Liberty Cass County, Texas
Liberty: City in Texas, United States, part of the Houston metro area
Liberty is a city located in the county of Cass in the U.S. state of Texas. Its population at the 2010 census was 8,397 and a population density of 78 people per km². After 10 years in 2020 city had an estimated population of 9,506 inhabitants.
Liberty Quick Facts
|Population :||9,506 (2020)|
|Country :||United States of America|
|State :||Texas (United States)|
|County :||Cass County|
|Postal code :||77575|
|Phone Area Codes :||936|
|Area :||107.01 km2|
|Altitude :||30 feet / 9 meters|
|Capital city :||Liberty is capital of Liberty County|
|Time Zone :||Central Time Zone|
|Local time :||19:41:31 (24th May 2022)|
|Density :||89 Pop. per km² as of 2020|
|Population growth :||11.67% (2010-2020)|
Liberty is located at 32°53'4"N 94°26'54"W (32.8845800, -94.4482500).
- Official Website
Official website of Liberty
The population of Liberty increased by 11.67% in 10 years.
|Estimated population as of July 1, 2019 :||5,913|
|Based on demographic estimates as of April 1, 2010 :||6,263|
|Based on demographic estimates as of 1 April 2010 :||-5.6%|
|April 1, 2020 Population :||6,294|
|April 1, 2010 Population :||6,263|
|People under 5 years old, percentage :||3.6%|
|People under 18 years old, percentage :||17.9%|
|People over 65 (%) :||22.0%|
|Female persons, % :||55.7%|
|White only, percent :||97.8%|
|Black or African American alone, percent :||0.5%|
|American Indian and Alaska Native only, % :||0.0%|
|Asians alone % :||0.6%|
|Only Native Hawaiians and Other Pacific Islanders, % :||0.0%|
|% of people who have participated in two or more races :||1.1%|
|% of Hispanic or Latino :||8.1%|
|White people, not Hispanic or Latino people, make up the majority of the population. :||89.7%|
|2015-2019 Veterans :||324|
|Percentage of foreign-born people, 2015-2019 :||2.3%|
|Rate of owner-occupied housing units, 2015-2019 :||57.8%|
|Rate of owner-occupied housing units, 2015-2019 :||57.8%|
|Owner-occupied housing unit median value, 2015-2019 :||$126,000|
|From 2015 to 2019, the median selected monthly owner costs - with a mortgage :||$1,213|
|Monthly owner costs, without a mortgage, at the median, 2015-2019 :||$568|
|2015-2019 median gross rent :||$783|
|2015-2019 Households :||2,648|
|Population per household, 2015-2019 :||2.19|
|Living in the same house a year ago, percentage of people aged one year and up, 2015-2019 :||78.9%|
|Languages other than English spoken at home, as a percentage of people aged 5 and up, 2015-2019 :||7.1%|
|Households with computers, %, 2015-2019 :||88.4%|
|Percentage of households with a broadband Internet subscription, 2015-2019 :||80.9%|
|Percentage of people aged 25 and up with a high school diploma or higher, 2015-2019 :||86.5%|
|Bachelor's degree or higher, proportion of people aged 25 and up, 2015-2019 :||23.9%|
|Percentage of people under the age of 65 who have a disability, 2015-2019 :||11.6%|
|Persons under the age of 65 who do not have health insurance, as a percentage :||5.3%|
|Total civilian labor force, percent of population aged 16 and up, 2015-2019 :||54.8%|
|Female labor force participation in the civilian labor force, as a percentage of the population aged 16 and up, 2015-2019 :||53.4%|
|Total sales of lodging and food services in 2012 ($1,000) :||4,283|
|Total receipts/revenue for health care and social assistance in 2012 ($1,000) :||23,895|
|Manufacturers' total shipments in 2012 ($1,000) :||167,039|
|2012 total retail sales ($1,000) :||117,415|
|2012 total retail sales per capita :||$18,777|
|Mean commute time to work (in minutes), workers aged 16 and up, 2015-2019 :||22.5|
|2015-2019 median household income (in 2019 dollars) :||$45,458|
|Income per capita in the previous 12 months (in 2019 dollars), 2015-2019 :||$25,521|
|Percentage of people living in poverty :||21.5%|
|Total number of businesses in 2012 :||440|
|Men-owned businesses in 2012 :||218|
|Women-owned businesses in 2012 :||135|
|Minority-owned businesses in 2012 :||F|
|Non-minority-owned businesses in 2012 :||403|
|Veteran-owned businesses in 2012 :||28|
|Nonveteran-owned businesses in 2012 :||365|
|2010 population per square mile :||1,204.0|
|2010 land area in square miles :||5.20|
Other Places in Liberty
1 City of Liberty - Administration Building
1829 Sam Houston St, Liberty, TX 77575 ➦ Show Map
☎ +19363363684 🔗 Url
2 Hardin City Hall
142 Co Rd 2010, Liberty, TX 77575 ➦ Show Map
☎ +19362982117 🔗 Url
3 USDA Rural Development
2720 N Main St, Liberty, TX 77575, United States ➦ Show Map
☎ +19363365706 🔗 Url
People born in Liberty (7)
Schools in Liberty
College & universities near Liberty, TX
|224527||East Texas Baptist University||Marshall (TX)||75670-1498|
|229887||Wiley College||Marshall (TX)||75670|
|227225||Northeast Texas Community College||Mount Pleasant (TX)||75455|
|226231||LeTourneau University||Longview (TX)||75602|
|484048||Barber Institute of Texas||Longview (TX)||75602-3456|
Amtrak & bus stations near Liberty, TX
|MHL||Marshall||800 North Washington Street - suite 2||RAIL|
|LVW||Longview||905 Pacific Ave.||RAIL|
|TXA||Texarkana||100 East Front Street||RAIL|
|SHR||Shreveport, Louisiana||451 Clyde Fant Parkway||BUS|
|SHG||Shreveport, LA||408 Fannin Street||BUS|
Post offices near Liberty
|Post Office Name||City||ZIP|
|Avinger Post Office||Avinger (TX)||75630|
|Lod Post Office||Lodi (TX)||75564|
|Linden Post Office||Linden (TX)||75563|
|Jefferson Post Office||Jefferson (TX)||75657|
|Kildar Post Office||Kildare (TX)||75562|
Other places with the same name (19)
- Liberty , Missouri city in Missouri, United States with a population of 32,418 people.
- Liberty , Missouri city in Missouri, United States with a population of 30,450 people.
- Liberty , New York town in New York, United States with a population of 5,277 people.
- Liberty , South Carolina city in South Carolina, United States with a population of 3,150 people.
- Liberty , North Carolina city in Randolph County, North Carolina, United States of America with a population of 2,671 people.
- Liberty , Kentucky city in Kentucky, United States with a population of 2,139 people.
- Liberty , Indiana town in Indiana, United States with a population of 2,000 people.
- Liberty , Ohio city in United States of America with a population of 1,723 people.
- Liberty , Maine town in Maine, United States with a population of 977 people.
- Liberty , Michigan township in Jackson County, Michigan with a population of 887 people.
- Liberty , Mississippi city in Mississippi, United States with a population of 634 people.
- Liberty , Illinois village in Illinois, United States with a population of 500 people.
- Liberty , Tennessee town in DeKalb County, Tennessee, United States with a population of 330 people.
- Liberty , Wisconsin human settlement in Grant County, Wisconsin, United States of America with a population of 292 people.
- Liberty , Pennsylvania borough of Pennsylvania with a population of 230 people.
- Liberty , Oklahoma town in Oklahoma, United States with a population of 219 people.
- Liberty , Kansas city in Kansas, United States with a population of 110 people.
- Liberty , Nebraska village in Nebraska, United States with a population of 73 people.
Other cities in Cass County
Cities, Towns, Neighborhoods & Other Populated Places in Cass County , TX.
|Atlanta||5,424||City in Cass County, Texas, United States|
|Panhandle||2,272||Town in Texas, United States|
|Linden||1,888||City in Cass County, Texas, USA|
|Hughes Springs||1,672||City in Cass County, Texas, United States|
|Queen City||1,436||City in Cass County, Texas, United States|
|Bear Creek||500||Town in Hays County, in the U.|
|Avinger||419||Town of the United States|
|Bloomburg||398||Town of the United States|
|Midway||238||City in Cass County, Texas, United States|
|Douglassville||214||Town of the United States|
|Marietta||129||Town in Cass County, Texas|
|Domino||86||Human settlement in Cass County, Texas, United States of America|
Distance to Other Cities
Liberty distances to largest Texas cities