Oakland Franklin County, Iowa
Oakland: City located in Iowa, United States
Oakland is a city located in the county of Franklin in the U.S. state of Iowa. Its population at the 2010 census was 1,527 and a population density of 373 people per km². After 10 years in 2020 city had an estimated population of 1,491 inhabitants.
Oakland Quick Facts
|Population :||1,491 (2020)|
|Country :||United States of America|
|State :||Iowa (United States)|
|County :||Franklin County|
|Postal code :||51560|
|Phone Area Codes :||712|
|Area :||4.09 km2|
|Altitude :||1,106 feet / 337 meters|
|Time Zone :||America/Chicago|
|Local time :||13:59:35 (27th May 2022)|
|Density :||365 Pop. per km² as of 2020|
|Population growth :||-2.41% (2010-2020)|
Oakland is located at 42°34'52"N 93°26'36"W (42.5810900, -93.4432600).
- Official Website
Official website of Oakland
According to census records, the population of Oakland decreased by 2.41% in 10 years.
|Estimated population as of July 1, 2019 :||5,336|
|Based on demographic estimates as of April 1, 2010 :||5,414|
|Based on demographic estimates as of 1 April 2010 :||-1.4%|
|April 1, 2020 Population :||5,593|
|April 1, 2010 Population :||5,414|
|People under 5 years old, percentage :||6.2%|
|People under 18 years old, percentage :||24.2%|
|People over 65 (%) :||18.6%|
|Female persons, % :||55.1%|
|White only, percent :||100.0%|
|Black or African American alone, percent :||0.0%|
|American Indian and Alaska Native only, % :||0.0%|
|Asians alone % :||0.0%|
|Only Native Hawaiians and Other Pacific Islanders, % :||0.0%|
|% of people who have participated in two or more races :||0.0%|
|% of Hispanic or Latino :||0.6%|
|White people, not Hispanic or Latino people, make up the majority of the population. :||99.4%|
|2015-2019 Veterans :||373|
|Percentage of foreign-born people, 2015-2019 :||2.7%|
|Rate of owner-occupied housing units, 2015-2019 :||66.7%|
|Rate of owner-occupied housing units, 2015-2019 :||66.7%|
|Owner-occupied housing unit median value, 2015-2019 :||$117,600|
|From 2015 to 2019, the median selected monthly owner costs - with a mortgage :||$1,226|
|Monthly owner costs, without a mortgage, at the median, 2015-2019 :||$530|
|2015-2019 median gross rent :||$863|
|2015-2019 Households :||1,981|
|Population per household, 2015-2019 :||2.68|
|Living in the same house a year ago, percentage of people aged one year and up, 2015-2019 :||89.2%|
|Languages other than English spoken at home, as a percentage of people aged 5 and up, 2015-2019 :||4.2%|
|Households with computers, %, 2015-2019 :||89.3%|
|Percentage of households with a broadband Internet subscription, 2015-2019 :||80.8%|
|Percentage of people aged 25 and up with a high school diploma or higher, 2015-2019 :||84.6%|
|Bachelor's degree or higher, proportion of people aged 25 and up, 2015-2019 :||17.6%|
|Percentage of people under the age of 65 who have a disability, 2015-2019 :||8.6%|
|Persons under the age of 65 who do not have health insurance, as a percentage :||5.0%|
|Total civilian labor force, percent of population aged 16 and up, 2015-2019 :||65.8%|
|Female labor force participation in the civilian labor force, as a percentage of the population aged 16 and up, 2015-2019 :||58.7%|
|Total sales of lodging and food services in 2012 ($1,000) :||3,309|
|2012 total retail sales ($1,000) :||56,817|
|2012 total retail sales per capita :||$10,567|
|Mean commute time to work (in minutes), workers aged 16 and up, 2015-2019 :||30.5|
|2015-2019 median household income (in 2019 dollars) :||$66,353|
|Income per capita in the previous 12 months (in 2019 dollars), 2015-2019 :||$32,612|
|Percentage of people living in poverty :||8.4%|
|Total number of businesses in 2012 :||391|
|Men-owned businesses in 2012 :||309|
|Women-owned businesses in 2012 :||37|
|Minority-owned businesses in 2012 :||36|
|Non-minority-owned businesses in 2012 :||311|
|Veteran-owned businesses in 2012 :||50|
|Nonveteran-owned businesses in 2012 :||324|
|2010 population per square mile :||2,179.4|
|2010 land area in square miles :||2.48|
Schools in Oakland
College & universities near Oakland, IA
|153296||Ellsworth Community College||Iowa Falls (IA)||50126|
Post offices near Oakland
|Post Office Name||City||ZIP|
|Alden Post Office||Alden (IA)||50006|
Other places with the same name (20)
- Oakland , California port city and county seat of Alameda County, California, United States with a population of 424,891 people.
- Oakland , New Jersey borough in New Jersey, USA with a population of 12,841 people.
- Oakland , Tennessee human settlement in Fayette County, Tennessee, United States of America with a population of 8,669 people.
- Oakland , Maine town in Kennebec County in the U.S. state of Maine with a population of 6,341 people.
- Oakland , Wisconsin town in Burnett County, Wisconsin, USA with a population of 3,215 people.
- Oakland , Florida town in Orange County, Florida, United States with a population of 3,152 people.
- Oakland , Maryland town in the west-central part of Garrett County, Maryland, United States with a population of 1,873 people.
- Oakland , Maryland town in the west-central part of Garrett County, Maryland, United States with a population of 1,803 people.
- Oakland , Missouri city in St. Louis County, Missouri, United States with a population of 1,375 people.
- Oakland , Oklahoma human settlement in Marshall County, Oklahoma, United States of America with a population of 1,161 people.
- Oakland , Oregon city in Oregon, USA with a population of 954 people.
- Oakland , Pennsylvania census-designated place in Cambria County, Pennsylvania with a population of 556 people.
- Oakland , Mississippi town in Yalobusha County, Mississippi with a population of 514 people.
- Oakland , Mississippi town in Yalobusha County, Mississippi with a population of 492 people.
- Oakland , Minnesota unincorporated community in Freeborn County, Minnesota with a population of 299 people.
- Oakland , Kentucky city in Warren County, Kentucky, USA with a population of 217 people.
- Oakland , Nebraska city in Burt County, Nebraska, United States with a population of 142 people.
- Oakland , Illinois city in Coles County, Illinois, United States with a population of 127 people.
- Oakland , Kansas human settlement (possibly historical) with a population of 34 people.
Other cities in Franklin County
Cities, Towns, Neighborhoods & Other Populated Places in Franklin County , IA.
|Washington||7,206||City in Franklin County, Missouri|
|Hampton||4,162||City in Iowa|
|Sheffield||1,096||City in Franklin County, Iowa, United States|
|Latimer||463||Human settlement in Franklin County, Iowa, United States of America|
|Coulter||261||Human settlement in Franklin County, Iowa, United States of America|
|Alexander||159||City in Iowa|
|Hansell||89||Human settlement in Franklin County, Iowa, United States of America|
|Popejoy||74||Human settlement in Franklin County, Iowa, United States of America|
Distance to Other Cities
Oakland distances to largest Iowa cities