Jamestown Cambria County, Pennsylvania
Jamestown: Borough in Mercer County, Pennsylvania, United States
Jamestown is a city located in the county of Cambria in the U.S. state of Pennsylvania. Its population at the 2010 census was 617 and a population density of 735 people per km². After 10 years in 2020 city had an estimated population of 568 inhabitants.
The city was created 224 years ago in 1797.
Jamestown Quick Facts
|Population :||568 (2020)|
|Country :||United States of America|
|State :||Pennsylvania (United States)|
|County :||Cambria County|
|Postal code :||16134|
|Area :||0.84 km2|
|Altitude :||3,251 feet / 991 meters|
|Establishment :||January 01, 1798 (224 years ago)|
|Time Zone :||America/New_York|
|Local time :||06:39:43 (18th January 2022)|
|Density :||676 Pop. per km² as of 2020|
|Population growth :||-8.63% (2010-2020)|
|Weather :||30℉ Mostly Cloudy 7-days weather|
According to census records, the population of Jamestown decreased by 8.63% in 10 years.
|Estimated population as of July 1, 2019 :||9,227|
|Based on demographic estimates as of April 1, 2010 :||9,932|
|Based on demographic estimates as of 1 April 2010 :||-7.1%|
|April 1, 2020 Population :||9,603|
|April 1, 2010 Population :||9,958|
|People under 5 years old, percentage :||8.3%|
|People under 18 years old, percentage :||22.0%|
|People over 65 (%) :||17.1%|
|Female persons, % :||54.1%|
|White only, percent :||92.6%|
|Black or African American alone, percent :||5.2%|
|American Indian and Alaska Native only, % :||0.3%|
|Asians alone % :||0.0%|
|Only Native Hawaiians and Other Pacific Islanders, % :||0.0%|
|% of people who have participated in two or more races :||1.9%|
|% of Hispanic or Latino :||2.3%|
|White people, not Hispanic or Latino people, make up the majority of the population. :||90.7%|
|2015-2019 Veterans :||625|
|Percentage of foreign-born people, 2015-2019 :||2.2%|
|Rate of owner-occupied housing units, 2015-2019 :||62.1%|
|Rate of owner-occupied housing units, 2015-2019 :||62.1%|
|Owner-occupied housing unit median value, 2015-2019 :||$77,100|
|From 2015 to 2019, the median selected monthly owner costs - with a mortgage :||$905|
|Monthly owner costs, without a mortgage, at the median, 2015-2019 :||$393|
|2015-2019 median gross rent :||$634|
|2015-2019 Households :||4,239|
|Population per household, 2015-2019 :||2.20|
|Living in the same house a year ago, percentage of people aged one year and up, 2015-2019 :||88.6%|
|Languages other than English spoken at home, as a percentage of people aged 5 and up, 2015-2019 :||3.4%|
|Households with computers, %, 2015-2019 :||87.6%|
|Percentage of households with a broadband Internet subscription, 2015-2019 :||74.9%|
|Percentage of people aged 25 and up with a high school diploma or higher, 2015-2019 :||86.5%|
|Bachelor's degree or higher, proportion of people aged 25 and up, 2015-2019 :||20.3%|
|Percentage of people under the age of 65 who have a disability, 2015-2019 :||11.3%|
|Persons under the age of 65 who do not have health insurance, as a percentage :||7.3%|
|Total civilian labor force, percent of population aged 16 and up, 2015-2019 :||63.4%|
|Female labor force participation in the civilian labor force, as a percentage of the population aged 16 and up, 2015-2019 :||58.8%|
|Total sales of lodging and food services in 2012 ($1,000) :||7,972|
|Manufacturers' total shipments in 2012 ($1,000) :||158,874|
|2012 total retail sales ($1,000) :||57,781|
|2012 total retail sales per capita :||$5,888|
|Mean commute time to work (in minutes), workers aged 16 and up, 2015-2019 :||17.9|
|2015-2019 median household income (in 2019 dollars) :||$40,543|
|Income per capita in the previous 12 months (in 2019 dollars), 2015-2019 :||$26,850|
|Percentage of people living in poverty :||17.1%|
|Total number of businesses in 2012 :||657|
|Men-owned businesses in 2012 :||379|
|Women-owned businesses in 2012 :||192|
|Minority-owned businesses in 2012 :||45|
|Non-minority-owned businesses in 2012 :||538|
|Veteran-owned businesses in 2012 :||151|
|Nonveteran-owned businesses in 2012 :||433|
|2010 population per square mile :||1,694.8|
|2010 land area in square miles :||5.88|
Schools in Jamestown
College & universities near Jamestown, PA
|214166||Mount Aloysius College||Cresson (PA)||16630-1999|
Amtrak & bus stations near Jamestown, PA
|JST||Johnstown||47 Walnut Street||RAIL|
|ALT||Altoona Transportation Center||1231 11th Avenue||RAIL|
|TYR||Tyrone||Pennsylvania Ave and West 10th St.||RAIL|
|HGD||Huntingdon||Fourth and Allegheny Sts.||RAIL|
|LAB||Latrobe station||329 McKinley Ave||RAIL|
Post offices near Jamestown
|Post Office Name||City||ZIP|
|Cassandra Post Office||Cassandra (PA)||15925|
Other places with the same name (16)
- Jamestown , New York city in Chautauqua County, New York, United States with a population of 28,862 people.
- Jamestown , North Dakota city in Stutsman County, North Dakota, United States with a population of 14,930 people.
- Jamestown , Rhode Island town in Rhode Island, United States with a population of 5,482 people.
- Jamestown , North Carolina town in Guilford County, North Carolina, United States with a population of 4,528 people.
- Jamestown , Indiana town in Boone and Hendricks counties, Indiana, United States with a population of 3,326 people.
- Jamestown , Ohio town in Ohio, USA with a population of 2,146 people.
- Jamestown , Tennessee city in Fentress County, Tennessee, United States with a population of 2,131 people.
- Jamestown , Wisconsin town in Wisconsin, United States with a population of 2,122 people.
- Jamestown , Tennessee city in Fentress County, Tennessee, United States with a population of 1,947 people.
- Jamestown , Kentucky city in and county seat of Russell County, Kentucky, United States with a population of 1,802 people.
- Jamestown , Missouri village in the United States with a population of 397 people.
- Jamestown , Kansas city in Cloud County, Kansas, United States with a population of 258 people.
- Jamestown , Colorado town in Colorado, USA with a population of 254 people.
- Jamestown , Louisiana village in Bienville Parish, Louisiana, United States with a population of 123 people.
- Jamestown , South Carolina town in South Carolina, USA with a population of 83 people.
Other cities in Cambria County
Cities, Towns, Neighborhoods & Other Populated Places in Cambria County , PA. (more)
|Johnstown||18,939||City in Cambria County, Pennsylvania, United States|
|Oil City||9,618||City of Pennsylvania|
|Conemaugh||6,808||Township in Cambria County, Pennsylvania|
|Minersville||4,133||Borough in central Schuylkill County, Pennsylvania|
|Elim||3,727||City in Alaska|
|Greenwich||3,640||Township in Berks County, Pennsylvania|
|Northern Cambria||3,456||Borough of Pennsylvania|
|Ebensburg||3,015||Borough of Pennsylvania|
|Nanty Glo||2,901||Borough of Pennsylvania|
|Portage||2,351||Home rule municipality in Cambria County, Pennsylvania|
|Geistown||2,242||Borough of Pennsylvania|
|Stonycreek||2,074||Township in Cambria County, Pennsylvania|
|Southmont||2,048||Borough of Pennsylvania|
|Summit||2,032||Township in Somerset County, Pennsylvania|
|Riverside||1,839||Borough in northern Northumberland County, Pennsylvania|
|Cresson||1,585||Borough in Pennsylvania|