Greenville Montcalm County, Michigan
Greenville: City in Montcalm County, Michigan, United States
Greenville is a city located in the county of Montcalm in the U.S. state of Michigan. Its population at the 2010 census was 8,481 and a population density of 490 people per km². After 10 years in 2020 city had an estimated population of 8,386 inhabitants.
The city was created 178 years ago in 1843.
Greenville Quick Facts
|Population :||8,386 (2020)|
|Country :||United States of America|
|State :||Michigan (United States)|
|County :||Montcalm County|
|Postal code :||48838|
|Phone Area Codes :||616|
|Area :||17.3 km2|
|Altitude :||837 feet / 255 meters|
|Establishment :||January 01, 1844 (178 years ago)|
|Time Zone :||America/Detroit|
|Local time :||22:41:06 (28th May 2022)|
|Density :||485 Pop. per km² as of 2020|
|Population growth :||-1.13% (2010-2020)|
Greenville is located at 43°10'39"N 85°15'10"W (43.1775300, -85.2528000).
- Official Website
Official website of Greenville
According to census records, the population of Greenville decreased by 1.13% in 10 years.
|Estimated population as of July 1, 2019 :||10,272|
|Based on demographic estimates as of April 1, 2010 :||8,599|
|Based on demographic estimates as of 1 April 2010 :||19.5%|
|April 1, 2020 Population :||9,828|
|April 1, 2010 Population :||8,590|
|People under 5 years old, percentage :||7.3%|
|People under 18 years old, percentage :||30.8%|
|People over 65 (%) :||8.6%|
|Female persons, % :||51.1%|
|White only, percent :||88.3%|
|Black or African American alone, percent :||0.0%|
|American Indian and Alaska Native only, % :||0.3%|
|Asians alone % :||0.4%|
|Only Native Hawaiians and Other Pacific Islanders, % :||0.0%|
|% of people who have participated in two or more races :||2.6%|
|% of Hispanic or Latino :||39.6%|
|White people, not Hispanic or Latino people, make up the majority of the population. :||58.5%|
|2015-2019 Veterans :||556|
|Percentage of foreign-born people, 2015-2019 :||13.7%|
|Rate of owner-occupied housing units, 2015-2019 :||54.5%|
|Rate of owner-occupied housing units, 2015-2019 :||54.5%|
|Owner-occupied housing unit median value, 2015-2019 :||$205,000|
|From 2015 to 2019, the median selected monthly owner costs - with a mortgage :||$1,433|
|Monthly owner costs, without a mortgage, at the median, 2015-2019 :||$563|
|2015-2019 median gross rent :||$1,048|
|2015-2019 Households :||3,203|
|Population per household, 2015-2019 :||3.05|
|Living in the same house a year ago, percentage of people aged one year and up, 2015-2019 :||80.8%|
|Languages other than English spoken at home, as a percentage of people aged 5 and up, 2015-2019 :||32.3%|
|Households with computers, %, 2015-2019 :||98.8%|
|Percentage of households with a broadband Internet subscription, 2015-2019 :||90.5%|
|Percentage of people aged 25 and up with a high school diploma or higher, 2015-2019 :||83.4%|
|Bachelor's degree or higher, proportion of people aged 25 and up, 2015-2019 :||19.9%|
|Percentage of people under the age of 65 who have a disability, 2015-2019 :||11.7%|
|Persons under the age of 65 who do not have health insurance, as a percentage :||8.5%|
|Total civilian labor force, percent of population aged 16 and up, 2015-2019 :||67.5%|
|Female labor force participation in the civilian labor force, as a percentage of the population aged 16 and up, 2015-2019 :||56.5%|
|2012 total retail sales ($1,000) :||64,670|
|2012 total retail sales per capita :||$7,476|
|Mean commute time to work (in minutes), workers aged 16 and up, 2015-2019 :||25.2|
|2015-2019 median household income (in 2019 dollars) :||$53,599|
|Income per capita in the previous 12 months (in 2019 dollars), 2015-2019 :||$20,950|
|Percentage of people living in poverty :||8.9%|
|Total number of businesses in 2012 :||409|
|Men-owned businesses in 2012 :||137|
|Women-owned businesses in 2012 :||191|
|Minority-owned businesses in 2012 :||85|
|Non-minority-owned businesses in 2012 :||299|
|Veteran-owned businesses in 2012 :||F|
|Nonveteran-owned businesses in 2012 :||351|
|2010 population per square mile :||3,145.2|
|2010 land area in square miles :||2.73|
People born in Greenville (8)
- Charlie Hemphill (American baseball player) he was born in 20/04/1876
- Frank Hemphill (Major League Baseball left fielder) he was born in 13/05/1878
- James D Spaniolo he was born in 06/04/1946
- Justin Zimmer (American football defensive tackle) he was born in 23/10/1992
- Jess Pratt (Australian cyclist) she was born in 09/10/1997
Schools in Greenville
College & universities near Greenville, MI
|171234||Montcalm Community College||Sidney (MI)||48885-9723|
Amtrak & bus stations near Greenville, MI
|RKF||Rockford, Michigan||US 131 & 10 Mile Road NE||BUS|
|HWC||Howard City, Michigan||130 North Ensley St.||BUS|
|GRR||Vernon J. Ehlers Station||431 Wealthy St. SW||RAIL|
|BGP||Big Rapids, Michigan||14342 Northland Dr.||BUS|
|REE||Reed City, Michigan||US 10 & 220th Ave.||BUS|
Post offices near Greenville
|Post Office Name||City||ZIP|
|Greenvill Post Office||Greenville (MI)||48838|
Other places with the same name (21)
- Greenville , North Carolina county seat of Greenville County, South Carolina, United States with a population of 94,779 people.
- Greenville , South Carolina county seat of Greenville County, South Carolina, United States with a population of 72,227 people.
- Greenville , Texas city in Hunt County, Texas, United States with a population of 29,374 people.
- Greenville , Mississippi city in Washington County, Mississippi, United States with a population of 28,315 people.
- Greenville , Ohio city in Darke County, Ohio, United States with a population of 12,627 people.
- Greenville , Wisconsin town in Outagamie County, Wisconsin, United States with a population of 12,529 people.
- Greenville , Alabama county seat of Butler County, Alabama, United States with a population of 7,349 people.
- Greenville , Illinois city in Bond County, Illinois, United States with a population of 6,365 people.
- Greenville , Pennsylvania borough in Mercer County, Pennsylvania, United States with a population of 5,177 people.
- Greenville , New York town in Greene County, New York, United States with a population of 4,668 people.
- Greenville , Kentucky city in Muhlenberg County, Kentucky, United States with a population of 4,153 people.
- Greenville , New Hampshire town in Hillsborough County, New Hampshire, United States with a population of 2,110 people.
- Greenville , Maine town in Piscataquis County, Maine, United States with a population of 1,628 people.
- Greenville , Indiana town in Floyd County, Indiana, United States with a population of 1,115 people.
- Greenville , Georgia city in Meriwether County, Georgia, United States with a population of 862 people.
- Greenville , Georgia city in Meriwether County, Georgia, United States with a population of 835 people.
- Greenville , Florida town in Madison County, Florida, United States with a population of 831 people.
- Greenville , Missouri city in Wayne County, Missouri in the United States with a population of 490 people.
- Greenville , Missouri city in Clay County, Iowa, United States with a population of 455 people.
- Greenville , Iowa city in Clay County, Iowa, United States with a population of 67 people.
Other cities in Montcalm County
Cities, Towns, Neighborhoods & Other Populated Places in Montcalm County , MI.
|Sidney||2,435||Township in Montcalm County, Michigan|
|Howard City||1,819||City in Howard County, Nebraska, United States of America|
|Stanton||1,420||City in Michigan|
|Edmore||1,188||City in Ramsey County, North Dakota, United States of America|
|Carson City||1,111||City in Michigan|
|Crystal||859||Township in Montcalm County, Michigan|
|Sheridan||647||Village in Michigan, United States|
|McBride||203||Human settlement in Montcalm County, Michigan, United States of America|
|Pierson||174||Township in Montcalm County, Michigan|
Distance to Other Cities
Greenville distances to largest Michigan cities