Florence: Village in Pike County, Illinois
Florence is a village located in the county of Pike in the U.S. state of Illinois. Its population at the 2010 census was 38 and a population density of 181 people per km². After 10 years in 2020 city had an estimated population of 36 inhabitants.
Quick Facts about Florence
|Population :||36 (2020)|
|Country :||United States of America|
|State :||Illinois (United States)|
|County :||Pike County|
|Plate code :||217|
|Area :||0.21 km2|
|Time Zone :||America/Chicago|
|Local time :||10:40:49 (21st September 2023)|
|Density :||171 Pop. per km² as of 2020|
|Population growth :||-5.56% (2010-2020)|
|Weather :||79℉ Chance Showers And Thunderstorms 7-days weather|
Florence is located at 39°37'38"N 90°36'38"W (39.6272700, -90.6106800).
Florence forecast: A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Partly sunny, with a high near 79. Southeast wind around 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. more
According to census records, the population of Florence decreased by 5.56% in 10 years.
|Estimated population as of July 1, 2019 :||62,027|
|Based on demographic estimates as of April 1, 2010 :||62,958|
|Based on demographic estimates as of 1 April 2010 :||-1.5%|
|April 1, 2020 Population :||62,088|
|April 1, 2010 Population :||62,942|
|People under 5 years old, percentage :||5.4%|
|People under 18 years old, percentage :||22.7%|
|People over 65 (%) :||14.7%|
|Female persons, % :||52.3%|
|White only, percent :||52.2%|
|Black or African American alone, percent :||1.0%|
|American Indian and Alaska Native only, % :||0.6%|
|Asians alone % :||2.8%|
|Only Native Hawaiians and Other Pacific Islanders, % :||0.1%|
|% of people who have participated in two or more races :||1.9%|
|% of Hispanic or Latino :||90.7%|
|White people, not Hispanic or Latino people, make up the majority of the population. :||5.3%|
|2015-2019 Veterans :||1,523|
|Percentage of foreign-born people, 2015-2019 :||29.7%|
|Rate of owner-occupied housing units, 2015-2019 :||68.2%|
|Rate of owner-occupied housing units, 2015-2019 :||68.2%|
|Owner-occupied housing unit median value, 2015-2019 :||$440,600|
|From 2015 to 2019, the median selected monthly owner costs - with a mortgage :||$1,962|
|Monthly owner costs, without a mortgage, at the median, 2015-2019 :||$390|
|2015-2019 median gross rent :||$1,403|
|2015-2019 Households :||16,852|
|Population per household, 2015-2019 :||3.71|
|Living in the same house a year ago, percentage of people aged one year and up, 2015-2019 :||94.7%|
|Languages other than English spoken at home, as a percentage of people aged 5 and up, 2015-2019 :||69.7%|
|Households with computers, %, 2015-2019 :||88.6%|
|Percentage of households with a broadband Internet subscription, 2015-2019 :||79.8%|
|Percentage of people aged 25 and up with a high school diploma or higher, 2015-2019 :||70.8%|
|Bachelor's degree or higher, proportion of people aged 25 and up, 2015-2019 :||12.9%|
|Percentage of people under the age of 65 who have a disability, 2015-2019 :||5.6%|
|Persons under the age of 65 who do not have health insurance, as a percentage :||10.5%|
|Total civilian labor force, percent of population aged 16 and up, 2015-2019 :||62.4%|
|Female labor force participation in the civilian labor force, as a percentage of the population aged 16 and up, 2015-2019 :||56.2%|
|Total sales of lodging and food services in 2012 ($1,000) :||104,954|
|Total receipts/revenue for health care and social assistance in 2012 ($1,000) :||117,722|
|Manufacturers' total shipments in 2012 ($1,000) :||433,303|
|2012 total retail sales ($1,000) :||1,480,264|
|2012 total retail sales per capita :||$23,303|
|Mean commute time to work (in minutes), workers aged 16 and up, 2015-2019 :||31.3|
|2015-2019 median household income (in 2019 dollars) :||$67,636|
|Income per capita in the previous 12 months (in 2019 dollars), 2015-2019 :||$23,449|
|Percentage of people living in poverty :||8.8%|
|Total number of businesses in 2012 :||4,396|
|Men-owned businesses in 2012 :||2,621|
|Women-owned businesses in 2012 :||1,418|
|Minority-owned businesses in 2012 :||3,806|
|Non-minority-owned businesses in 2012 :||430|
|Veteran-owned businesses in 2012 :||234|
|Nonveteran-owned businesses in 2012 :||4,025|
|2010 population per square mile :||7,587.5|
|2010 land area in square miles :||8.30|
Schools in Florence
College & universities near Florence, IL
|145691||Illinois College||Jacksonville (IL)||62650-2299|
Amtrak & bus stations near Florence, IL
|CRV||Carlinville||128 Alton Rd.||RAIL|
|QCY||Quincy||North 30th St. and Wisman Lane||RAIL|
|SPI||Springfield station||East Washington and North Third Sts.||RAIL|
|ALN||Alton||3400 College Ave.||RAIL|
|MAC||Macomb||120 East Calhoun Street||RAIL|
Post offices near Florence
|Post Office Name||City||ZIP|
|Milton Post Office||Milton (IL)||62352|
Other places with the same name (16)
- Florence , Alabama The county seat of Lauderdale County, Alabama. It is located on the Tennessee River in the northwestern part of the state. Florence is known for its many parks and green spaces, its many historical sites, and its many attractions, such as the Florence Art Museum and the Florence Civic Center. with a population of 41,166 people.
- Florence , South Carolina civil town in Florence County, Wisconsin with a population of 38,467 people.
- Florence , Kentucky city in Kentucky, US with a population of 33,423 people.
- Florence , Arizona town in and county seat of Pinal County, Arizona, United States with a population of 28,049 people.
- Florence , New Jersey township in Burlington County, New Jersey with a population of 12,473 people.
- Florence , Oregon city in Oregon, USA with a population of 9,210 people.
- Florence , Mississippi town in Mississippi, US with a population of 4,531 people.
- Florence , Colorado city in Colorado, United States with a population of 3,982 people.
- Florence , Ohio unincorporated community in Paint Township, Madison County, Ohio with a population of 1,953 people.
- Florence , Wisconsin civil town in Florence County, Wisconsin with a population of 1,945 people.
- Florence , Texas city in Texas, United States with a population of 1,304 people.
- Florence , New York town in Oneida County, New York with a population of 1,050 people.
- Florence , Kansas city in Marion County, Kansas with a population of 425 people.
- Florence , Minnesota city in Minnesota, United States with a population of 35 people.
- Florence , South Dakota town in Codington County, South Dakota, United States with a population of 18 people.
Other cities in Pike County
Cities, towns, neighborhoods & other populated places in Pike County , IL. (more)
|New Salem||5,337||Township in Pike County, Illinois|
|Pittsfield||4,165||Township in Pike County, Illinois|
|Barry||1,208||City in Illinois, United States|
|Griggsville||1,125||City in Illinois|
|Independence||1,044||Township in Saline County, Illinois|
|Bedford||1,021||Township in Wayne County, Illinois|
|Taylor||908||Township of Illinois|
|Atlas||530||Human settlement in Illinois, United States of America|
|Montezuma||515||Township in Pike County, Illinois|
|Hull||421||Village in Pike County, Illinois, USA|
|Martinsburg||396||Township in Pike County, Illinois|
|Perry||371||Village in the United States|
|New Canton||338||Town in Illinois, United States|
|Nebo||323||Village in Pike County, Illinois, USA|
|Pike||223||Unincorporated community in Illinois|