (145 years ago)|
|Time Zone :||Mountain Time Zone|
|Local time :||14:37:03 (22nd September 2023)|
|Population growth :||5.75% (2010-2020)|
|Weather :||47℉ Partly Cloudy 7-days weather|
The population of Taylor increased by 5.75% in 10 years.
|Estimated population as of July 1, 2019 :||11,442|
|Based on demographic estimates as of April 1, 2010 :||10,667|
|Based on demographic estimates as of 1 April 2010 :||7.3%|
|April 1, 2020 Population :||11,732|
|April 1, 2010 Population :||10,660|
|People under 5 years old, percentage :||8.6%|
|People under 18 years old, percentage :||25.0%|
|People over 65 (%) :||23.5%|
|Female persons, % :||51.7%|
|White only, percent :||88.6%|
|Black or African American alone, percent :||0.4%|
|American Indian and Alaska Native only, % :||2.2%|
|Asians alone % :||1.0%|
|Only Native Hawaiians and Other Pacific Islanders, % :||0.0%|
|% of people who have participated in two or more races :||1.9%|
|% of Hispanic or Latino :||19.7%|
|White people, not Hispanic or Latino people, make up the majority of the population. :||75.3%|
|2015-2019 Veterans :||1,029|
|Percentage of foreign-born people, 2015-2019 :||6.9%|
|Rate of owner-occupied housing units, 2015-2019 :||61.3%|
|Rate of owner-occupied housing units, 2015-2019 :||61.3%|
|Owner-occupied housing unit median value, 2015-2019 :||$170,800|
|From 2015 to 2019, the median selected monthly owner costs - with a mortgage :||$1,146|
|Monthly owner costs, without a mortgage, at the median, 2015-2019 :||$407|
|2015-2019 median gross rent :||$930|
|2015-2019 Households :||4,377|
|Population per household, 2015-2019 :||2.52|
|Living in the same house a year ago, percentage of people aged one year and up, 2015-2019 :||75.8%|
|Languages other than English spoken at home, as a percentage of people aged 5 and up, 2015-2019 :||14.1%|
|Households with computers, %, 2015-2019 :||95.6%|
|Percentage of households with a broadband Internet subscription, 2015-2019 :||82.2%|
|Percentage of people aged 25 and up with a high school diploma or higher, 2015-2019 :||90.1%|
|Bachelor's degree or higher, proportion of people aged 25 and up, 2015-2019 :||22.2%|
|Percentage of people under the age of 65 who have a disability, 2015-2019 :||11.2%|
|Persons under the age of 65 who do not have health insurance, as a percentage :||18.3%|
|Total civilian labor force, percent of population aged 16 and up, 2015-2019 :||51.7%|
|Female labor force participation in the civilian labor force, as a percentage of the population aged 16 and up, 2015-2019 :||50.1%|
|Total receipts/revenue for health care and social assistance in 2012 ($1,000) :||194,017|
|2012 total retail sales ($1,000) :||448,557|
|2012 total retail sales per capita :||$41,827|
|Mean commute time to work (in minutes), workers aged 16 and up, 2015-2019 :||15.2|
|2015-2019 median household income (in 2019 dollars) :||$46,310|
|Income per capita in the previous 12 months (in 2019 dollars), 2015-2019 :||$25,014|
|Percentage of people living in poverty :||20.0%|
|Total number of businesses in 2012 :||1,201|
|Men-owned businesses in 2012 :||505|
|Women-owned businesses in 2012 :||452|
|Minority-owned businesses in 2012 :||120|
|Non-minority-owned businesses in 2012 :||982|
|Veteran-owned businesses in 2012 :||116|
|Nonveteran-owned businesses in 2012 :||895|
|2010 population per square mile :||260.4|
|2010 land area in square miles :||40.94|
People born in Taylor (1)
American judge Renz L. Jennings was born in Taylor
Schools in Taylor
College & universities near Taylor, AZ
|105349||Northland Pioneer College||Holbrook (AZ)||86025-0610|
Amtrak & bus stations near Taylor, AZ
|WLO||Winslow||501 East Second Street||RAIL|
Post offices near Taylor
|Post Office Name||City||ZIP|
|Taylor Post Office||Taylor (AZ)||85939|
Other places with the same name (14)
- Taylor , Michigan The most populous city in Wayne County, Michigan. It is located in the eastern part of the state. Taylor is known for its many parks and green spaces, its many historical sites, and its many attractions, such as the Taylor Historical Museum and the Taylor Sportsplex. with a population of 60,576 people.
- Taylor , Texas city in Texas, United States with a population of 17,921 people.
- Taylor , Pennsylvania borough in Pennsylvania, United States with a population of 5,879 people.
- Taylor , Alabama town in Alabama, United States with a population of 2,440 people.
- Taylor , Illinois township of Illinois with a population of 908 people.
- Taylor , Indiana city in Indiana, United States of America with a population of 798 people.
- Taylor , Arkansas city in Arkansas, United States with a population of 562 people.
- Taylor , New York town in New York, United States with a population of 488 people.
- Taylor , Wisconsin village in Wisconsin, United States with a population of 473 people.
- Taylor , Mississippi village in Mississippi, United States with a population of 457 people.
- Taylor , Nebraska village in Nebraska - United States with a population of 196 people.
- Taylor , North Dakota city in North Dakota, United States with a population of 171 people.
- Taylor , Missouri unincorporated community in Missouri, United States with a population of 166 people.
Other cities in Navajo County
Cities, towns, neighborhoods & other populated places in Navajo County , AZ.
|Show Low||11,578||City in Navajo County, Arizona, United States of America|
|Winslow||9,659||City in Navajo County, Arizona, United States|
|Snowflake||6,114||Town in Arizona, United States of America|
|Kayenta||5,189||Census designated place in Navajo County, Arizona, United States|
|Holbrook||5,090||City in and county seat of Navajo County, Arizona, United States|
|Pinetop-Lakeside||4,516||Small town in Navajo County|
|Whiteriver||4,104||Census-designated place in Navajo County, Arizona|
|Pinon||1,765||Census-designated place in Navajo County, Arizona, United States|
|Cibecue||1,713||Census designated place|
|First Mesa||1,555||Census designated place|
|Dilkon||1,184||Census designated place|
Distance to Other Cities
Taylor distances to largest Arizona cities