Rochester Fulton County, Indiana
Rochester: City in Fulton County, Indiana, United States
Rochester is a city located in the county of Fulton in the U.S. state of Indiana. Its population at the 2010 census was 562 and a population density of 37 people per km². After 10 years in 2020 city had an estimated population of 790 inhabitants.
The city was created 187 years ago in 1834.
Rochester Quick Facts
|Population :||790 (2020)|
|Country :||United States of America|
|State :||Indiana (United States)|
|County :||Fulton County|
|Postal code :||46975|
|Phone Area Codes :||574|
|Area :||15.03 km2|
|Altitude :||781 feet / 238 meters|
|Capital city :||Rochester is capital of Fulton County|
|Establishment :||January 01, 1835 (187 years ago)|
|Time Zone :||Eastern Time Zone|
|Local time :||00:01:35 (23rd January 2022)|
|Density :||53 Pop. per km² as of 2020|
|Population growth :||28.86% (2010-2020)|
Rochester is located at 41°3'53"N 86°12'57"W (41.0647600, -86.2158300).
- Official Website
Official website of Rochester
The population of Rochester increased by 28.86% in 10 years.
|Estimated population as of July 1, 2019 :||65,435|
|Based on demographic estimates as of April 1, 2010 :||67,097|
|Based on demographic estimates as of 1 April 2010 :||-2.5%|
|April 1, 2020 Population :||65,737|
|April 1, 2010 Population :||67,103|
|People under 5 years old, percentage :||6.3%|
|People under 18 years old, percentage :||22.6%|
|People over 65 (%) :||20.7%|
|Female persons, % :||50.7%|
|White only, percent :||92.8%|
|Black or African American alone, percent :||3.9%|
|American Indian and Alaska Native only, % :||0.3%|
|Asians alone % :||0.9%|
|Only Native Hawaiians and Other Pacific Islanders, % :||Z|
|% of people who have participated in two or more races :||2.1%|
|% of Hispanic or Latino :||1.8%|
|White people, not Hispanic or Latino people, make up the majority of the population. :||91.4%|
|2015-2019 Veterans :||4,516|
|Percentage of foreign-born people, 2015-2019 :||1.4%|
|Residential units, July 1, 2019 :||30,244|
|Residential units, July 1, 2019 :||30,244|
|Rate of owner-occupied housing units, 2015-2019 :||71.8%|
|Owner-occupied housing unit median value, 2015-2019 :||$127,800|
|From 2015 to 2019, the median selected monthly owner costs - with a mortgage :||$1,089|
|Monthly owner costs, without a mortgage, at the median, 2015-2019 :||$432|
|2015-2019 median gross rent :||$713|
|Permits for construction, 2020 :||66|
|2015-2019 Households :||27,112|
|Population per household, 2015-2019 :||2.38|
|Living in the same house a year ago, percentage of people aged one year and up, 2015-2019 :||88.9%|
|Languages other than English spoken at home, as a percentage of people aged 5 and up, 2015-2019 :||2.1%|
|Households with computers, %, 2015-2019 :||84.7%|
|Percentage of households with a broadband Internet subscription, 2015-2019 :||78.2%|
|Percentage of people aged 25 and up with a high school diploma or higher, 2015-2019 :||92.5%|
|Bachelor's degree or higher, proportion of people aged 25 and up, 2015-2019 :||25.0%|
|Percentage of people under the age of 65 who have a disability, 2015-2019 :||9.9%|
|Persons under the age of 65 who do not have health insurance, as a percentage :||6.1%|
|Total civilian labor force, percent of population aged 16 and up, 2015-2019 :||64.7%|
|Female labor force participation in the civilian labor force, as a percentage of the population aged 16 and up, 2015-2019 :||61.5%|
|Total sales of lodging and food services in 2012 ($1,000) :||103,212|
|Total receipts/revenue for health care and social assistance in 2012 ($1,000) :||691,252|
|2012 total retail sales ($1,000) :||1,066,523|
|2012 total retail sales per capita :||$15,872|
|Mean commute time to work (in minutes), workers aged 16 and up, 2015-2019 :||17.3|
|2015-2019 median household income (in 2019 dollars) :||$52,993|
|Income per capita in the previous 12 months (in 2019 dollars), 2015-2019 :||$30,343|
|Percentage of people living in poverty :||12.3%|
|Total number of employer establishments, 2019 :||1,774|
|2019 total employment :||32,059|
|2019 total annual payroll ($1,000) :||1,396,911|
|Total employment, change in percentage terms, 2018-2019 :||2.0%|
|2018 total non-employer establishments :||3,922|
|Total number of businesses in 2012 :||5,074|
|Men-owned businesses in 2012 :||2,617|
|Women-owned businesses in 2012 :||1,251|
|Minority-owned businesses in 2012 :||269|
|Non-minority-owned businesses in 2012 :||4,546|
|Veteran-owned businesses in 2012 :||477|
|Nonveteran-owned businesses in 2012 :||4,158|
|2010 population per square mile :||78.5|
|2010 land area in square miles :||855.20|
Best Things to Do in Rochester
1 Fulton County Historical Society
37 E 375 N, Rochester, IN 46975, United States ➦ Show Map
☎ +15742234436 🔗 Url
2 Judy Burton Nature Preserve
2840-2898 Westside Rd, Rochester, IN 46975, United States ➦ Show Map
☎ 🔗 Url
3 Hoosier Daddy Cattle Bull
500S Boulevard St, Rochester, IN 46975, United States ➦ Show Map
☎ 🔗 Url
Where ot Eat in Rochester
2040 Peace Tree Village, Rochester, IN 46975, United States ➦ Show Map
☎ +15742233889 🔗 Url
People born in Rochester (10)
- Elmo Lincoln (American film actor) he was born in 06/02/1889
- Gene DeWeese (American writer) he was born in 31/01/1934
- Jerry Oliver (American basketball coach) he was born in 30/11/1930
- Ray Mowe (American baseball player) he was born in 12/07/1889
- Ron Herrell (American politician) he was born in 01/12/1948
- Robert E. Nelson (American higher education and fund raising professional) he was born in 02/03/1928
- Clyde Short he was born in 30/01/1883
Schools in Rochester
College & universities near Rochester, IN
|150048||Ancilla College||Donaldson (IN)||46513-0001|
Amtrak & bus stations near Rochester, IN
|SOB||South Bend station||2702 West Washington Avenue||RAIL|
|EKH||Elkhart station||131 Tyler Avenue||RAIL|
|REN||Rensselaer||619 North Cullen Street||RAIL|
|NLS||Niles station||598 Dey St.||RAIL|
|NBM||New Buffalo, Michigan||517 South Whittaker Street||RAIL|
Post offices near Rochester
|Post Office Name||City||ZIP|
|Rochester Post Office||Rochester (IN)||46975|
Other places with the same name (13)
- Rochester , New Hampshire city in Strafford County, New Hampshire, United States with a population of 31,719 people.
- Rochester , Michigan city in Oakland County, Michigan, United States with a population of 13,201 people.
- Rochester , New York county seat of Monroe County, New York, United States with a population of 7,202 people.
- Rochester , Massachusetts town in Plymouth County, Massachusetts, United States with a population of 5,740 people.
- Rochester , Wisconsin village in Racine County, Wisconsin, United States with a population of 3,880 people.
- Rochester , Illinois village in Sangamon County, Illinois, United States with a population of 3,715 people.
- Rochester , Pennsylvania borough in Beaver County, Pennsylvania with a population of 3,406 people.
- Rochester , Minnesota city in Minnesota, United States of America with a population of 1,909 people.
- Rochester , Vermont town in Windsor County, Vermont, United States with a population of 1,085 people.
- Rochester , Texas town in Haskell County, Texas, United States with a population of 311 people.
- Rochester , Ohio village in Lorain County, Ohio, United States with a population of 175 people.
- Rochester , Kentucky city in Butler County, Kentucky, United States with a population of 149 people.
Other cities in Fulton County
Cities, Towns, Neighborhoods & Other Populated Places in Fulton County , IN.
|Pershing||1,362||Unincorporated community in Fulton County, Indiana|
|Akron||1,103||Town in Fulton County, Indiana, United States|
|Kewanna||598||Human settlement in Fulton County, Indiana, United States of America|
|Fulton||327||City in Fulton County, Kentucky, United States|