Riverside, Broome County, New York
Riverside: City in Steuben County, New York, United States of America
Riverside is a city located in the county of Broome in the U.S. state of New York. Its population at the 2010 census was 497 and a population density of 625 people per km². After 10 years in 2020 city had an estimated population of 467 inhabitants.
Quick Facts about Riverside
|Population :||467 (2020)|
|Country :||United States of America|
|State :||New York (United States)|
|County :||Broome County|
|Area :||0.8 km2|
|Altitude :||938 feet / 286 meters|
|Time Zone :||America/New_York|
|Local time :||00:39:18 (4th February 2023)|
|Density :||587 Pop. per km² as of 2020|
|Population growth :||-6.42% (2010-2020)|
Riverside is located at 42°0'24"N 75°45'52"W (42.0067400, -75.7643500).
According to census records, the population of Riverside decreased by 6.42% in 10 years.
|Estimated population as of July 1, 2019 :||49,659|
|Based on demographic estimates as of April 1, 2010 :||46,099|
|Based on demographic estimates as of 1 April 2010 :||7.7%|
|April 1, 2020 Population :||50,084|
|April 1, 2010 Population :||46,102|
|People under 5 years old, percentage :||6.6%|
|People under 18 years old, percentage :||23.3%|
|People over 65 (%) :||15.0%|
|Female persons, % :||50.0%|
|White only, percent :||95.0%|
|Black or African American alone, percent :||1.2%|
|American Indian and Alaska Native only, % :||0.6%|
|Asians alone % :||1.5%|
|Only Native Hawaiians and Other Pacific Islanders, % :||0.1%|
|% of people who have participated in two or more races :||1.5%|
|% of Hispanic or Latino :||9.3%|
|White people, not Hispanic or Latino people, make up the majority of the population. :||86.6%|
|2015-2019 Veterans :||2,399|
|Percentage of foreign-born people, 2015-2019 :||4.8%|
|Residential units, July 1, 2019 :||20,810|
|Residential units, July 1, 2019 :||20,810|
|Rate of owner-occupied housing units, 2015-2019 :||65.0%|
|Owner-occupied housing unit median value, 2015-2019 :||$174,800|
|From 2015 to 2019, the median selected monthly owner costs - with a mortgage :||$1,412|
|Monthly owner costs, without a mortgage, at the median, 2015-2019 :||$547|
|2015-2019 median gross rent :||$779|
|Permits for construction, 2020 :||217|
|2015-2019 Households :||19,062|
|Population per household, 2015-2019 :||2.47|
|Living in the same house a year ago, percentage of people aged one year and up, 2015-2019 :||76.7%|
|Languages other than English spoken at home, as a percentage of people aged 5 and up, 2015-2019 :||8.0%|
|Households with computers, %, 2015-2019 :||91.2%|
|Percentage of households with a broadband Internet subscription, 2015-2019 :||84.0%|
|Percentage of people aged 25 and up with a high school diploma or higher, 2015-2019 :||93.1%|
|Bachelor's degree or higher, proportion of people aged 25 and up, 2015-2019 :||34.6%|
|Percentage of people under the age of 65 who have a disability, 2015-2019 :||8.6%|
|Persons under the age of 65 who do not have health insurance, as a percentage :||9.5%|
|Total civilian labor force, percent of population aged 16 and up, 2015-2019 :||72.5%|
|Female labor force participation in the civilian labor force, as a percentage of the population aged 16 and up, 2015-2019 :||68.4%|
|Total sales of lodging and food services in 2012 ($1,000) :||121,711|
|Total receipts/revenue for health care and social assistance in 2012 ($1,000) :||453,646|
|Manufacturers' total shipments in 2012 ($1,000) :||1,785,028|
|2012 total retail sales ($1,000) :||966,976|
|2012 total retail sales per capita :||$20,373|
|Mean commute time to work (in minutes), workers aged 16 and up, 2015-2019 :||15.7|
|2015-2019 median household income (in 2019 dollars) :||$59,431|
|Income per capita in the previous 12 months (in 2019 dollars), 2015-2019 :||$31,043|
|Percentage of people living in poverty :||11.6%|
|Total number of employer establishments, 2019 :||1,716|
|2019 total employment :||22,962|
|2019 total annual payroll ($1,000) :||897,455|
|Total employment, change in percentage terms, 2018-2019 :||-0.7%|
|2018 total non-employer establishments :||3,923|
|Total number of businesses in 2012 :||4,702|
|Men-owned businesses in 2012 :||2,433|
|Women-owned businesses in 2012 :||1,157|
|Minority-owned businesses in 2012 :||226|
|Non-minority-owned businesses in 2012 :||4,209|
|Veteran-owned businesses in 2012 :||242|
|Nonveteran-owned businesses in 2012 :||4,023|
|2010 population per square mile :||47.6|
|2010 land area in square miles :||968.11|
Schools in Riverside
College & universities near Riverside, NY
|491969||Anousheh School of Hair||Binghamton (NY)||13903-1559|
Amtrak & bus stations near Riverside, NY
|SRN||Scranton, PA||23 Lackawanna Avenue||BUS|
|WKB||Wilkes-Barre, PA||47 South Washington Street||BUS|
|WHV||White Haven, PA||I-476, Exit 95/I-80, Exit 277, at Hwy 940||BUS|
Post offices near Riverside
|Post Office Name||City||ZIP|
|Corbettsvill Post Office||Corbettsville (NY)||13749|
Other places with the same name (20)
- Riverside , California county seat of Riverside County, California, United States with a population of 330,786 people.
- Riverside , Ohio city in Ohio with a population of 25,169 people.
- Riverside , Illinois village in Cook County, Illinois with a population of 8,455 people.
- Riverside , New Jersey township of New Jersey with a population of 7,864 people.
- Riverside , Missouri city in Platte County, Missouri, United States with a population of 3,528 people.
- Riverside , Missouri city in Platte County, Missouri, United States with a population of 3,150 people.
- Riverside , Alabama town in St. Clair County, Alabama, United States with a population of 2,376 people.
- Riverside , Pennsylvania borough in northern Northumberland County, Pennsylvania with a population of 1,839 people.
- Riverside , Michigan township of Michigan with a population of 1,203 people.
- Riverside , Iowa city in Washington County, Iowa, USA with a population of 1,021 people.
- Riverside , Texas city in Walker County, Texas, United States with a population of 547 people.
- Riverside , Texas city in Walker County, Texas, United States with a population of 510 people.
- Riverside , Nebraska city in United States of America with a population of 391 people.
- Riverside , Minnesota township in Lac qui Parle County, Minnesota with a population of 280 people.
- Riverside , Washington town in Okanogan County, Washington, United States with a population of 274 people.
- Riverside , Kansas township in Sedgwick County, Kansas with a population of 72 people.
- Riverside , Wyoming town in Carbon County, Wyoming, United States with a population of 53 people.
- Riverside , North Dakota township in Steele County, North Dakota with a population of 39 people.
- Riverside , South Dakota human settlement in United States of America with a population of 18 people.
Other cities in Broome County
Cities, Towns, Neighborhoods & Other Populated Places in Broome County , NY.
|Vestal||28,768||Town in Broome County, New York, United States|
|Johnson City||14,035||Village in New York, United States|
|Endicott||12,425||Village in Broome County, New York, United States|
|Endwell||11,446||Census-designated place in Broome County, New York|
|Kirkwood||5,440||Town in Broome County, New York, United States|
|Conklin||5,069||Town in New York, United States|
|Maine||5,005||Town in New York, United States|
|Binghamton||4,675||City in Broome County, New York, United States|
|Triangle||2,744||Town in New York, USA|
|Nanticoke||1,596||City in Broome County, New York, United States of America|
|Deposit||1,561||Human settlement in New York, United States of America|
|Port Dickinson||1,510||Village in New York|
|Whitney Point||880||City in Broome County, New York, United States of America|
|Windsor||853||Town in Broome County, New York, United States|
|Lisle||294||City in Broome County, New York, United States of America|