Hamilton City, California
Hamilton City: A census-designated place in Yolo County, California. It is located on the Sacramento River in northern California. Hamilton City is known for its many farms, its many parks and green spaces, and its many attractions, such as the Hamilton City Historical Society
Hamilton City is a city located in the county of Glenn in the U.S. state of California. After 8 years in 2018 city had an estimated population of 169,300 inhabitants.
Hamilton City is a small unincorporated community located in Glenn County in northern California. It lies off of State Route 32 near the Sacramento River in the northern Sacramento Valley.
Hamilton City was founded in 1905 by developer George W. Hamilton. He envisioned a large, planned agricultural community and purchased 8,000 acres to establish the town site and farms. The economy focused on agriculture, especially orchards, field crops, and livestock.
The town grew slowly over the decades, reaching a peak population of around 1,200 in the 1950s. However, it remained relatively isolated and narrowly focused on agriculture for many years.
Economy and Character
Today, Hamilton City retains its small, quiet character with a population of just over 2,000 residents. The main economic drivers continue to be agriculture, especially rice farming, along with some retail services.
The town has a small downtown district with some shops and eateries. Community amenities include churches, a post office, parks, and a municipal airport. The historic Hamilton City Hall was built in 1928 and remains a local landmark.
Outdoors and Recreation
Situated amidst sprawling rice fields and orchards along the Sacramento River, Hamilton City provides plenty of opportunities for outdoor recreation and nature activities. Popular pursuits include:
- Bird watching and waterfowl hunting
- Fishing along the Sacramento River
- Hiking on scenic public trails
- Camping at nearby Lake Oroville
While off the beaten path, Hamilton City offers a unique look into rural Northern California life surrounded by rich agricultural lands and historic small town charm.
Hamilton City remains a relatively isolated but picturesque small farming community in Northern California. The town retains its historic character and provides outdoor opportunities in the Sacramento Valley.
Quick Facts about Hamilton City
|Population :||169,300 (2018)|
|Country :||New Zealand|
|State :||California (United States)|
|County :||Glenn County|
|Phone Area Codes :||07|
|Area :||110800000 km2|
|Named for :||John Hamilton|
|Altitude :||131 feet / 40 meters|
|Capital city :||Hamilton City is capital of Waikato Region|
|Time Zone :||America/Los_Angeles|
|Local time :||03:08:07 (4th October 2023)|
|Postal code :||95951|
|Weather :||60℉ Clear 7-days weather|
Hamilton City is located at 39°44'34"N 122°0'49"W (39.7426600, -122.0135900).
Hamilton City map
Hamilton City forecast: Clear. Low around 60, with temperatures rising to around 62 overnight. North northwest wind around 13 mph, with gusts as high as 18 mph. more
- Chengdu (2014 )
People born in Hamilton City (200)
- Chris Budgen (New Zealand rugby union player) he was born in 21/01/1973
- Frank Sargeson (New Zealand writer) he was born in 23/03/1903
- Julian Dean (New Zealand cyclist) he was born in 28/01/1975
- Jaime Nielsen (New Zealand racing cyclist and rower) she was born in 03/09/1985
- Kaytee Boyd (New Zealand cyclist) she was born in 08/02/1978
- Denis Lill (actor) he was born in 22/04/1942
- Jonathan Perry (New Zealand association footballer) he was born in 22/11/1976
- Warren Gatland (New Zealand rugby union footballer and coach) he was born in 17/09/1963
- Adam Thomas (New Zealand soccer player) he was born in 01/04/1992
- Chris van der Drift (New Zealand racing driver) he was born in 08/03/1986
- Malvina Major (New Zealand opera soprano) she was born in 28/01/1943
- Hugh Fisher (Canoe racer) he was born in 01/10/1955
- Cole Tinkler (New Zealand association footballer) he was born in 05/05/1986
- Grant Cashmore (New Zealand equestrian) he was born in 12/09/1968
- Simon Travaglia (New Zealand author) he was born in 01/11/1964
- Guy Doleman (New Zealand actor) he was born in 22/11/1923
- Hugh Anderson (New Zealand motorcycle racer, and rugby league footballer) he was born in 18/01/1936
- Marco Rojas (New Zealand association footballer) he was born in 05/11/1991
Schools in Hamilton City
College & universities near Hamilton City, CA
|110538||California State University-Chico||Chico (CA)||95929-0150|
|487773||Butte County Regional Occupational Program||Chico (CA)||95928-7191|
|110246||Butte College||Oroville (CA)||95965-8399|
Amtrak & bus stations near Hamilton City, CA
|CIC||Chico station||West 5th and Orange Streets||RAIL|
|CNG||Corning, California||1081 Solano Street||BUS|
|ORV||Oroville, California||Hwy 70 and Grand Ave.||BUS|
|RBF||Red Bluff, California||228 S. Main Street||BUS|
|MRV||Marysville, California||I Street between 8th and 9th||BUS|
Post offices near Hamilton City
|Post Office Name||City||ZIP|
|Hamilton City Post Office||Hamilton City (CA)||95951|
|Ch Post Office||Chico (CA)||95926|
|Midtown Ch Post Office||Chico (CA)||95928|
|Orland Post Office||Orland (CA)||95963|
|Ar Post Office||Artois (CA)||95913|
Other cities in Glenn County
Cities, towns, neighborhoods & other populated places in Glenn County , CA.
|Orland||8,068||City in Glenn County, California|
|Willows||6,036||City in California, USA|
Distance to Other Cities
Hamilton City distances to largest California cities